Camden NJ, 11/26/2011

Ready2CrashandBurn

Who plans on attending this show? I know I will be, but I'm curious to see what kind of response there will be in Philly. Philly was skipped in 2006, and we all know about the 2002 incident, so I know there are mixed feelings in the city, especially with Pierre Robert bashing Axl everyday lol. Also if anyone can help a brotha out with the pre-sale for tomorrow, it would be greatly appreciated. The Pit at the susquehanna center is small and intimate, and they don't overcrowd it. It will be an awesome spot to see the show.

*gunsguy edit:*

SETLIST

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Shackler's Revenge

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)

This I Love

Sonic Reducer (Dead Boys cover) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals)

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi Amor)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Instrumental Jam (Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II)

Axl Rose Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/… more)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

Instrumental Jam

Madagascar

Patience

Better

Paradise City

Edited by gunsguy

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will def be going to the show. Everyone here has been killin Axl since news came out about GNR coming back to the area. So unless there is a killer opening act, I could definitely see a poor turn out for the show, which is ashame. People should move on, but ya can't blame em for feeling this way, and Philly is the wrong town to pull a no show on, we never forget lol

Just got my tix, section 202 in the center, close to an aisle just in case of a riot, need that quick escape. My gf is coming with, and she worked at the first union center in Philly that night when the riot happened, so she is a little doubtful Axl will show up again lol :shrugs:

not going.........after the 2002 Philly show I told myself I would never attend another GnR concert not in NYC :rofl-lol:

Plus, they don't go onstage till so fucking late I would not want to be stuck in an arena sitting around waiting for them to decide to take the stage. When they play in NYC, it's easy to go to a few bars before hand and arrive around 10-10:30 which works perfectly since they usually take the stage after 10:30. But in Camden or E. Rutherford, that's not so much an option nor is waiting around for 2 hours between acts.

Not to mention it's my 20 yr HS Reunion that night :shrugs:

I was holding out for MSG too, but fuck it I caved and bought tickets for the wife and me. Section 102, Row X , Axl is going to give this crowd his all , he knows that the Philly press is going to be judging him hard, and it'll be awesome to watch him tell them to suck it. Can't wait, saw Guns last year at Sweden Rock and at the Hammerstein in 2006, each time better then the last. Oh and by the way , I'll probably get to hear "Estranged". Worth the price of admission if you ask me!

Ill be going. Got the pit tickets at 10:05 am last Thursday. Saw them in the meadowlands in 06 and was at the riot show. Nobody who would go to this show thinks Pierre's opinion is worth shit, so that won't be the problem. Philly fans being bitches who can't move on may be though. Yknow it's not like we didn't get our money back. I hope people don't go and then have to hear the 15000 that go gloat about it. Where will we do it though? MMR would rather be right than let the truth about GnR be heard. Preston and Steve were bashing the rir show (such a surprise). Fuck 'em. But I hope the turnout's good so he'll come back and I don't have to drive 2.5 hours again

How big is the arena? Do we know if Buckcherry is opening this as well?

[/quote

Its not an arena at all. Its a performing arts specific ampitheater styke venue in the summer. in the fall, the lawn is closed off (usually) and it holds 7000 people indoors. I guess they're accounting for all the butt-hurt Philly has over the 2002 thing. Uhhh Buckcherry? Considering Josh and Keith were going to be in VR at one point, I'm very surprised Axl would have them open. Never been there before?

When are tickets going on sale for this? I can't find them on Ticketmaster.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them...looks like they are actually selling very well and fast...pretty much all the good seats are sold already.

Edited by Kasanova King

Pit tickets aren't available for the presale for this show, I guess.

Saturday it is, then!

EDIT: Pit tickets are $112 dollars?! I'm holding off on this show, then. Hopefully Philly or NYC get announced.

This is the Philly show. Bands either play in Camden or Philly, not both. (Camden is considered as being within metropolitan Philadelphia) This venue is literally 10 minutes from downtown Philadelphia, just over the bridge.

The OP should edit his original post and put Philadelphia in parenthesis next to Camden.

Edited by Kasanova King

Pit tickets aren't available for the presale for this show, I guess.

Saturday it is, then!

EDIT: Pit tickets are $112 dollars?! I'm holding off on this show, then. Hopefully Philly or NYC get announced.

This is the Philly show. Bands either play in Camden or Philly, not both. (Camden is considered as being within metropolitan Philadelphia) This venue is literally 10 minutes from downtown Philadelphia, just over the bridge.

The OP should edit his original post and put Philadelphia in parenthesis next to Camden.

