Will the U.S tour be a farewell tour or be cancelled all together?

Guest Gunns

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl had a bad show, big deal. People are hilarious on these boards.

Do you want us all to applaud? YEAH AWESOME I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE! GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES RULES!!! AXL AND THE BAND CAN DO NO WRONG!

This isn't Here Today, Gone to Hell where if you even mention that a fucking firefly flew by the camera you'll be banned. (Fuck you Jarmo)

Yeah it was a fucked up show, but it makes me and everyone else incredibly wary. If this is what he's going to do on the grandest stage, what's he going to do or rather not do at smaller venues?

Axl has never been consistent live, ever. He has had some terrible shows and some great ones. People saying one show will be the end of the band is retarded. It hasn't even been a few hours since it ended. Just relax.

Axl has never been as inconsistent as tonight where he butchered NR as well as a verse on This I love, Patience and other songs, as well as having a dying voice. It wasn't a regular venue where it could be forgiveable, it was ROCK IN RIO IV, one of the biggest gig ever, and the most important since RIR III for nu Guns. If you're going to let this be a "minor" thing, prepare for grander desillusions in the future. Like Axl Rose aka god said: if axl is going to fuck up like that in the biggest show, what will it be like in the smaller ones?

Guest gunns5

Axl had a bad show, big deal. People are hilarious on these boards.

Do you want us all to applaud? YEAH AWESOME I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE! GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES RULES!!! AXL AND THE BAND CAN DO NO WRONG!

This isn't Here Today, Gone to Hell where if you even mention that a fucking firefly flew by the camera you'll be banned. (Fuck you Jarmo)

Yeah it was a fucked up show, but it makes me and everyone else incredibly wary. If this is what he's going to do on the grandest stage, what's he going to do or rather not do at smaller venues?

Axl has never been consistent live, ever. He has had some terrible shows and some great ones. People saying one show will be the end of the band is retarded. It hasn't even been a few hours since it ended. Just relax.

Axl has never been as inconsistent as tonight where he butchered NR as well as a verse on This I love, Patience and other songs, as well as having a dying voice. It wasn't a regular venue where it could be forgiveable, it was ROCK IN RIO IV, one of the biggest gig ever, and the most important since RIR III for nu Guns. If you're going to let this be a "minor" thing, prepare for grander desillusions in the future. Like Axl Rose aka god said: if axl is going to fuck up like that in the biggest show, what will it be like in the smaller ones?

I feel for the band members most who tried to save the show, but Axl didn't want a bar of it.

Christ's sake get a grip on reality...oh wait a minute I'm on mygnr. Forgot people can't see past the end of their semen stained keyboard.

There have been worst shows than this. It was better than Rio 06 in my opinion. The crowd loved it. Was it perfect? No. Is it the end of gnr? No. Gnr will do as it always does, forget it and move on to the next show.

Guest gunns5

how did the band members try and save the show?

by ignoring hid antics an getting on with the show and forgetting about the fuckups, everyone fucks up but it's how you get past it, is the only thing that matters.

how did the band members try and save the show?

by ignoring hid antics an getting on with the show and forgetting about the fuckups, everyone fucks up but it's how you get past it, is the only thing that matters.

yes, they done that as any musician should. Still doesnt help the show

Christ's sake get a grip on reality...oh wait a minute I'm on mygnr. Forgot people can't see past the end of their semen stained keyboard.

There have been worst shows than this. It was better than Rio 06 in my opinion. The crowd loved it. Was it perfect? No. Is it the end of gnr? No. Gnr will do as it always does, forget it and move on to the next show.

Indeed, Rio 01 was terrible.

The time when some hired Guns are better then the most valuable member of the original lineup is the highest time to big fuckin' end of one of the biggest band of all times.

Like 2001 then? Oh wait...

Jesus, yes it was awful, and yes considering this was the biggest gig they were going to play as a band possibly ever, it was embarrassing. But it was just one fucking gig. Oh but now the press and mainstream fans will have a field day and take the piss. So what? Even if Axl had been on form they'd have called it shit. They've been doing it for years. Just so happens this time around when they write it, they'll be right. He was shit.

