US tour happening in November?

Guest NGOG

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

My source Jim Koplik again in relation to a US tour prospect responded:

“Looking good for a November Connecticut date if they tour.”

Now Jim Koplik is a Live Nation Chairman (and of course Live Nation Executive Chairman Irving Azoff is part of a legal settlement stating GN’R would perform at various… venues).

As well as this Eddie Trunk also spoke of November appearances via his Twitter page.

I hope to have more on the matter shortly.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The part that intrigues me is the “if they tour” – implying the settlement is on Axl’s terms and he can avail of the touring agreement whenever he so wishes.

I hope they will do a US tour (And Please Come To KY, Axl you have fans here as well, you played once on the Use Your Illusion Tour, how about a second time?) However its not like they are the must see band for me and given Axl's reputation buying a ticket might be a little like gambling. It would be nice though, I've wanted to see them, but honestly I'd rather have new studio material released than go see them live.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Are you implicating a November GN’R US tour then Jim?

It’s a good possibility but he is never predictable so I wouldn't bet on it.

I couldn't figure why

You couldn't give me what everybody needs

I shouldn't let you kick me when I'm down

My baby

I find out everybody knows that

You've been using me

I'm surprised you

Let me stay around you

One day I'm gonna lift the cover

And look inside your heart

We gotta level before we go

And tear this love apart

There's no fight you can't fight this battle of love with me

You win again, so little time, we do nothing but compete

There's no life on earth, no other could see me through

You win again, some never try but if anybody can, we can

And I'll be, I'll be following you

Following you, oh girl

Oh baby, I shake you from now on

I'm gonna break down your defenses, one by one

I'm gonna hit you from all sides, lay your fortress open wide

Nobody stops this body from taking you

You better beware, I swear

I'm gonna be there one day when you fall

I could never let you cast aside

The greatest love of all

{ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/bee-gees-lyrics/you-win-again-lyrics.html }

Following you

Following, following you

if they tour.

Enough said. None of the band members have really said anything recently, though I think Richard mentioned something about being free by January, so interpret that as you will...

To be fair Richard didn't say he was free in January. He said he hoped to be free in order to do the Thin Lizzy shows as well.

Before anyone jumps on that, that doesn't mean that Richard hopes GN'R doesn't tour, just that he hopes there's time for both. ;)

Hopefully Axl can swallow his pride/ego and NOT do US arenas. Gotta be embarrassing to walk into a 18000 seat arena 1/2 empty. Tour theatres and smaller venues, the atmosphere would be so much better. He could play arenas in NYC, Chicago, Vegas (maybe) and LA, all other stops should be theatres or smaller. Maybe down the road he could build up to a full on arena tour....maybe.

Guest siliconmessiah

Hopefully Axl can swallow his pride/ego and NOT do US arenas. Gotta be embarrassing to walk into a 18000 seat arena 1/2 empty. Tour theatres and smaller venues, the atmosphere would be so much better. He could play arenas in NYC, Chicago, Vegas (maybe) and LA, all other stops should be theatres or smaller. Maybe down the road he could build up to a full on arena tour....maybe.

GNR will sell anywhere with proper promotion.

And with a proper lineup, like without Ashba.

To be honest. I don´t know how much they can milk out of the never ending Chinese Democracy World Tour anymore.

Well, plans of another US-tour must be a sign of something new coming along? Or?

Edited by siliconmessiah

Ashba is the future.

:rofl-lol:

Pwoahhhh lolllll! That's a good one. Sorry man, but he really is just a session and touring musician for Guns. Bucket was the same, and left, Robin was the same, he left too, Brain... Axl is the only constant in this band, anyone else is just there for the ride.

Ashba is the future.

Pwoahhhh lolllll! That's a good one. Sorry man, but he really is just a session and touring musician for Guns. Bucket was the same, and left, Robin was the same, he left too, Brain... Axl is the only constant in this band, anyone else is just there for the ride.

Anyone else? Not Dizzy, not Tommy, not Chris, not Richard, not Bumblefoot, not DJ, not Frank. Unless you call two, five, more than 10 or 20 years just a "ride".

Ashba is the future.

Anyone else? Not Dizzy, not Tommy, not Chris, not Richard, not Bumblefoot, not DJ, not Frank. Unless you call two, five, more than 10 or 20 years just a "ride".

What I meant was, Axl decides Guns N' Roses future buddy. Dizzy wasn't even sure if his parts were on Street of Dreams, DJ said Guns would be touring February 2011, Bumble thought Oh My God was a leak. The are all just session/touring musicians.

well, maybe that is the reason why he does not tour the US. Guns can play stadiums in South America and arenas with 12 to 15k people in the rest of the world....

Guest siliconmessiah

Dude get over it Ashba is the future.

Not to mention, Wunterslaush isn't real...

Edited by siliconmessiah