This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

From THE ONOIN AV Club:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/axl-rose-rocking-a-new-breaking-badinspired-look,62788/

Axl Rose rocking a new Breaking Bad-inspired look

by Steven Hyden October 4, 2011

Guns N' Roses is touring this fall, playing shows in South America in advance of dates in the U.S. Before you spend your hard-earned cash on one of the upcoming shows, you might want to check out the video below of Axl Rose trying to catch his breath between off-key yelps on "Welcome To The Jungle." Most striking is Axl's outfit, which looks like a leather version of those Breaking Bad yellow meth suits topped with Walter White's "Heisenberg" shades and black hat. Enjoy? [Via Popdust]

This is exactly why we fans were so disappointed/angry with Axl's performance at Rio. All the bad press it will generate will take a full US tour to make up for it. This plus the fact that he apparently didn't go to rehearsals or prepare (didn't sing Estranged in 18 years, out of breath, out of lyrics, out of tune, you name it). While everybody from fans to band knew RIR was THE big promo milestone, it is hard to understand why apparently he did not care that much. That's all I wanted to say about Axl & RIR. Now that I got it off my chest after 3 days, let's look forward and hope for improvement on the upcoming shows. Cheers, and please kick ass GNR!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I feel that we've all been able to express ourselves but this constant "Axl should phone Slash, reunion or retire" bullshit is absolutely not the target of this topic and I can't stop the cupcakes.

I think the message is clear, a lot of you guys have been able to express your disappointment as well as myself, but on the other hand, I feel that enough is enough. I'll ask gunsguy to close this topic, thanks for honest people participation (whether it was to defend the band or blame Axl like I did). Regards to everyone, I will be gone for the next few months as I don't want to get more disappointed from now on and write more negative things, let's just hope at some point Axl gets it back.

Thread op wants this topic closed, seeing as how everything has been said.

If you want to discuss more about Rio use the Rio thread @ http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=175574