This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

I'd rather he spent his time rehearsing with the band and singing with his coach than running on the threadmill and lifting weights.

He clearly doesn't even do that though

LA

He should do all of the above in order to get his shit together, or he should simply give up & retire.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have this fight every first 2-3 shows about axl's voice..

he hasn't sung for a year... let it roll up with time.

the weather conditions were very hard to perform top notch under...

equipment failiure maybe due to the weather conditions made it even harder to perform...

so yeah I can't blame them for putting on a f*cking rock show as they did... and the crowd seems to think the same...

give the band time to perform again @ 100%...

and the hour wait or longer...

get used to it... that's guns n roses time!

equipment failiure maybe due to the weather conditions made it even harder to perform...

so yeah I can't blame them for putting on a f*cking rock show as they did... and the crowd seems to think the same...

give the band time to perform again @ 100%...

and the hour wait or longer...

get used to it... that's guns n roses time!

Excuses,excuses...he must retire, or rejoin the original appetite guys and admit that he was wrong in his new version of GNR.

Not this time. I have never waited as much for a show as I did for this one. I didn't go to sleep. This is the biggest show for nu GNR since RIR III and the biggest show since CD was released and probably their biggest show before a reunion because I don't think they'll be taken as headliners for this festival again given what they gave tonight. This was a show for Axl to prepare like a mad man to make good promotion for his band, CD, and any upcoming album.

He came unprepared. This is just unacceptable. I'm not one who cares about his voice not being totally ready at the beginning of a tour, though he wouldn't have the problem if he rehearsed with his band. However, FORGETTING THE LYRICS TO YOUR OWN SONG isn't related to a "tour start".

I have never waited as much for a show as I did for this one.

That sort of explains why you are so disappointed, haha.

I didn't go to sleep.

Maybe you should sleep a bit before posting more?

This is the biggest show for nu GNR since RIR III and the biggest show since CD was released and probably their biggest show before a reunion

Reunion? Is Bucket coming back??

because I don't think they'll be taken as headliners for this festival again given what they gave tonight.

Perhaps not, but hopefully whoever decides that will not base their decision on one performance ;).

This was a show for Axl to prepare like a mad man to make good promotion for his band, CD, and any upcoming album.

He came unprepared. This is just unacceptable. I'm not one who cares about his voice not being totally ready at the beginning of a tour, though he wouldn't have the problem if he rehearsed with his band. However, FORGETTING THE LYRICS TO YOUR OWN SONG isn't related to a "tour start".

He tends to do that.

Yeah. I could almost care less if he had the Mickey Mouse voice again, the thing that pisses me off is that he is miserably out of shape. Even as the tour wears on and he gets his voice back, he still is not in the kind of shape he needs to be fronting a band like GNR.

I am not starting a who is better argument, but a perfect example is how Myles handles the GNR songs w/ Slash. He has a different voice than Axl, so will never have the growl we all love and it naturally sounds different. However, he absolutely never misses or line because he is sucking wind or gasping for air. Go watch tonight's Rocket Queen vs. one of the Slash ones and you can see what a difference having a singer who is physically fit makes.

Axl's voice could sound like shit, but being in shape would at least allow him to comfortably get through songs and that would make a world of difference. He was missing every other word at points tonight, and that is just amateur hour and totally preventable.

The mickey mouse voice wouldn't be so bad if he didn't compound it with Vince Neil like conditioning levels.

The setlist was more of a letdown for me than Axl's vocals, really. I wanted LALD and Mr. Brownstone to get dropped in favor of, say, Civil War or Coma. And I wanted TWAT, Prostitute IRS, Madagascar, Catcher, ITW, or Shackler's to get a spin. And, bottom line, I wanted (a) NEW SONG(S). But I'm pleased we got Estranged. It almost makes up for the other stuff not happening.

Looks like SunnyDRE is coughing up $50.

Could you give your all when these things occur?

*very bad weather.

*no crew members from gnr/rir to help get rid of most of the water on stage..

*performing 20 songs plus solo's in the pooring rain.

*singing your ass of when all the time you get water over you.

