No more Axl Rose in Rock in Rio, says Medina

Gallagher Rose

Roberto Medina, the man who control the Rock in Rio festival talks about Axl during an interview for today's newspaper Extra:

Medina speaks of disappointment with Elton John and Axl Rose.

■ Do not invite to the same stage Roberto Medina and Elton John and Axl Rose. Just hearing the name of two stars that were exhibited at the Rock in Rio and the Godfather of the biggest music event on the planet will make an ugly face.

"He (Axl) came very late and did not respect the public. The other made a show beyond bureaucratic."

Five days after the last chord guitar sound in Rock City, Medina received the Extra newspaper bar in his office, to take stock of the event and anticipate that Iron Maiden and Bruce Springsteen are guaranteed in 2013.

▬ And Axl Rose? What happened to him this time?

- I found a lack of commitment, respect the public, the huge delay of it (there were more than two hours).

▬ So the two are crossed out of your notebook?

- Ah, yes. And that thing, Axl had connection with the Rock in Rio, but was unfortunate.

• Marlom Brum

• Nilton Carauta

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

As much as I love Axl how can you not agree

I would like to hear Axl’s perspective firstly.

System of Clowns performed for too long, you couldn’t hear Axl initially, and the rain compromised various aspects of the show.

Axl respected the fans with a two hour set in oppressive conditions; Medina disrespected Axl with permitting System of Clowns to perform beyond their agreed set and pulling the plug on GN’R’s show.

That guy is ridiculous. He couldn't even bulid a stage with a waterproof roof, and now he's bitching?

Watch that fucking show again, Medina. Water was everywhere. Sunday night at Rock In Rio Fest was a one big disaster - but not because of GN'R performance. After something like that (for God's sake, it's 21st century!) I would be ashamed to speak public for a long time.

• Like 1

One thing that's strange is the fact he said nothing about Rihanna. She was much more late than GnR, her show sucked just as much and she wasn't included...

Yes, I thought the same thing.

It's all about money I think, I heard the festival paid U$ 1,2 million to Guns n' Roses and U$ 1,5 million to Elton John.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Would a soccer team partake in game with a water logged pitch?

And yet GN’R performed a regular set from a swimming pool with electronics at play.

Axl got scapegoated.

http://www.rockinrio.com.br/pt/live/lineup.html

I watched the show in youtube but the day before I entered the official Rio site ^^ to check the time of the show and it said 1 am (7am in my country). So, I woke up at 7 and the show didn´t start untill around 7:40 am. I don´t see where the "Two hours delay" is. Actually, if you check the link above, the same timetable is still there and it says GNR at 1:10 am.

And for those who didn´t believe the rain had a big part in the so-called delay, have a look at these pics and you´ll see. Look how the stage was. Those guys could have slipped and broken their neck.

314516_10150310311911875_195718696874_8157677_1818177206_n.jpg

298579_10150310293346875_195718696874_8157609_91993399_n.jpg

313158_10150310492691875_195718696874_8158227_1808731258_n.jpg

THis guy is a fucking clown. System of a clown was late. Then water pours down the sky like fucking theres no tomorrow. Don't tell me about lateness. I taught they wouldn't even play in these conditions. You are lucky you cunt, that they didn't cancelled the show! He was probably watching the show in a well dried up, heated little salon, yelling :" why arent this guy not on stage?"

Fuck you Medina. Laughable piece of shit!

System of Clowns performed for too long, you couldn’t hear Axl initially, and the rain compromised various aspects of the show.

Axl respected the fans with a two hour set in oppressive conditions; Medina disrespected Axl with permitting System of Clowns to perform beyond their agreed set and pulling the plug on GN’R’s show.

Could be that SOAD was told .."hey play a few more songs.." GNR is notorious for doing that to opening acts. When I saw them in Moline in 2002...CKY and Mix Master Mike..played extended sets.

After watching the show again.. theres elements of everybodies speculation.. Rain..Fuck ive performed in rain and it sucks big time...limits movements and slipping and falling on your ass in front of an audience is humiliating...

The lack of commitment...thing.. yeah you can see that as well... clearly an unrehearsed show..with cold vocals on many songs as well. The headliner to anyshow is supposed to be a big exclamation point !!!!!!! GNR's show was a trainwreck including being played not so late but so fucking early.

Could be that SOAD was told .."hey play a few more songs.." GNR is notorious for doing that to opening acts. When I saw them in Moline in 2002...CKY and Mix Master Mike..played extended sets.

After watching the show again.. theres elements of everybodies speculation.. Rain..Fuck ive performed in rain and it sucks big time...limits movements and slipping and falling on your ass in front of an audience is humiliating...

The lack of commitment...thing.. yeah you can see that as well... clearly an unrehearsed show..with cold vocals on many songs as well. The headliner to anyshow is supposed to be a big exclamation point !!!!!!! GNR's show was a trainwreck including being played not so late but so fucking early.

I believe SOAD followed their setlist just as it was posted online beforehand.

I believe SOAD followed their setlist just as it was posted online beforehand.

Yes. But it was predicted to end beforehand. GnR was predicted to go on stage 1:30.

For something as big as Rio Axl should have been in Rio 1 or 2 days before, preparing. But no, he left it to last minute. Before embarking on a tour, you'd have though he might have made some effort to get himself in shape both body and voice. Maybe it all too much for him these days, maybe the buzz isn't there. Maybe he just needs the ca$h. He never really comes across as enjoying himself for real. The buzz of Chinese Democracy is all but gone - it failed. All the while he hung to unreleased music there was a buzz.

For something as big as Rio Axl should have been in Rio 1 or 2 days before, preparing. But no, he left it to last minute. Before embarking on a tour, you'd have though he might have made some effort to get himself in shape both body and voice. Maybe it all too much for him these days, maybe the buzz isn't there. Maybe he just needs the ca$h. He never really comes across as enjoying himself for real. The buzz of Chinese Democracy is all but gone - it failed. All the while he hung to unreleased music there was a buzz.

One thing is true. I doubt Axl acted any differently in any RiR beforehand. The difference is even if he acted like an asshole, there was a LOT of demand. It was still business to put up with him.

THis guy is a fucking clown. System of a clown was late. Then water pours down the sky like fucking theres no tomorrow. Don't tell me about lateness. I taught they wouldn't even play in these conditions. You are lucky you cunt, that they didn't cancelled the show! He was probably watching the show in a well dried up, heated little salon, yelling :" why arent this guy not on stage?"

I agree with you, he's being a total whining douchebag.

(and next year, people will be asking for GNR in RIR again...)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-want-Guns-N-Roses-in-Rock-in-Rio-Lisboa-2012/169521996465930

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-want-Guns-N-Roses-in-Rock-in-Rio-Lisboa-2012/169521996465930

Ha! I'm not easily surprise when it comes to GNR anymore :lol:

System of a Down played a longer set because they were asked to. The only clown is the Axlhole who appeared 2hrs late and left me in the rain after 14hrs of standing. Anyway, I don't even know why I'm complaining, that was so ROCK N' ROLL.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhh.

Edited by marlon_brando15

System of a Down played a longer set because they were asked to. The only clown is the Axlhole who appeared 2hrs late and left me in the rain after 14hrs of standing. Anyway, I don't even know why I'm complaining, that was so ROCK N' ROLL.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhh.

You people have trouble COUNTING. 1:30 to 2:30 equals 1 hour.