Estranged 2011 Chinese Democracy Tour

ITW 2012

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if he doesn't sing the song at all or if he doesn't sing any song at all these days then what would this forum be? Would it even exist, or would we post random old youtube vids from Tulsa,Oklahoma '92 and talk about how great it was? Singing the songs the way he does now doesn't take anything away to how he did it before, they'll always be there to listen to and enjoy. I don't know about you but I personally would rather hear the songs live sung like this then not sung at all.

The vocals seem to be improving slightly, aside from that, and it pains me to say it, the vocals coming out if this tour are the worst I've ever heard. Estranged in the first couple of shows sounded absolutely horrendous, this latest one doesn't sound that much better, he's not even attempting to hold long notes. I'm astounded and saddened by this sudden loss of voice considering how fantastic he sounded in Canada, Europe, Asia and South America first time round, it couldn't have happened at a worse time either. I don't think word of mouth will pack out these shows (would love to be wrong). This band can't play Estranged right (yet). Dizzy must be wondering how things could have got so bad. I have said in the past that they should have left this song alone, they can't do it justice. Tokyo '92 was magical, this isn't.

It's better than 02. Easily.

The current versions of Estranged kills the fuck out of any performance from 91-93.

Just fucking hear the band for crying out loud....stop trolling.

I personally prefer a few select versions from the "old" era over the recent performances but they still sound decent and I'm glad they are playing it in the first place

You ever think we just got caught up in how cool Axl was back in the day? I mean, that old clip wasn't that great. His voice in the 2nd half sounded like velcro being pulled apart.

I don't like the recent clips where his voice seems weak, but for the most part, he's singing the shit outta these song for a 50 year old guy.

The current versions of Estranged kills the fuck out of any performance from 91-93.

Just fucking hear the band for crying out loud....stop trolling.

I personally prefer a few select versions from the "old" era over the recent performances but they still sound decent and I'm glad they are playing it in the first place

It is a GNR songs so obviously I like it a lot...but I'd rather have OMG, Shackler's, OTGM, IRS, Think About instead.

Yeah I would love to see OMG and Shacklers back in the set too

And I agree with that. It's just the other guy who said that the guitars were "awful" and then this clip was posted.

GnR had an edge that NuGnR will never ever have, simply because the musicians haven't been through what the original band has been through and which inspired the songs and the way they were played...but how can anyone say that the guitar playing is "awful" really...

If the band wasn't called GnR and if someone posted an audio clip of this recording on Youtube, would most people say "Woooaah HORRIBLE cover, awful guitar playing, this is SHIT !" ? Of course not...

NuGnR will never really be GnR, at least not in a way that would be acceptable to some of the fans of the original band, but they clearly aren't lousy musicians. :confused:

Can't argue with any of that. The band played brilliantly it's just that Axl's voice was clearly better and more powerful in the original 91-93 clip. That's really the issue with a lot of the shows now. The band has some of the best players in the world but if Axl has an off day it makes no difference.

Miami

I love the part at 4:02. Ron hits it perfectly. Slash never really hit that right live. The colors on the stage during that performance is mind blowing. Simply the best Estranged has ever sounded.

i could do without the "waba daba dop dong"

Axl's definitely a lot stronger on the latter half of the song than he has been. Still not much in the way of rasp, but the melody's spot on with a decent clean voice. Also, it seems to be a common theme with pretty much all of these videos that absolutely no-one turns their camera to Ron when he's doing the last solo. Bit rude.

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton:

http://youtu.be/ATg8KoehaDk

Sorry, don't know how to embed the video into the post. Tried searching how to do this on this site but found nothing to help.

Anyway, enjoy.

Cheers,

Andrew

Done! For future reference, use this: [ media ] paste link here [ /media ] without the spaces and it should work fine. When making a post, there is also an option at the top the same way you can add pictures. Just click the little TV screen icon near where you change the font size and paste the link and it does it for you. :)

ESTRANGED - Hamilton 28/11/11

Thanks for the video! Great sound quality. It's nice to have so many videos from Hamilton this time around.

Done! For future reference, use this: [ media ] paste link here [ /media ] without the spaces and it should work fine. When making a post, there is also an option at the top the same way you can add pictures. Just click the little TV screen icon near where you change the font size and paste the link and it does it for you. :)

ESTRANGED - Hamilton 28/11/11

Thanks for the video! Great sound quality. It's nice to have so many videos from Hamilton this time around.

Thanks, i tried those and it didn't seem to work for me; perhaps it was my address link that was wrong. Anyway, appreciate it and glad you liked it.

Cheers,

Andrew