* rocking out like they did for 2.5 hours.

*keep on performing when they know equipment is failing due to the conditions

*when most people who watch online and seen a setlist out of 30 songs and hate you for not playing them when that's not the actual setlist for the gig but just maybe a set of songs they rehearsed for this gig and tour.

*when everyone hates you for not being 100% while you haven't performed in over a year....

*after a car crash and you still feel the pain from it in your back....

They did a very good show even if they made a mistake or 2.

gnr will get better as the tour progresses. they've shown that over the course of years.

and please stop hating the setlist.. we've had that discussion... enjoy the night rock out or don't go and don't go watch it online when all you can do is bitch about one f*cking show and the first on of many to come.... damn...

I can understand that there could be problems with audio, or monitoring etc etc.

But they are professional , and they should put out the best show possible. And most of them did.

Example the Estranged was very very good.

Otherwise the rest of the show was quite disappointing to see. This was a good opportunity , but Axl failed it

Could you give your all when these things occur?

*very bad weather.

*no crew members from gnr/rir to help get rid of most of the water on stage..

*performing 20 songs plus solo's in the pooring rain.

*singing your ass of when all the time you get water over you.

* rocking out like they did for 2.5 hours.

*keep on performing when they know equipment is failing due to the conditions

*when most people who watch online and seen a setlist out of 30 songs and hate you for not playing them when that's not the actual setlist for the gig but just maybe a set of songs they rehearsed for this gig and tour.

*when everyone hates you for not being 100% while you haven't performed in over a year....

*after a car crash and you still feel the pain from it in your back....

They did a very good show even if they made a mistake or 2.

gnr will get better as the tour progresses. they've shown that over the course of years.

and please stop hating the setlist.. we've had that discussion... enjoy the night rock out or don't go and don't go watch it online when all you can do is bitch about one f*cking show and the first on of many to come.... damn...

Don't take the fucking gig then, yeah they couldn't control weather but so much of what could be controlled wasn't.Make all the excuses you like,that was a disgrace to the GnR name.

The funny thing the so-called general public won't get it right even in this instance. Check out some of the comments from GnR Facebook.

"Joseph H Rosenberg Very good show showed that the thing that matters most is the vocalist not the other person in the band"

"Marcus Johnson Just imagine how much tweets you would've got if the talent, you know, Slash and Duff, were still in the band. Guns N Roses should change their name to "Axl Rose Is Too Big A Asshat to Apologize to Slash So the Fans Have to Suffer Through Songs Like 'Better'"."

People who actually attended the show seem quite happy though, surprisingly. Perhaps some of the sound fuck ups were due to the broadcast.

The setlist was more of a letdown for me than Axl's vocals, really. I wanted LALD and Mr. Brownstone to get dropped in favor of, say, Civil War or Coma. And I wanted TWAT, Prostitute IRS, Madagascar, Catcher, ITW, or Shackler's to get a spin. And, bottom line, I wanted (a) NEW SONG(S). But I'm pleased we got Estranged. It almost makes up for the other stuff not happening.

Looks like SunnyDRE is coughing up $50.

+1

Just got home from the concert. I'll honestly say most of the people around me near the stage enjoyed the concert. That still doesn't take away the true facts that have been posted here before. I really did not notice Axl's poor voice in WTTJ, and I actually thought he nailed Estranged, This I Love and KOHD.... He REALLY messed up November Rain though.... I felt like DJ was pissed as fuck during the concert, and I mean REALLY pissed. Tommy was also in a bad mood, Axl was more concerned about his personal affairs than to his 'job', Bumblefoot and Fortus were perfect, expect for that let down on WTTJ and Nightrain by Bumblefoot. Frank messed up the intro to You Could Be Mine.

The most important negative factors NO DOUBTS, and this is by someone who was there and saw people commenting, were:

1- RAIN... HELL THAT RAIN WAS COLD AS FUCK, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!! I WAS SHIVERING, DEFINITELY WILL GET A COLD...