Yea and any bands who play here acknowledge the crowd as philly almost all the time

i live about 45 from philly, and im going to the wilkes show specifically because of what happend in 02. not taking a chance. philly crowds can be ASSHOLES, if there was every going to be an incident with the crowd throwing shit on the stage, its here.

I disagree. I was at the 2002 no show and I was pissed at the time. People grow, they get over things, I did. And the whole "Philly crowds are the worst" is the most overblown, media created illusion there is out there. Much worse happens in other cities every year and barely gets any attention - like people getting killed in parking lots, beat up, etc....if a fan throws a snowball at a Philly event it's all over the nightly news. And I highly doubt fans that are paying $100+ per ticket are going there to get back at Axl....lol.

Edited by Kasanova King

i live about 45 from philly, and im going to the wilkes show specifically because of what happend in 02. not taking a chance. philly crowds can be ASSHOLES, if there was every going to be an incident with the crowd throwing shit on the stage, its here.

I disagree. I was at the 2002 no show and I was pissed at the time. People grow, they get over things, I did. And the whole "Philly crowds are the worst" is the most overblown, media created illusion there is out there. Much worse happens in other cities every year and barely gets any attention - like people getting killed in parking lots, beat up, etc....if a fan throws a snowball at a Philly event it's all over the nightly news. And I highly doubt fans that are paying $100+ per ticket are going there to get back at Axl....lol.

Gotta love it when you hear more about a snowball thrown at a drunk santa for kicks 50 years ago, over someone killed at a baseball game or fans destroying its own city over a stanley cup loss :rofl-lol: Its like a running joke here in Philly, who will be the next person to say we are assholes. We are like the Axl Rose of all city's apparently lol. I am pretty sure any crowd is gonna be assholes when someone doesn't show up for their own gig/

I am sure there will be people at the show who will be totally blown away at how great Axl and boys are and just won't admit it, or just say well he is fat yadda yadda yadda.

Gotta love it when you hear more about a snowball thrown at a drunk santa for kicks 50 years ago, over someone killed at a baseball game or fans destroying its own city over a stanley cup loss :rofl-lol: Its like a running joke here in Philly, who will be the next person to say we are assholes. We are like the Axl Rose of all city's apparently lol. I am pretty sure any crowd is gonna be assholes when someone doesn't show up for their own gig/

I am sure there will be people at the show who will be totally blown away at how great Axl and boys are and just won't admit it, or just say well he is fat yadda yadda yadda.

Yeah, exactly. Most people would feel perfectly fine going to a show in L.A. (Annual beatings among fans at events, killings, etc.) or a show in Canada (riots at least once a year) than to go to a show in Philly where there have been maybe 5 incidents in the past 50 years, mostly related to booing, snowballs, etc... (And the Philly 2002 no show WAS NOT a riot....there were maybe 10 chairs and a few beers thrown....it was over in 5 minutes and it stayed within the venue...more like a few fans just letting off steam) It's amazing how people just buy into whatever the media feeds them.

Its not an arena at all. Its a performing arts specific ampitheater styke venue in the summer. in the fall, the lawn is closed off (usually) and it holds 7000 people indoors. I guess they're accounting for all the butt-hurt Philly has over the 2002 thing. Uhhh Buckcherry? Considering Josh and Keith were going to be in VR at one point, I'm very surprised Axl would have them open. Never been there before?

I read on this forum a week ago that Buckcherry was opening on Halloween and a few other dates. I live on Long Island so I would usually go to the East Rutherford date but I'm on vacation this weekend in DC so it works out better for me. Thanks for the response, 7,000 sounds like there cant be a bad seat.

I read on this forum a week ago that Buckcherry was opening on Halloween and a few other dates. I live on Long Island so I would usually go to the East Rutherford date but I'm on vacation this weekend in DC so it works out better for me. Thanks for the response, 7,000 sounds like there cant be a bad seat.

Aaah I went to east rutherford in 2006 because there was no philly date . Wasn't saying they aren't opening, but I was surprised. I was also surprised when I saw VR and BC on the same bill in 07(?). No bad seats from what I remember and I was pretty far when I saw Maiden there. The show for Maiden was awful though

philly fans booed a NHL fights cancer add

philly fans booed a NHL fights cancer add

well that's because you "cure" cancer, not "fight". Fighting isn't nice :thumbsup:

I'm going! section 104. Row H. I hope these will be decent seats. Whats this venue like? I've never been.

Also after reading this thread I am scared Axl will not show. But like theres no way he would do that twice right?! I am taking my boyfriend with me and he already hates Axl because he cancelled a show he had tickets for years back so this has to go well!! haha