GN'R comment on late starts etc

gunsguy

Basically it means all that matters to Axl is himself. Not You, Not Your job, Not your school or the things you 'Nomally' do.

THanks Axl. We get it.

This is rock n roll.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Yeah, real Rock N' Roll to release one album in 18 years. Real Rock N' Roll when 7/8ths of the band are on a salary. Real rock n' roll when a band signs an exclusive distribution deal with a major shopping chain. There is no consistency. Axl goes on whenever he wants, that is fine. But to say "this is rock n' roll' is wrong and inconsistent.

= RN'R :thumbsup:

Edited by gunsguy

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically it means all that matters to Axl is himself. Not You, Not Your job, Not your school or the things you 'Nomally' do.

THanks Axl. We get it.

This is rock n roll.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Yeah, real Rock N' Roll to release one album in 18 years. Real Rock N' Roll when 7/8ths of the band are on a salary. Real rock n' roll when a band signs an exclusive distribution deal with a major shopping chain. There is no consistency. Axl goes on whenever he wants, that is fine. But to say "this is rock n' roll' is wrong and inconsistent.

= RN'R :thumbsup:

Lol nice on GG. In all seriousness though, it's hard to take that "this is rock n' roll" thing seriously when most of what the band has done is totally not rock n' roll... I just gave 3 examples...

Lol nice on GG. In all seriousness though, it's hard to take that "this is rock n' roll" thing seriously when most of what the band has done is totally not rock n' roll... I just gave 3 examples...

You're dead on. Saying it's rock and roll and that it's just the way Axl operates are excuses and cop outs.

Why am I seeing George Clooney's The Ides Of March tomorrow and I haven't heard GNR's song The Ides Of March? Where is The Ides of March song? It should be played at the next concert for the sake of George Clooney. The poor guy can't even get Axl's attention to hear a song unless he directs and stars in a movie with the title of a GNR song. This has gotten too ridiculous. Where is Soul Monster? Where is Thyme? Where is The Ides of March?

'This is Guns N'Roses Axl & Co. and when the time is right the stage will ignite..'

The whole statement sounds gay.

The stage didn't exactly ignite at this years Rio 2011

If you play the Reading festival and attempt to break th curfew, they will pull the plug.

Edited by star

THanks Axl. We get it.

Wow. Are you really that much of a lame-assed square? Are you really that ignorant of ALL THE OTHER ROCK N ROLL BANDS THAT PLAY INTO THE WEE HOURS OF THE NIGHT?

This is rock n roll. Going to a Guns' show is an experience; a unique happening. If you're not smart enough to ask for the next day off, use a sick day, or prepare a good bullshit excuse for being late, then that's your own fault, not Axl's.

Quit exaggerating it. If you're going to a rock n roll concert, the difference between it getting over at 2am or 4am means jack shit.

You wouldn't happen to be a hypochondriac, would you? Just wondering.

Problem is, most "rock and roll" shows are over around midnight. That doesn't make anyone a lame-assed square. A lot of shows have doors at 7, opener at 8, main act around 9-9:30. Even with a 2 and a half hour show, that puts it over at midnight or a little after. That's reasonable, and that's how most shows are done. People complain having to sit around for multiple hours for NO reason. It's bullshit.

And even if the show times are an hour later, that's still 1am. I think a lot of the negative reviews come from the band coming on hours late, then having those bullshit "solo" sections in the set. You know what happened when I went to a show and the opener was late? The main act cut the opening band's set and still went on at the right time. They didn't take shit for people being disrespectful and delaying stuff. So the numerous amount of excuses people make up for this band coming on late and such is ridiculous. "they do it cause they can and the are guns and fucking roses man" Really? If they keep their shit up, their appeal will become less and less and that's life. "Technical difficulties or Axl mic malfunction" Really? these people are professionals and solutions happen fast. Don't buy into the bullshit people. Every show I've ever been to was almost on time, even at the last festival I was at.

