Estranged, thoughts.....

bloodyhell1

Rio 2011 - Estranged - YouTube

Just checked this out, ans some have reported here that's its as good as the show got. Hmmm..

Axl Rose sound not so great.

BF does a good cover of Slash's work. Slash will never be replaced.

For sound reason, Dj Ash was required to cover the crazy bit towards the end. Again, good effort, but no replacement for Slash.

Drumming was ok, then again drumming always is. He add's alot of 'ting ting' halfway through ?

Dizzy Reed was the star of the song :thumbsup:

..time to check out some of the other songs :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were all excited to hear it after all of these years and I think that is why many of us were "blown away". But the fact of the matter is that it was a very mediocre performance. The band was not good, They butchered Slash's guitar masterpiece. Axl's voice was atrocious in the 2nd part of the song. I wish they would have left that song retired.

I decided to use both performances of the song at Rock in Rio as a comparison.

Here is Rock in Rio 1991:

Here is Rock in rio 2011:

How in the hell can someone who is not deaf say that "Estranged has never sounded better"? BE HONEST PLEASE.

I love the way Axl delivered the vocals last night on Estranged. He did have some issues on several other songs, but I'll accept no whining about this one. The whole band killed, and they knocked it out of the park.

Edited by axlsalinger

I really didn't believe it when I heard (read, actually) the commotion. And to this moment... it's 8:15 pm, CET and I'm listening to a video I stumbled upon while looking for the rehearsal clip on Youtube.

My heart is feeling heavy.

Edited by cold_as_ice

Estranged sounded good. The band nailed it, and Axl will as soon as he is a bit further down the road in this upcoming tour (soon as his voice will). I loved Dj's guitar sound in this version, Bumble's guitar sound a bit too artificial? Bumbled nailed all the technical parts PERFECT, love him, he's a genius.

Edited by Roy79

We were all excited to hear it after all of these years and I think that is why many of us were "blown away". But the fact of the matter is that it was a very mediocre performance. The band was not good, They butchered Slash's guitar masterpiece. Axl's voice was atrocious in the 2nd part of the song. I wish they would have left that song retired.

How in the hell can someone who is not deaf say that "Estranged has never sounded better"? BE HONEST PLEASE.

Just look at Axl/the BAND back then (1991 version). This was the pinnacle and we didn't even know it...we thought we had years & years of dominance ahead. Dude was a 'rock star' in every sense. Now he's 75lbs heavier with 3 chins and sounds like crap with a karaoke band. WTF

Edited by Snowmass

Just look at Axl/the BAND back then (1991 version). This was the pinnacle and we didn't even know it...we thought we had years & years of dominance ahead. Dude was a 'rock star' in every sense. Now he's 75lbs heavier with 3 chins and sounds like crap with a karaoke band. WTF

I truly cannot understand the weight gain. And age these days is really no excuse especially when you are rich. I have friends who are in there fifties who look as lean and healthy as they ever had. We know so much about proper diet, exercise strategies, ect...In 2006 he looked almost exactly like he did in the early 90s with the exception of the braids. And then he comes back in 2009 about 20lbs heavier. With the whole year to prepare for this show I don't understand how you don't hit the stage in the best shape possible. I was honestly expecting him to come out looking like he did in Vegas in December 2001 accept with his voice at the peak of 2010 shape.

I thought Axl and the band hit a home run with this performance.

Of course the slash fan boys will never admit that anything the new band does as being good. Oh well.

The band was fantastic last night. Axl was great on a few select songs like Estranged, but for the most part his vocal performance and weird antics is what derailed the show IMO

Whatever... those fanboys are the same that think that Slash wrote Sweet Child. I bet when they were watching Bumblefoot nailing every note of the song with a fkn' amazing tone they were like "man... that dude sure can play! He's doing as good as... wait, there's the solo... wow, he played it much better than we've ever heard... fuck that, he will never replace Slash". The obvious fact is out there... some people chose not to admit, but they don't matter anyway. Here's for those (the same guys? I think so) that said "Fuck you Ron for saing fuck Estranged" when Ron made those jokes about Estranged...

#FUCKESTRANGED ! ! Nahhh, just kidding. SO happy to play that song for you all (while pretending I hated it for the last few months, haha!)

In your faces. Thank you for being assholes and looking very stupid right now.

Whatever... those fanboys are the same that think that Slash wrote Sweet Child. I bet when they were watching Bumblefoot nailing every note of the song with a fkn' amazing tone they were like "man... that dude sure can play! He's doing as good as... wait, there's the solo... wow, he played it much better than we've ever heard... fuck that, he will never replace Slash". The obvious fact is out there... some people chose not to admit, but they don't matter anyway. Here's for those (the same guys? I think so) that said "Fuck you Ron for saing fuck Estranged" when Ron made those jokes about Estranged...

#FUCKESTRANGED ! ! Nahhh, just kidding. SO happy to play that song for you all (while pretending I hated it for the last few months, haha!)

bbf is a good guitarist. there's no denying that.

the band sounded good as a whole. the singer did not.

and speaking of "being an asshole and looking very stupid right now"....

Edited by Sonny Largo

Dude BBF's tone is fuckin amazing! Saul has nothing on him!

The haters quickly had to put a plan together...so they decided to attack Axl and the band even though they performed a great set in shit conditions.

Bumblefoot was AWESOME, NEAR PERFECT on that song... really... I don't wanna be an asshole but his performance was much above classic GnR's average. Excluding Axl's vocals, which wasn't as bad on this song, it was an above average performance comparing to classic GnR. And it's their first time. Bumblefoot rocks.

The fact that this thread was started about a song that was written, put in an album, and performed by members of the original band says it all. The "Saul" haters keep going because that is all you got. You do not have any new music, Axl God Bless him is disaster in a yellow coat, and his band cannot get by in a concert without playing the music from original members like "Saul"! And the sad part is that some of that music was the hi light of the concert.

All the "Saul" haters complain when a Slashite says something in this forum remember that you started this one!

Slash, thanks for the killer guitar melodies. - Axl Rose

Has anyone denied Slash made the killer guitar melodies? Ummm... No. :shrugs:

Does Myles Kennedy, Scott Weiland or Fergie change the killer lyrics Axl made? Ummm... No. :shrugs:

Does that take any credit away from Bumblefoot's awesome performance? Ummm... No. :shrugs:

What's your point?

Estranged was definitely a good performance considering Axl's voice was not at it's best and also considering it was the first time the "band" played it live.

Stop being haters and appreciate this performance as it's worth. :shrugs: