DJ Ashba: "My plan is to release the best GNR album ever. I know we can do it"

Guest Gunns

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashba aint no spring chicken - the guy is what, 40?

And he's done nothing musically that comes even close to old-GNR standard.

You never know, he'd really need Axl inspire him and take hime to another musican dimension. But Axl ain't the most productive guy these days

LA

Chemistry between 2 musicians can change everything. It can become something much bigger then any one of them could ever hope to create on their own.

Do you think Axl and Slash fed off each other musically?

I think all the members of the old line up fed off each other musically. Mainly Axl, Izzy, Slash, and Duff.

It's also between Axl and Paul, writing wise. (going by the writing credits in Chinese Democracy)

A prime example of that chemistry in the new era was Better. I felt Axl and Robin really clicked on that one.

I don't think anyone can deny the perfect chemistry Axl and Slash had. That was a very, very rare thing imo, at least for as long as they wanted to make the same style of music or could agree on a musical direction.

Edited by Rovim

Maybe Dj could use some of his ashbaswag designs as inspiration to draw on for some of the newer gnr material?

Edited by gunns5

With respect to DJ, I really do take this interview with a pinch of salt.

Remember all the Dizzy interviews from the quiet years between like '03-'05 when he used to just say 'very soon'. To me, these interviews are very similar to them; slightly more elaborated, but still extremely vague and non-committal.

DJ: Oh yeah, you know... I have been working in a lot of material, but we already have lots of finished stuff. Axl has a lot, a lot of things remaining from Chinese that are really good, and we have been working and re-recording and writing new stuff everyday.

2391371:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

funny-gifs-getting-angry.gif

I feel your pain. I believe a lot of the better Buckethead parts or more prominent ones will remain intact.

Criss: What about the future?

DJ: Well, this is where I'm focused. I mean, my big objective is to release the biggest and best Guns N' Roses album of all times. This is my objective in this band and I know we can do it.

That's gonna be tough. But that's the right objective. Otherwise they shouldn't even try.

the sum may be better than the individual parts.

Has Slash or Axl done anything close to AFD or UYI? Nope.

we have no idea what Ashba and Axl can make together with Ron and Co. in the assist.

Take all their solo stuff and throw it out the window.

It's funny how Buckethead fans assume his parts are better than anybody else's when having heard neither of them.

You don't know what we have heard. Even for those not privileged enough to hear additional CD sessions with Buckethead can listen to his solo on Riad on the leaked demo which was replaced.

DJ: Oh yeah, you know... I have been working in a lot of material, but we already have lots of finished stuff. Axl has a lot, a lot of things remaining from Chinese that are really good, and we have been working and re-recording and writing new stuff everyday.

2391371:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

funny-gifs-getting-angry.gif

He had better fucking not be re-recording Buckethead's parts.

He had better fucking not.

Buckethead is prolific as far as music creation in ways that DJ can't even fathom. If he couldn't get Axl motivated enough to finish and release music, then color me skeptical that Ashba is going to suddenly get Axl to open the flood gates.

This x1000.

It's funny how Buckethead fans assume his parts are better than anybody else's when having heard neither of them.

Fuck off username (*cough* Madison *cough*). We've heard it before from your old handle and no doubt we'll keep on hearing it again ad nauseum.

Edited by ashysdad

You don't know what we have heard. Even for those not privileged enough to hear additional CD sessions with Buckethead can listen to his solo on Riad on the leaked demo which was replaced.

I very much doubt "we" is the majority of this forum.

Also, stop trying to be so interesting.

I don't really care what you've heard, for most people here it's assumptions assumptions assumptions.

Fuck off username (*cough* Madison *cough*). We've heard it before from your old handle and no doubt we'll keep on hearing it again ad nauseum.

You're comeback is remarkably rude. I didn't resort to pointless name-calling. Why did you?

Also, why bring up Madison? I'm not her, I never met her and I never talk to her.

My point still stays valid - you haven't heard a thing.

Edited by username

... mean, my big objective is to release the biggest and best Guns N' Roses album of all times. This is my objective in this band and I know we can do it. I'm very excited to be in this band with Axl and all the other guys. Working with Axl, that knows lot of people, and that is producing new music all the time... Axl and I simply have a special music connection, we understand each other very well. I sit down, and when he starts to play something on the piano feels like if I know exactly what I have to do.

I think this is the nicest bit I've heard from the nu-guns establishment in a very, very long time.

I'm not sure if this DJ Ashba dude has got what it takes to do this thing, but the most important thing is that he is gonna have a serious go at it.

who knows, maybe something epic comes out of it. maybe it will all flounder.

atleast I get a feel that there is actual music writing going on.

if it takes a DJ Ashba to get GN'R music going it makes everyone who has just been hanging around leeching the money look like limpdicked fucks though.

DJ Ashba: "My plan is to release the best GNR album ever. I know we can do it"

When? 2021?

That is funny. How did u ever come up with that?

And username has been at the forum for years. I've never heard anybody say that he and maddy were the same person.

That's a huge task if that's what he wants to do

Better then AFD and the illusions that's crazy talk he has a shit load of work to do

yeah for a start he needs to learn to play the guitar properly the goon

I don't think there's anything wrong for showing a bit of drive and ambition and sharing this with the fans. He might actually be the person that gets Axl to start regularly releasing some material and I for one hope so.

I think he genuinely cares about the GNR legacy and wants to move the band forwards and release something special...whether he's talented enough to achieve that is a different matter but I'd say this is promising at least.

Ashba aint no spring chicken - the guy is what, 40?

And he's done nothing musically that comes even close to old-GNR standard.

You never know, he'd really need Axl inspire him and take hime to another musican dimension. But Axl ain't the most productive guy these days

LA

DJ is 38 years old and I think he'll surprise a lot of people if he ever gets to be on a released Guns album.

This reminds me of Randy Rhodes and how his work on anything before Blizzard Of Ozz was not anywhere near as good. Some people just have that effect like Ozzy had on Randy and Randy on Ozzy. Axl and DJ seem to share a similar musical connection.

I guess time will (maybe) tell.

I think he can do it. Axl is good at pushing people to their creative limits and is very inspiring, I would imagine. DJ also is hungry to put his mark on Guns and is very driven and experienced.

Chemistry between 2 musicians can change everything. It can become something much bigger then any one of them could ever hope to create on their own.

I will take time for DJ Axl and the rest of the band to develop their chemistry and their sound I doubt if anyone can know if it'll work at this stage? + judging by the other members comments they have not been recording with DJ or Axl?

I think it was a little silly to say they are going to record the best guns album ever? Talk about setting youself up for a fall? He's pretty much just said he intends to write the best rock n roll album ever. A bold prediction no doubt about it.

Why not just get on with writing/recording and realeasing and then let the music do the talking?