I personally think Axl likes being Axl. He likes people hating on the band for fair reasons. He likes feeling like he is an underdog, yet still acts like it's 1991 and does whatever he wants despite his lack of star power that he hasn't had in 20 years. If he wanted to succeed and be the best band they could be, he'd run shit right and show he's not a douche like most people see him as. I don't blame people for disliking him. He doesn't do much to get praise.

And I think you're a pussy for whining about it. If you can't handle a late show, don't go. Don't expect me to believe that you are too stupid to realize that it will be a late night if you man up and go. But you really shouldn't go because it would spare these forums of hearing you snivel about it when you missed your bed time.

It doesn't matter if It's 1985 or 2011, if I go to a guns show, the party will last all night no matter when they get off the stage.

So, kindly go fuck yourself, and take your whiney bitch ass somewhere safe where you can be in bed by 11.

Why am I seeing George Clooney's The Ides Of March tomorrow and I haven't heard GNR's song The Ides Of March? Where is The Ides of March song? It should be played at the next concert for the sake of George Clooney. The poor guy can't even get Axl's attention to hear a song unless he directs and stars in a movie with the title of a GNR song. This has gotten too ridiculous. Where is Soul Monster? Where is Thyme? Where is The Ides of March?

Trolly McGee.

'This is Guns N'Roses Axl & Co. and when the time is right the stage will ignite..'

It's pretty hard to ignite something that's waterlogged.

On a side-note, the 'F-R-I-E-N-D-S' reference struck me as kind of bizarre...didn't that show finish like, 8 years ago?

I still think they should sell an Axl app with a 10 minute warning: an Appetite

If they're gonna have a 10 minute warning, why not just announce it in the venue over the PA.

Edited by tomfriend

Guns N' Roses

Love it Hate it Accept it Debate it - You want 8 o'clock shows go find F-R-I-E-N-D-S or hit a cinema somewhere.. or you wanna be informed go catch the 10 o'clock news.. this is Rock N' Roll! Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you "normally" do the next day. Oh and remember before you get high and never want to come down. "you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me!" This is Guns N'Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite. Looking forward to sharing that with rockers soon!

19 minutes ago via facebook

this is cheap propaganda

people weren't really complaining about late starts... they've been complaining about axl's voice which sounds like shit..

and also about the band amateurism, lack of preparation and lack of respect (bumblefoot fucking up the wttj solo..)

by the way, it takes more than late starts to be "rock'n'roll"..

axl so far has failed in delivering the goods

Edited by Coltrane

If you play the Reading festival and attempt to break th curfew, they will pull the plug.

And your dumb ass is hardly worth a comment. Were you at Rio? No moron, you weren't. You can take your constant bitching and shove it up your ass. You are the most pathetic attempt at a cupcake I have ever seen, because it's the same stupid shit all the time. Everyone knows you don't like the band, that's fine. Grow up, get a life and take your stupid ass where someone actually cares about your bullshit. Dipshit.

When all's said and done, regardless of whether the statement is phrased in a lame way or not, this is just a reminder that GNR aim for their gigs to be an all night party, and if you're planning on going to an all night party it's probably best to not have too many plans for the next day.

Trolly McGee.

Yeah right Packer! Me and George Clooney are the only GNR fans on here who actually want to hear the GNR song The Ides of March. Everyone else are paid employees. Paid to say nice things. Paid to not want new songs. Paid to not ask where Soul Monster is? Where is Soul Monster by the way? Where is Thyme? Where is The Ides of March?

Trolly McGee.

Yeah right Packer! Me and George Clooney are the only GNR fans on here who actually want to hear the GNR song The Ides of March. Everyone else are paid employees. Paid to say nice things. Paid to not want new songs. Paid to not ask where Soul Monster is? Where is Soul Monster by the way? Where is Thyme? Where is The Ides of March?

Slash is hoarding them up Axl's ass. That's right, blame Slash.

Trolly McGee.

ummm... what?

Guest gunns5

I think everyone knows about the late starts, so voicing this issue is obvious ,

wheres the news on the upcoming release/es , wheres some new songs, who cares why Axls late at concerts, just release some new material or videos or ready, or at the very least let your fans know what the upcoming plans are or give us some crumbs or something, none of this so called 'alert' about something we've known since GnR started 20+years ago boring!

Guest gunns5

Holy shit, I was looking at some of the comments about this very 'late start' post on facebook

and overwhelmingly, there are a lot of people voicing their hate and frustrations at GnR

#

Andrew Hopkins U got the name Axl, but it ain't G'N'R any more. That's why I use bittorrent. I refuse to pay for your music. You don't get a cent from me, you pretentious wanker

52 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

#

Ade Iskandar TOP

52 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

#

Terry Irvine

axl is an absolute cunt o hell and the people around him are all too afraid to loose money if these shows dont go ahead, so they walk on eggshells around him, so he thinks what he is doing is acceptable. Not even his bandmates will stand up... to him because they are not his friends, rather hired "guns" who are running the risk of getting fired if they say anything against axl's behaviour. Fuck this tyranical dictatorship...UNLIKE!See More

52 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 2 peopleLoading...

#

Andrew Hopkins Change your name to ASSHOLE ROSE, that makes more sense

51 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

#

Tommy Dewayne Isaacs AXL ROSE AND GNR DO WHAT AXL ROSE AND GNR WANT TO DO WHEN THEY WANT TO DO IT!!! SEE ME HIT YOU/YOU FALL DOWN/ I sEE YOU STANDING THERE/ YOU THINK YOUR SOOO COOL/ Y DONT U JUST FUCK OFF!!!

Still afraid of plastic bottles Axl? When you coming back to Dublin ya feckin eejit? You'd want ta get your head out of your arse and fucking start to respect those that put green in your bank machine and stop being such a prick sulking at ...the side of the stage like a two year old that didn't get his way. Sad to say it but I was a hardcore G'N'R fan but after that, I wouldn't go to another one of your shows if ya paid me. I can just about tolerate off key singing and running to the oxygen mask in between songs but really? You couldn't be arsed to turn up on time (even allowing for a half hour grace period)? You're an eejit and always will be. Good luck to ya! Last album sucked btw!

theres plenty more their too, I don't think the band should of commented on this, its kinda rubbing salt into the wounds.

Edited by gunns5

Holy shit, I was looking at some of the comments about this very 'late start' post on facebook

and overwhelmingly, there are a lot of people voicing their hate and frustrations at GnR

#

Andrew Hopkins U got the name Axl, but it ain't G'N'R any more. That's why I use bittorrent. I refuse to pay for your music. You don't get a cent from me, you pretentious wanker

#

Ade Iskandar TOP

#

Terry Irvine

axl is an absolute cunt o hell and the people around him are all too afraid to loose money if these shows dont go ahead, so they walk on eggshells around him, so he thinks what he is doing is acceptable. Not even his bandmates will stand up... to him because they are not his friends, rather hired "guns" who are running the risk of getting fired if they say anything against axl's behaviour. Fuck this tyranical dictatorship...UNLIKE!See More

#

#

Tommy Dewayne Isaacs AXL ROSE AND GNR DO WHAT AXL ROSE AND GNR WANT TO DO WHEN THEY WANT TO DO IT!!! SEE ME HIT YOU/YOU FALL DOWN/ I sEE YOU STANDING THERE/ YOU THINK YOUR SOOO COOL/ Y DONT U JUST FUCK OFF!!!

Still afraid of plastic bottles Axl? When you coming back to Dublin ya feckin eejit? You'd want ta get your head out of your arse and fucking start to respect those that put green in your bank machine and stop being such a prick sulking at ...the side of the stage like a two year old that didn't get his way. Sad to say it but I was a hardcore G'N'R fan but after that, I wouldn't go to another one of your shows if ya paid me. I can just about tolerate off key singing and running to the oxygen mask in between songs but really? You couldn't be arsed to turn up on time (even allowing for a half hour grace period)? You're an eejit and always will be. Good luck to ya! Last album sucked btw!

theres plenty more their too, I don't think the band should of commented on this, its kinda rubbing salt into the wounds.

Really? Facebook. Maybe you should just retire from being a GnR fan. You seem to whine a lot. Clearly the band doesn't meet your standards for excellence in the field of excellence. Axl will be just fine without you. I know: it hurts doesn't it?

I bet you're going to go rub one out now that you posted that. Congratulations, a big accomplishment! Go brag on some other gnr messageboard now.

Guest gunns5

#

#

Ade Iskandar TOP

#

Terry Irvine

#

#

Really? Facebook. Maybe you should just retire from being a GnR fan. You seem to whine a lot. Clearly the band doesn't meet your standards for excellence in the field of excellence. Axl will be just fine without you. I know: it hurts doesn't it?

I bet you're going to go rub one out now that you posted that. Congratulations, a big accomplishment! Go brag on some other gnr messageboard now.

Yeah shoot the messenger , all I did was copy and past the latest replies to GnR's post. I didn't have to cycle through the posts to find it, all im saying is GnR should let sleeping dogs lie about the late issue , cause its never going to change and no where in that post did they say it was. So talking about an issue without even fixing it kinda makes the whole thing obsolete.

But hey, I must be a hater considering I flew interstate and spent over a few grand each time in seeing them over 4 times at both tours , all iin different states and meeting the band personally yeah?

that would fit in with your own fucked up rationale of thinking, so ill let you live in your warped sense of reality.

Edited by gunns5

Yeah shoot the messenger , all I did was copy and past the latest replies to GnR's post. I didn't have to cycle through the posts to find it, all im saying is GnR should let sleeping dogs lie about the late issue , cause its never going to change and no where in that post did they say it was. So talking about an issue without even fixing it kinda makes the whole thing obsolete.

But hey, I must be a hater considering I flew interstate and spent over a few grand each time in seeing them over 4 times at both tours , all iin different states and meeting the band personally yeah?

that would fit in with your own fucked up rationale of thinking, so ill let you live in your warped sense of reality.

Oh please. You're one of the biggest fucking whiners around here. Go ahead, dare me. Dare me to sift through your posting history. Oh whoops did you know people can do that? Yeah that little gear in the upper right hand corner. I can see ALL of your negative bullshit and bitching & moaning. You are certainly quite the malcontent. So spare me all the "i'm a real fan" schpeel. You took delight in reposting the negative comments. How do I know? Because I read through your posting history. Whoops! lmao

OHHHHH I SEEE! You spend lots of money, so that gives you carte blanche to complain incessantly! Well by all means! Be sure to go to your other gnr forum and brag though. That's always cute.

Guest gunns5

Oh please. You're one of the biggest fucking whiners around here. Go ahead, dare me. Dare me to sift through your posting history. Oh whoops did you know people can do that? Yeah that little gear in the upper right hand corner. I can see ALL of your negative bullshit and bitching & moaning. You are certainly quite the malcontent. So spare me all the "i'm a real fan" schpeel. You took delight in reposting the negative comments. How do I know? Because I read through your posting history. Whoops! lmao

OHHHHH I SEEE! You spend lots of money, so that gives you carte blanche to complain incessantly! Well by all means! Be sure to go to your other gnr forum and brag though. That's always cute.

The only one here doing all the whining is you, quiet a few people posted their distaste on facebook for the gnr comment as did some in this very thread, (hell even a few band members have taken small digs about the late starts and Axl, hmm they must be haters and whiners too ?? LOL)

god forbid anyone ever disagrees with something GnR do or say , we will have this poptart riding our backs trying to be the mygnrjarmo.

Edited by gunns5

Personally I think anytime before 12am is alright, anything beyond that is a bit of a joke.

I think a lot more people would be satisfied if they said what time they're going to start (whatever time that is), and start close to that time.

Personally I think anytime before 12am is alright, anything beyond that is a bit of a joke.

I think a lot more people would be satisfied if they said what time they're going to start (whatever time that is), and start close to that time.

Yeah that would be perfect. I mean why should a concert start at 8PM, let the support begin later and print the time closer to real start on the tickets.

I don't mind some waiting but sometimes it can be just extremely exhausting with nothing to drink etc. Still, I don't get the whiners complaining they won't be able to sleep well before work next day. Well boo-fucking-hoo, the delay is a given with Axl so you signed up for it.

The statement is cringeworthy, however.

Edited by zbyram