Dallas November 5!! Info and Update Thread

batman007

A few years ago my son had a chain on his wallet, and he had to throw the whole wallet away because the chain didn't come off. I also saw a kid with chains on his pants not allowed in the venue.

I suggest you take the chain off the wallet or don't let it show, but then again, it might set off the wand thingie.

They will make you either go back to your car or throw it out. I doubt they changed this policy in years.

All these rules, but it's the times I guess.

Funny, but I've never heard of an incident where someone got hurt b/c of a chain wallet.

Cut the show short b/c of the curfew, and my chain wallet is the LAST thing they need to worry about if a riot break outs! lol

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these guys i assume: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword

looks like they've already got dates booked starting 11/8 so if it's them it would be a VERY short run.

here's their website with upcoming dates: http://www.swordofdoom.com/?page_id=97

they're from austin so it makes logistical sense that they would open in dallas.

Edited by p-man

Never heard of Sword. BUt if they give the opening spot to a local band, good for them. I'm paying to see GNR, not an opening band. I would have liked to see Buckcherry again. Wonder why their last date is the nite before.

EDIT - Nevermind. Buckcherry plays Galveston on Saturday nite at the bike rally. Probably a prior commitment before the GNR tour.

Edited by SALonghorn

Never heard of Sword. BUt if they give the opening spot to a local band, good for them. I'm paying to see GNR, not an opening band. I would have liked to see Buckcherry again. Wonder why their last date is the nite before.

agreed. cool of them to give a local band the opportunity.

Buckcherry has a cruise gig.

Is it just possible...that GNR is the only band to play, and therefore, doing a typical 3-hour show, they would play from 8:30 pm to 11:30 PM, which is the curfew? Maybe the venue is hoping for that. It ain't gonna happen.

Either way, got to be there at 8:30 at the latest.

Yeah, got to get me a new GNR shirt for sure!

God, this is so surreal. I never thought I would ever get to see and hear Axl and GNR live! This is going to be so fuckin awesome!

This venue better not screw us, by cutting this show short. To hell with the damn curfew! This is fuckin Guns N Roses!

+ 1 Every part of that statement is how I feel.

+2 for me too!

The venue, knowing the band's & fan's reputation, won't cut the show short. Only a show like Leeds has the balls to do that without causing a riot. GNR will be on late as usual, but they should give us a good show.

Still wondering what happens at 8:30 pm tho?

The venue lets you in. Frisks you and makes sure you don't have any bombs or chains or whatever the hell they think you might kill someone with! lol

They also have that wand thingie now, which they use on everyone coming in, so this makes things slower now. By the time, we get in the venue, GNR will be ready to come on! lol

I'm eating somewhere else. The food costs too much and it's not all that good. Definitely buying merch though. I'll probably buy merch get a drink and get to my seat and hope for the best.

Haven't been to a concert in a while (got two little ones at home these days), so I wonder if they will harrass us with chain wallets? IT CAN BE USED AS A WEAPON!

Camera allowed in? Or just phone cameras? My phone camera sucks so I prefer to use my small digital camera.

Since I'm driving up from SA, I thought about going to a In & Out chain. Haven't had one of those in a long time.

Last time I was there, cameras were allowed. As long as it didnt have an attachment lense.

What time are you guyes getting to the show? My ticket is in 102. Would it be a bad idea to get there at 9:30 so the wait wouldnt be as long?

If you can get there by 8:30 when the doors open. By the time security checks us all in, it'll be 9:30. I also suggest you try to park your car so you can pull out because it's crazy when it comes time to get out of the parking lot after the show is over. I did buy my VIP parking online, so we'll see how that goes.

So is this band The Sword opening for GNR? I think I"ve heard of them. Oh well, it'll pass the time until GNR come out.

This venue also checks your tickets each time you come back to your seat, so don't throw them away unless you never leave your seat.

Like I said, they check each person with the electronic wand and if you have a purse they check that too.

Try not to bring anything with chains like wallets or pants. They won't allow it. Also no outside drinks. By the time you get to the show, you feel like you've been there for hours. lol

Whatever! I just want to enjoy the show and hopefully, the curfew is dropped for this show. But since the doors open at 8:30 and there's another band opening for GNR, what time do they expect them to come out? Even if they start at ten and it's a 2 to 3 hour show, DUH, we'll be there long after 11:30. Besides, this Saturday we turn out clocks back, so we gain an hour!

I've seen The Sword a few times in clubs around Ft Worth and they are awesome.They have a pretty big following around Texas.I also saw them open for Down and Metallica in Houston in 2008.From what I understand,Metallica are big fans and gave them that opening slot.They are kick ass live-I was going to skip Buckcherry since I'm not a fan and arrive late to see GN'R,but there's no way I'm missing The Sword opening for GN'R-whoever booked this show knocked it out of the park!

I've seen The Sword a few times in clubs around Ft Worth and they are awesome.They have a pretty big following around Texas.I also saw them open for Down and Metallica in Houston in 2008.From what I understand,Metallica are big fans and gave them that opening slot.They are kick ass live-I was going to skip Buckcherry since I'm not a fan and arrive late to see GN'R,but there's no way I'm missing The Sword opening for GN'R-whoever booked this show knocked it out of the park!

Good info, thanks!

Question for Dallas residents... How's Deep Ellum these days? Back in the day I had a few tattoos done there and it was a blast but then I heard it kinda went to shit now it's back in an upswing. Thoughts? Reason I ask is I'm looking for a place to take my brother(who's never been to Dallas) to knock back a few beers and watch some football before the show starts. Thanks!

Question for Dallas residents... How's Deep Ellum these days? Back in the day I had a few tattoos done there and it was a blast but then I heard it kinda went to shit now it's back in an upswing. Thoughts? Reason I ask is I'm looking for a place to take my brother(who's never been to Dallas) to knock back a few beers and watch some football before the show starts. Thanks!

deep ellum is fine these days. you won't have any problems whatsoever.

i've never been to this particular place but it looks promising: http://www.yelp.com/biz/anvil-pub-dallas