But life goes on. We as fans know that the band is better than what they did tonight. Axl's voice will grow better over the tour and things will be alright again. Some people need to chill out.

He should lay of the beer... I don't give a fuck if someone is fat or drunk or what kinda shoes or shirts they wear, but this was the first time Axl looked a bit like Duff circa 93...And I really liked the last nights show, but he looked a bit too drunk... Axl should do what Steven Tyler did in 87, just quit everything...And yeah, I read his book and I know ST hasn't always been on the path since then, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

I think they will play 3 or 4 gigs, then it will be canceled due to very poor ticket sales. I'm almost 100% sure. As many of us have said over and over again, this is just another Chinese Democracy tour with no new songs...

It is now 10 years since Axl started this Chinese Democracy thing, 10 years nad they're still on the same page!!! :rofl-lol:

I think they will play 3 or 4 gigs, then it will be canceled due to very poor ticket sales. I'm almost 100% sure. As many of us have said over and over again, this is just another Chinese Democracy tour with no new songs...

It is now 10 years since Axl started this Chinese Democracy thing, 10 years nad they're still on the same page!!! :rofl-lol:

Until the yes men are removed and people are acting for the good of the collective band and not one mans ego then sadly this legecy is going to shit.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

This is what everyone was saying after Irelend too.

No comparison between a regular show and a supposed milestone shown to millions. The occasion was not overwhelming for various addressable reasons (which can be ratified).

Axl needs to prepare prior to performances (weeks before and right up to the event). Humour can’t transcend into a common component of the gig (it compromised several aspects of the show). There needs to be a set plan pre-performance (otherwise it comes off unprofessional and directionless). Axl needs to give up his ego and spend time with the band both in travel and rehearsals; he was alien to the evident chemistry between the players.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

I'm the biggest Axl and Guns n' roses fan ever. I still love the old band, but I fuckin' love the new band and Chinese democracy. Arrived early at the job today, thinking I'll just have a look at the set-list. I was so surprised and happy to be able to follow almost all of the show. But after a few songs, specially November rain, I was, like, what the fuck is wrong with Axl? He didn't seem to give a fuck about the show most of the time, his voice was mostly shitty, he seemed almost always out of breath. That's a shame, because the band was great (special mentions for DJ, who wrote a great instrumental, and for Bumblefoot who was just awesome). I won't say Guns n' roses is over, not after just one show, specially after the pretty good 2010 tour, but Axl has to work his breath and stuff problems out. Is this the same guy who sang incredibely well at the Rose bar show, in a tiny room? Change the set-list a little, do shorter gigs, do them earlier, and say to Frank to stop drumming to make people sing Guns n' roses, once it's OK, but more is pretty ridiculous, specially when it's done to try to cover Axl's absence. Or cancel everything and work with this great band you have for a new album.

Not that I think they would scrap the tour after 1 lousy performance, but I don't think Axl could scrap it even if he wanted to. Remember, part of the settlement agreement between him & Azoff called for a comprehensive touring agreement. If he cancelled, wouldn't that be a breach of the settlement?

Not that I think they would scrap the tour after 1 lousy performance, but I don't think Axl could scrap it even if he wanted to. Remember, part of the settlement agreement between him & Azoff called for a comprehensive touring agreement. If he cancelled, wouldn't that be a breach of the settlement?

Ticketmaster might end up losing money on the tour if ticket sales are really bad.

Ive been on this forum since 2000. signed up a few times, barely posted, forgotten passwords... usually i just keep updated almost daily and dont like jumping the gun to comment on issues, rather i take in different opinions and try to understand all angles. BUT Im fuknn pissed off. A professional given all this time to prepare for a show. like everyone says the biggest chance to start something fresh and this?!?!! I dont have internet at home, I payed 7bucks for 1 week pass data plan on my iphone for this. i had a college exam at 8 this morning.. And this is what we all got hjahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah holy fuckn mickey mouse garbage shit! No excuse can be given for this, NOTHING. I LOVE AXL BUT HE is in my fuckn DOG house right now.. i have never been so disappointed in my GNR LIFE!