Time for Lady Gaga to step aside.

liquidmetal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the fact she is marketed as an indie hipster queen, she fits the mold. Rich girl, gone to a private school in Connecticut, her music is what hipsters listen to, her perforamnce seems ironic as hipsters love using the word ironic, and her videos is something hipsters touch themselves too. Believe me she is a hipster.

Hipsters tend to have a lot of money so they can afford designer clothes mixed with shit they get from thrift shops, and they have a lot of shit from thrift shops.

She went to a boarding school near Kent about 30 minutes from where I live. Her father is really rich. She's just another spoiled hipster girl who used her trust fund to make an album. Lady Gaga will crush her.

So explain how Kate Bush is still around. Or Carly Simon. Grace Slick was a socialite. People didn't judge their skill on coming from money, just the ones like Rebecca Black where it came across that her parents put money into someone with questionable singing skills. Jeff Buckley talked about how people assumed he was a trust fund kid, but he said his stepdad paid all the bills, and "cult artists" make no money. Biggest surprise is prob. Julia Louis Dreyfus' dad being a billionaire (not the investment company, but a company out of France that has their hands in everything).

I don't think this girl is out to make commercial music anyway. People thought the Sugarcubes (Bjork's previous band) were one of the worst shows on SNL. Fear was on SNL, and I'm sure most of America turned the volume to off. Juliette Lewis prob. got a bunch of hate Tweets defending her, but she was just offering her opinion, nothing more or less, and it was more about her stage presence. A lot of people watch SNL for the music more than the sketch comedy, or because they want to see how someone who normally doesn't work in comedy does on the show. It's a good litmus test to get into acting. Justin Timberlake's a good case in point, be a regular, get in a skit or two, then become the host. Daniel Radcliffe's learning stuff apart from wizard world and gave comedy a try.

Let's not forget Jim Morrison performed with his back to the audience when The Doors started out, and not exactly a great singer starting out. I think Bob Dylan got people like Jim and Lou Reed some confidence to go out and sing, as well as Patti Smith later on. Jagger as well - I don't think he's a great singer, but how he delivers it is why he became a man of wealth and taste.

She's just another spoiled hipster girl who used her trust fund to make an album. Lady Gaga will crush her.

Pretty sure the hipster/internet backlash against her is already in full swing. A few of the tracks from the album I've heard sound quite bad (National Anthem especially). The fact that she isn't a great live performer doesn't help either. I like her but the "time for Lady Gaga to step aside!" comments are a bit daft.

She's just another spoiled hipster girl who used her trust fund to make an album. Lady Gaga will crush her.

Pretty sure the hipster/internet backlash against her is already in full swing. A few of the tracks from the album I've heard sound quite bad (National Anthem especially). The fact that she isn't a great live performer doesn't help either. I like her but the "time for Lady Gaga to step aside!" comments are a bit daft.

Yeah it's also daft to compare her to Grace Slick and Carly Simon. Comparing her to Dylan, Buckley and Morrison is plain retarded.

I can see teens killing themselves to her music.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Guest Len B'stard

sounds like an absolute load of fuckin cack to be honest. And so does Lady Gaga. Just an absolute load of shite. Boring fucking dispassionate bollocks, the lot of it.

The problem with all this music is that it's just so fucking obvious. And in being so cheap and patronising. Lady Gaga, God, fuck me, i've never come across such shit in all my life, "oooh, look at me, i'm a chameleon", it's just so boring and formulaic and patronising. And more than anything, the music is shit so it don't matter what fuckin tin foil you wrap it in, or how someone might be rippin' off some ideas that David Bowie had in the early 70s (and quite frankly weren't terribley impressive even then).

Fuckin say something to me, something fuckin original, something of yourself, instead of a load of stickin' up for gays or lesbians or vegetarians or any of that fuckin boil in the bag crap. It's so fuckin patronising, it's like your Social Studies teacher and that, oooh, look at me, i look like a bloke but then i look like a bird, the moral of the story is, everyone is equal, i don't give a flying fuck quite honestly.

"Artists" like that are SOO fuckin insulting, they're so precisely aimed and fuckin...ugh, i dunno, fuck em, bunch of dull cunts if you ask me.

Edited by sugaraylen

sounds like an absolute load of fuckin cack to be honest. And so does Lady Gaga. Just an absolute load of shite. Boring fucking dispassionate bollocks, the lot of it.

The problem with all this music is that it's just so fucking obvious. And in being so cheap and patronising. Lady Gaga, God, fuck me, i've never come across such shit in all my life, "oooh, look at me, i'm a chameleon", it's just so boring and formulaic and patronising. And more than anything, the music is shit so it don't matter what fuckin tin foil you wrap it in, or how someone might be rippin' off some ideas that David Bowie had in the early 70s (and quite frankly weren't terribley impressive even then).

Fuckin say something to me, something fuckin original, something of yourself, instead of a load of stickin' up for gays or lesbians or vegetarians or any of that fuckin boil in the bag crap. It's so fuckin patronising, it's like your Social Studies teacher and that, oooh, look at me, i look like a bloke but then i look like a bird, the moral of the story is, everyone is equal, i don't give a flying fuck quite honestly.

"Artists" like that are SOO fuckin insulting, they're so precisely aimed and fuckin...ugh, i dunno, fuck em, bunch of dull cunts if you ask me.

fuck ehhhh fuckin ehhhhh fuckin fuckin FUCKINNNNNNN.....

she's talented. in the end it's all opinion and your taste in music. some people like justin bieber, some don't. some people like zeppelin, some don't.

Edited by Forsaken

Guest Len B'stard
in the end it's all opinion and your taste in music

No shit sherlock, what did you think it was the fuckin Gospel of St Len? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

in the end it's all opinion and your taste in music. some people like justin bieber, some don't. some people like zeppelin, some don't.

It's not all opinion. One can clearly make a difference between good music and bad music.

See this topic: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=173332&st=0

Edited by st0n3r

I'll preface this by saying I've only heard Video Games and Born to Die by Lana Del Ray, so I don't have much of an opinion on her either way.

But for the rest of it, I fucking agree 100%. I've always thought Gaga's shit with preaching to every single "minority" group was a little too heavy-handed, just another part of her image. Yeah, she might really care about them, but fuck, every time I see her talk about them the word "pandering" won't leave my mind. I don't think she's had a single genuine moment since she got famous.

in the end it's all opinion and your taste in music. some people like justin bieber, some don't. some people like zeppelin, some don't.

It's not all opinion.

Sure it is, everything in the thread was opinion. Your opinion is what differs in what you think is good and bad music. That's why everyone is different. :thumbsup: