DJ Ashba: "My plan is to release the best GNR album ever. I know we can do it"

Guest Gunns

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sure you can...

Just keep playing the covers with a top hat and your mouth shut, people might actually think that it's Slash up there.

You know, there are Slash forums out there. The guy hasn't been with this band for 15 years. I think it's time to move on, fella. :thumbsup:

I totally understand how someone could still hold a grudge, even after 15 years. Guns N Roses was the biggest band in the world. What I don't understand is taking said grudge into fan forums just to piss people off. That part is what confuses me....

When? 2021?

That is funny. How did u ever come up with that?

And username has been at the forum for years. I've never heard anybody say that he and maddy were the same person.

is Madison still around? i remember her posting frequently in the old days.

She upset axl so after he called her, who according to almost everyone here was a huge fan, a bunch of petty names was banned

what!? banned by Axl? when and what exactly did she say?

When? 2021?

And username has been at the forum for years. I've never heard anybody say that he and maddy were the same person.

She upset axl so after he called her, who according to almost everyone here was a huge fan, a bunch of petty names was banned

that she was a supporter.

When? 2021?

Really? I thought it was because she said that a source told her people wearing Slash shirts were denied access to Gn'R shows.

Yeah...pretty sure that was it.

When? 2021?

She was spreading a LOT of false BS about the supposed "Axl bans Slash shirts" crap on the Canadian tour. Given I was at two of the shows on that tour, where people were walking around in Slash shirts and no one was harassed, I can firsthand tell you that the story was false, but she just wouldn't drop it. Might have been some other stuff too.

Personally I've never spoken to her at all, but her actions really stood out around that time.

When? 2021?

Really? I thought it was because she said that a source told her people wearing Slash shirts were denied access to Gn'R shows.

Yeah...pretty sure that was it.

That's exactly why, except her "source" was BS. I also recall someone who worked security at the show even posting on here *saying* he didn't see it happen, and magically his post was deleted.

All sorts of fishy shit went on around that time.

Pretty much banned by axl. She was a mod or whatever and was somewhat like groghan you could sa. A devout follower and believer in nu gnr but was critical as well. She was just more well known and connected I guess you could say, more outspoken as well. Axl came to the forums called her a cunt and all this garbage and she got banned.

Axl should have been banned fr the personal attack lol. Oh, the irony.

She wouldn't let people here talk about Buckethead's playing shortly after Chinese Democracy was released just because she didn't like him.

I feel like Axl just said what many people here thought if I'm being honest.

Edited by Rovim

Pretty much banned by axl. She was a mod or whatever and was somewhat like groghan you could sa. A devout follower and believer in nu gnr but was critical as well. She was just more well known and connected I guess you could say, more outspoken as well. Axl came to the forums called her a cunt and all this garbage and she got banned.

Axl should have been banned fr the personal attack lol. Oh, the irony.

She wouldn't let people here talk about Buckethead's playing shortly after Chinese Democracy was released just because she didn't like him.

true.

I thought Axl just said what many people here thought if I'm being honest.

not true.

super tired subject. no need to bring it back up, imo.

^

that isn't what happened at all.

If you've got more info post it. But that's what happened on the boards at the time. She blathered on about the t-shirt banning. Axl ripped her a new one after a while.

The only reason I even cared at the time was, I was actually at two shows on that tour (Canada 2010). It was hilarious listening to Madison insist on things happening a certain way when she wasn't in the fucking country, and some of us were. Believe me, if her story with true, the dude with the Slash banner, front row center on the floor in front of me, wouldn't have lasted long at the Toronto gig, but no one said shit to him and after two songs he draped it around his neck (this wasn't a homemade sign or protest, just one of those silkscreen things you can buy).

Could have been other shit as well. The board has a search function though, and that t-shirt story was in fact a part of it.

For Dj to help Axl reach the vision of making the best gnr album ever, he'll have to come up with something 10000 x better than his work pre gnr.

Possible? I suppose

likely? Doubt it

And for Axl to help DJ reach the vision of making the best GnR album ever, he'll have to come up wit something 10000 x better than his current vocal abilities... :confused:

Outside of Rio he's sounded fine to me.

Rio I'm ok with chalking up to the rain/cold - murder on any singer's vocals.

Beyond that, the studio allows for multiple takes, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I really like DJ's enthusiasm, even if I don't expect an album better than AFD. I hope it infects the rest of the band and we get a killer CD from this lineup at some point. To me, it'd make perfect sense to put out that, and the other songs from CD, as two different albums, or even a double album.

And for Axl to help DJ reach the vision of making the best GnR album ever, he'll have to come up wit something 10000 x better than his current vocal abilities... :confused:

Ok we get it you're not impressed with Axl's vocals. Being in a studio is much different than singing live in the rain. Chill out already. You may be the only GNR fan to ever be hear for anyone but Axl. I enjoy all the members, but Axl is the show. On the records and live.

I love how some people bitch about how Axl sounded in one show. He's had worse shows when he was in his prime.

"My plan is to release the best GNR album ever. I know we can do it" DJ Ashba --------Hater--Reply------>> OMG AXL SUCKD IN RIO!!

Friggin' douchebags...

I love how some people bitch about how Axl sounded in one show. He's had worse shows when he was in his prime.

Agreed. Maybe it will be a good idea to let Axl just get into it. It's just the very start of the tour, and he's improving already.

Edited by Rovim

Agreed. Maybe it will be a good idea to let Axl just get into it. It's just the very start of the tour, and he's improving already.

Didn't he voice his dislike of festivals? He probably didn't have that much time to prepare as he would in most shows.

If Ashba can get Axl to release more music he will be the most beloved of all GN'R. Could he be our Rock and Roll Messiah?

It's Bubmblefoot who's better suited to be a messiah. Sometimes when I look at him, it strikes me that he's able to raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, walk on water, and whatnot. :D