2- TIRESOME AS FUCK.... SOAD, EVANESCENCE, PITTY and DETONAUTAS+ WAITING FOR AXL + RAIN, IT'S JUST TOO MUCH, PEOPLE WERE LEAVING BEFORE GnR EVEN STARTED, A LOT OF PEOPLE.

3- THE SETLIST THAT WAS SHOWN ON FACEBOOK PUT OUR HOPES SO FUCKING HIGH UP IT WAS IN IMMENSE LET DOWN..

Only in the world of GnR people would stay up all night to trash Axl after a show...

As said before I think the only people who have a right to complain about a show are those who have been there and paid money to see it....

it was broadcasted on Internet, I did not sleep to see it, so I assume I was part of the audience. Thus I can give my thoughts about the performance. If it was great I would also say it.

Ok for any other show, that's dumb to complain about the setlist for instance whereas you do not attend the show. But this time it was broadcasted, it was part of the game.

All of you idiots criticizing the band are pathetic. Who the hell do you think you are to judge this band? Can you whiners play better than Richard or Dj or Frank? Or sing better than Axl? Are you people perfect or what? I would like to see you bitches stand in front of thousands of people and crap your pants while trying to sing November Rain. Nobody gives a fuck about your negative opinions. Go out and get a life and let the rest of us enjoy the fact that this band played a fantastic show and kicked ass while at it. Where they perfect? No. But I'm not either, so I won't complain. I'm just happy I was able to see a Guns N' Roses concert again and the fact the they played Estranged again is a historical GNR moment, and that's my highlight of the show. Blah blah blah Axl blah blah the lyrics blah blah I'm disappointing blah blah Richard blah.... Too bad, go cry somewhere else. Nobody cares about you.

You seem to care a lot, you almost seem angry.

All of you idiots criticizing the band are pathetic. Who the hell do you think you are to judge this band? Can you whiners play better than Richard or Dj or Frank? Or sing better than Axl? Are you people perfect or what? I would like to see you bitches stand in front of thousands of people and crap your pants while trying to sing November Rain. Nobody gives a fuck about your negative opinions. Go out and get a life and let the rest of us enjoy the fact that this band played a fantastic show and kicked ass while at it. Where they perfect? No. But I'm not either, so I won't complain. I'm just happy I was able to see a Guns N' Roses concert again and the fact the they played Estranged again is a historical GNR moment, and that's my highlight of the show. Blah blah blah Axl blah blah the lyrics blah blah I'm disappointing blah blah Richard blah.... Too bad, go cry somewhere else. Nobody cares about you.

Unbeleivable. Because you have your opinion, no-one else is entitled to one?

Axl was on fire when I say him in Belgium and the Netherlands last year. This performance however, in my opinion, was awful.

Edited by The Black

what a dork....by the way, how old are you?

I´m surprised with your reaction. The show was really cool ( and wet...) ! People loved it here. There were mistakes, but it´s GN´R. The Tokyo 1991 had a lot of mistakes and it was never edited. AXL´s voice on that show is much worst than RiR, Estranged was played with a lot of mistakes (Matt and Duff even laugh about it if you pay atention because Axl starts to sing whenever he wants on the last part of the music), but we never give a fuck about it. Slash used to do a lot of mistakes also. It´s rock and roll... Very few bands in the world could have closed RiR with 100,000 in the rain until 5:00 AM. I think you avaliation is to severe and may be one of the reasons GN´R don´t play too much in US. My opinion.....

I´m surprised with your reaction. The show was really cool ( and wet...) ! People loved it here. There were mistakes, but it´s GN´R. The Tokyo 1991 had a lot of mistakes and it was never edited. AXL´s voice on that show is much worst than RiR, Estranged was played with a lot of mistakes (Matt and Duff even laugh about it if you pay atention because Axl starts to sing whenever he wants on the last part of the music), but we never give a fuck about it. Slash used to do a lot of mistakes also. It´s rock and roll... Very few bands in the world could have closed RiR with 100,000 in the rain until 5:00 AM. I think you avaliation is to severe and may be one of the reasons GN´R don´t play too much in US. My opinion.....

Great to hear you enjoyed it!

So the people were happy with the concert? How did the band sound compared to SOAD and Evanescence?