Dallas November 5!! Info and Update Thread

batman007

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I can't make it down to Dallas for the show so I've got 2 tickets if anybody wants to buy them.

I'd rather a real fan buy them so I'm posting here and the other big site before I hit ebay.

They are in section 100 row N seats 1 & 2. I haven't been to gexa but they looked like pretty good seats on the seating chart. I'm just looking to get my money back. $92 each and I'll pay for mailing. I've got a paypal account so PM me if you're interested.

I k

Any ord if this is a day long festival with mulitple bands or just a regular FNR show? Strange Bucksherry would open the nite before in Houston, but not Dallas. My tickets say 8:30 PM, which is an unusal start time.

I keep checking the www.kegl.com site, but there's nothing about any opening band. I really hope it's Loaded. I would love to see Duff's band and hopefully, he will join Axl and GNR for some songs too.

It's being called The FAll Brawl show, but only says GNR.

I really hope it's either Loaded or no one and I really hope Axl's been told that they can't play passed 11:30 and it would suck big time if the show is cut short because of their noise ordinance rule. It's a SAturday, let it go!

I k

Any ord if this is a day long festival with mulitple bands or just a regular FNR show? Strange Bucksherry would open the nite before in Houston, but not Dallas. My tickets say 8:30 PM, which is an unusal start time.

I keep checking the www.kegl.com site, but there's nothing about any opening band. I really hope it's Loaded. I would love to see Duff's band and hopefully, he will join Axl and GNR for some songs too.

I really hope it's either Loaded or no one and I really hope Axl's been told that they can't play passed 11:30 and it would suck big time if the show is cut short because of their noise ordinance rule. It's a SAturday, let it go!

Oh crap...

11:30 curfew due to noise ordinance? At the Cotton Bowl/Texas Fair site? That doesn't sound good for a GNR show.

8:30 start time? Oh well, I will be there at that time, but I do not expect GNR to play at that time. Hopefully full details come this week.

I k

Oh crap...

11:30 curfew due to noise ordinance? At the Cotton Bowl/Texas Fair site? That doesn't sound good for a GNR show.

8:30 start time? Oh well, I will be there at that time, but I do not expect GNR to play at that time. Hopefully full details come this week.

yeah i'm a bit concerned about this too. i'm thinking about calling the venue and asking them about this and how they plan on handling the situation. i'll post here if i find anything out.

i saw them play at the same place back in '91 and they went on late and definitely played past 11:30pm and nobody pulled the plug on them. i think it's probably just a fine for going beyond the curfew, which i assume GNR is happy to pay.

Ugh I have a bad feeling about this show. Dunno why.

Seems to be a curfew

No opening band

Not selling very well (over 2000 seats still for sale + lawn)

Seems to be only pavillion type show?

Edited by GNRFan53

Ugh I have a bad feeling about this show. Dunno why.

Seems to be a curfew

No opening band

Not selling very well (over 2000 seats still for sale + lawn)

Seems to be only pavillion type show?

the place holds 20k in total. so 2,000 remaining tickets is only 10% open so they've sold 90% of the place so far.

my biggest concern is the curfew thing.

Plus Lawn though. Amd they the curfew is making me sick. I emailed a rep at Gexa early this morning. No response.

true, can't tell how many lawn seats are remaining from the livenation seat map. not sure why there is a curfew. the place is in the state fair grounds although there are some ghetto houses kinda close by. but i'm sure those people are all up late on a sat night dealing drugs anyway so what's the problem??

Email KristiePerez@livenation.com. She has the information we need. She is the one who told me abot the dallas date. I asked her :

Is there any report on an opening slot for the Guns N Roses?

Also, will there be a curfew considering its a Saturday night. They usually come on stage really late.

How are the tickets selling?

Email KristiePerez@livenation.com. She has the information we need. She is the one who told me abot the dallas date. I asked her :

Also, will there be a curfew considering its a Saturday night. They usually come on stage really late.

k have you heard from her yet? I really hope they drop the curfew for the night otherwise we Dallas fans are fucked big time.

Whats with curfews in these foreign countries :shrugs:

The Gexa venue is right in the middle of a residential area with private homes. It's an outside venue and since most concerts are very loud, they usually don't play past 11:30 or so.

I think it's just a Dallas thing. I'm originally from NY and we never had any curfews and a few bands were late, but they played their full sets.

I just hope Axl and GNR are aware of this and make exceptions for us fans or it's not going to be pretty. Maybe they should up the time or something?

I hope we know something more before Saturday. As for the lawn people, if there are many empty seats, I have heard that sometimes they move the lawn fans to seats.

I've been to this venue alot and the most I've ever seen it full was for Rush. Most bands play to like 10,000 to 13,000 fans or so.

We all paid full price so we are entitled to the full concert. I'm not sure if they are allowed to go over the time if paying a fine would do it?

Plus Lawn though. Amd they the curfew is making me sick. I emailed a rep at Gexa early this morning. No response.

true, can't tell how many lawn seats are remaining from the livenation seat map. not sure why there is a curfew. the place is in the state fair grounds although there are some ghetto houses kinda close by. but i'm sure those people are all up late on a sat night dealing drugs anyway so what's the problem??

My God that is so racist, but I thought the very same thing. Actually, some of the people around the venue open their lawns for you to park there for like $5. lol

All I know is this better be resolved by the time the show starts or the fans will probably riot due to the show being cut short by the venue.

yeah not trying to be racist but it's a pretty true statement. i've been to starplex/smirnoff/gexa lots of times and everyone knows the entire fair park area is kinda in the ghetto. plus if you look at google maps you can see that the stadium actually faces away from the houses so i can't imagine it gets too loud for them.

did you ever receive a response?

Nope, its weird. She usually responds really quick.

Nope, its weird. She usually responds really quick.

It's possible she doesn't know anything yet herself.

Either way, it's only 4 more days. Guess we'll find out when we get there. I'm glad it's a SAturday night, because if the show does go over the curfew, most people shouldn't bitch about it too much.

I want to see the entire GNR show, so things better go well.

I'm curious to hear about the HOuston show on FRiday night. That might give us a preview of what we Dallas fans can expect, but then again, it's Axl, so who the hell knows? lol