Estranged 2011 Chinese Democracy Tour

ITW 2012

I think this is the perfect way to chart the tour. Unless they start playing CD II material, this is the song that I'm going to hear. It just so happens to be my favorite GNR song, too. Which show do you think Axl will finally say the words we've all been longing to hear: "And on the keyboards, Mr. Dizzy Reed?"

Rio

Chile

Edited by ITW 2012

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who was worried the new band couldn't play estranged... well... these guys play the shit out of it! So happy to hear and see gnr reclaiming this one!

Slash's contributions can never be ignored but no one in good spirit can say these guys don't do it justice

Guest gunns5

Fuck, that chile version blows rio out the water!

Everything about Chile blew Rio out of the water, its great seeing the band interact more +better setlist + axls voice, no negatives in comparison

Nice thread. I think Estranged needs more love from us. We were praying for they to play this song since 2001. Now they are doing it.

More love? We've been loving Estranged since September 1991. Okay fine, Axl's songs are his children, but it's been a long time. He didn't show his kids for like 15 years. At some point you have to let them go off to college and let people see them. Where's Chinese Democracy 2?

Just be happy to just have the chance to see Axl's band tour once again. I am. Stop thinking about Axl's music project as a band and especially as a 'normal' band.

"Guns n'Roses" is his child and we must endulge it in order to have the privilege to witness his genious and (mostly) staggering live performances.

Chile's Estranged was a very solid performance and I'm sure the best Estranged (2011 rendition) is yet to come.

I think Axl sounds perfect on Estranged. I want to hear it with his raspy voice tho.

Oh and the band nails it, sorry Saul fans who said that they couldn't pull it off because the old band couldn't do it.

They are doing it.

xoxo

This one is awesome too btw:

Edited by UcudBmineCD

What I love about this band is that they take the old songs and remove the cheeze and outdated sounds/vibe to them.

Most of the old songs by today's standard and style, sound cheap, but the band has *modernized* them.

Frank's drumming definitely makes a huge improvement over Matt's and Steven. He's got more groove and style.

So here, Estranged-2011 sounds much better than on the album and how it was played live in the past!