This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

Live stream audio does not make a good performance sound bad, stop reaching.

Watch a fan made video from last night and you will hear the band sounds fine. The stream sucked big time.

So the fan made stream doesn't have him off key,out of breath and basically half assing it?

Better than this: in the fan made stream, Axl doesn't forget the words on November Rain and sings at the end of the song!!! How the fuck didn't the Rio cameras take that??

I wasn't talking about forgetting words. I'm talking about over all sound.

The singing doesn't get out of key because of bad quality. Unless it on a really old tape and not digital.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are stupid, professional athletes have bad performances, as do singers. It's called life, it's called being human. I'd like to see you sing in the rain perfectly. Some people are just retarded.

They are especially prone to bad performances when the entire offense practices the Statue of Liberty play and the quarterback doesn't show up. Game day, he forgets the snapcount, drops the football, and decides to just watch the ball roll away instead of falling on it. As the embarrassed offense walks off the field, the center turns to the QB and says "I haven't seen you in a fuckin' year."

That's what we all just stayed up all night to watch.

Edited by axlslash

I feel really bad for the Brazilians. They stayed up until 5 AM in a torrential downpour to watch him give a completely amateur performance. Such a shame. Never would have expected him to show up to Rio unprepared.

No?

Rock in Rio III, same thing.

He was a hell of a lot more prepared for that show than this one. At least he gave 110% energy even if his voice was a bit off. This time around his voice was off, his energy sucked, and he butchered the lyrics to pretty much every song. At least he nailed Estranged.

I'm all fine with the teleprompter usage, it's needed for some songs, but how the fuck do you jack up November Rain lyrics? It's like he didn't do a damn thing (GnR wise) for past 6-12 mos and just rolled into Rio an hour before show and thought he'd nail it. Put some effort (work out, drop 20lbs, train vocally for a few weeks, rehearse) and it'd do wonders.

Okay, this might be a loaded question, but I just got here and, well, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?? :unsure:

A fat karaoke singer rocked up at Rio and screwed the pooch. What everyone said: he obviously didn't do any preparation at all in any way for the show and just went from his couch to the airport to the stage.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Uh oh. Axl's fat again?

It was an OK show unrepresentative of 2010’s heights. The YouTube videos portray Axl as struggling throughout (largely on account of his own ill-preparation, inclement weather and an incompetent sound guy).

The band was solid. Dj played a neat new solo. Estranged was the noteworthy highlight.

Far greater, and far less publicized shows will happen on the course of the tour.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl should retire. If he can't take the time to get in shape, get his voice ready, and rehearse with his band what is the point? It was an embarrasing performance that reminded me of 2002 MTV awards. He is fat, out of shape, out of tune, and obviously not ready to perfom from a mental aspect. This is the only thing he does!!! Take some pride in himself. I think he thinks he's still in his 20's and he can roll out of bed and just perform. Those days are long gone - he needs to put in work. Better diet, workout regimen, vocal practice, mental prep, etc. Awful. I may not even go in the U.S. as it will tarnish the good memories I have of Axl as a performer.

Axl was slurring like that all night in Rio. That's not a mistake, that's the norm.

Look at Slash: he fucks up, he goes "oops I fucked up," and he FINISHES THE FUCKING SONG. That's how you do this like a pro. Not sit and pout and bitch.

Uh oh. Axl's fat again?

It was an OK show unrepresentative of 2010’s heights. The YouTube videos portray Axl as struggling throughout (largely on account of his own ill-preparation, inclement weather and an incompetent sound guy).

The band was solid. Dj played a neat new solo. Estranged was the noteworthy highlight.

We can all hope that Far greater, and far less publicized shows will happen on the course of the tour.

Fixed

Nobody said mistakes never happened. In your example, Axl's voice was fine. He used to train in this era.

Here, Axl not only didn't train his voice hard enough, he made several mistakes in november rain, patience, TIL, pretty much a little mistake here and there in every song or wrong vocals, and he managed to sulk here and there...

Damn you know what I'm even more disgusted because i've watched Estranged again in HD, and it was fucking brilliant except for Axl voice which sucks ass (bear the beginning which is more or so correct). Damn, imagine if Axl had trained, it would have been incredible.

Axl should retire. If he can't take the time to get in shape, get his voice ready, and rehearse with his band what is the point? It was an embarrasing performance that reminded me of 2002 MTV awards. He is fat, out of shape, out of tune, and obviously not ready to perfom from a mental aspect. This is the only thing he does!!! Take some pride in himself. I think he thinks he's still in his 20's and he can roll out of bed and just perform. Those days are long gone - he needs to put in work. Better diet, workout regimen, vocal practice, mental prep, etc. Awful. I may not even go in the U.S. as it will tarnish the good memories I have of Axl as a performer.

Retire from touring yes. But not from recording. I would like to see him become a studio musician and possibly start pumping out a bunch of material over the next 5ish years. Not going to happen of course, but I wish it would. He wasted 15 prime years with the CD trainwreck. And now he's wasted another 3 by touring and not recording jack squat.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

We can all hope that Far greater, and far less publicized shows will happen on the course of the tour.

Fixed

The weather and sound were, in part, responsible. Axl could have practiced fortnights on end and still gotten hit with such matters (entirely out of his control).

We know Axl drastically improves with the progression of a tour. He approached Rio like Taipei (as merely the beginning rather than a conclusive spectacle).

Retire from touring yes.

The largely mediocre performance on Axl’s part was a result of complacency not ability.

Retirement isn’t a legitimate option for a singer more than capable of delivering classy performances (he hasn’t lost it in a space of a year).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Was I the only one who thought he looked distant from the show? At one point when he struggled during NR, I stopped getting frustrated, and started to get worried for him. I think he was in the worst shape I've ever seen him in including 2009. He might have been fatigued otherwise something was really wrong. Technical troubles don't make you forget twenty year old songs. He nailed Estranged amazingly. Whatever the case I think he needs to cancel the tour, get in shape mentally and physically, and then come back at a later date stronger. I'd rather see him cancel the tour and prepare then go through the tour and struggle. I'm not mad about the performance last night it was free. But man I'm worried for his health and lack of preparation.