DJ Ashba: "My plan is to release the best GNR album ever. I know we can do it"

Guest Gunns

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whats with the hand>?

Are you serious? Expressing reluctance regarding Estranged and now an obliviousness to the hand? Worst mod ever.

Who cares? He is a mod and you're not. Burn.

Madison was a mod too and who wants to be madison?

CoolFace.png

Very good point. I think she is a unique case though, to put it mildly. lol

whats with the hand>?

Are you serious? Expressing reluctance regarding Estranged and now an obliviousness to the hand? Worst mod ever.

Yes because being a mod means you have to know everything and are not allowed an opinion :rolleyes:

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Yes because being a mod means you have to know everything and are not allowed an opinion :rolleyes:

You couldn’t draw the correlation between the red hand and Chinese Democracy, I can thus infer noob status.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

DJ: Well, this is where I'm focused. I mean, my big objective is to release the biggest and best Guns N' Roses album of all times. This is my objective in this band and I know we can do it. I'm very excited to be in this band with Axl and all the other guys. Working with Axl, that knows lot of people, and that is producing new music all the time... Axl and I simply have a special music connection, we understand each other very well. I sit down, and when he starts to play something on the piano feels like if I know exactly what I have to do.

Cool, do some good raw, heavy, bluesy, fast paced hard rock tunes and blow us out of the water. rock3

What are you talking about?

CD > AFD

LOL

In my opinion GNR has yet to top AFD (the Illusions came awfully close) but I have faith that the next album is going to be great and hopefully takes the foundation of CD and builds on it. I can't wait to hear what DJ has to offer

@UcudBmineCD: could you stop using my avatar

could you stop trolling about how ''great'' the old line-up was, you never even post in the old band's section.

I'll help you. I'll take take that avatar and sig off for you. It's gonna save you time!

Don't tell me I'm not a nice guy!

Guest ben9785

I don't think too much of Ashba but if he really has the enthusiasm and can inspire Axl to work on new music then I appreciate it. Would prefer to see them going forwards with new music and keep establishing their own identity in the present rather than bringing out new old songs for tours.

Edited by ben9785

@UcudBmineCD: could you stop using my avatar

could you stop trolling about how ''great'' the old line-up was, you never even post in the old band's section.

I'll help you. I'll take take that avatar and sig off for you. It's gonna save you time!

Don't tell me I'm not a nice guy!

Ah so now I'm the culprit? You're not exactly Sherlock Holmes are you?

Anyway, fine.

I was just showing him how annoying something or someone can be, I hope the guy learned from it.

Or I'll find something different, something not as drastic ofcourse. I don't want to get in trouble.

:laugh:

Oh, and I get that you take the avatar, but wasn't my sig different from his? Aside from the GN'R logo's. It had a different picture in it.

What if I take off the dollarsign?

Edited by UcudBmineCD

What are you talking about?

CD > AFD

LOL

In my opinion GNR has yet to top AFD (the Illusions came awfully close) but I have faith that the next album is going to be great and hopefully takes the foundation of CD and builds on it. I can't wait to hear what DJ has to offer

Whatever man you have very right to think that but I dont feel that way

Edited by WhazUp

the sum may be better than the individual parts.

Has Slash or Axl done anything close to AFD or UYI? Nope.

we have no idea what Ashba and Axl can make together with Ron and Co. in the assist.

Take all their solo stuff and throw it out the window.

I agree.. both have some good ideas but nothing as close to AFD and UYI and LIEs for that matter as well. Most of those songs were written quickly and played years on the club circut..i say most ..not all but they had a "personality" already. Most good writting teams/bands have maybe two to three great albums and then its formula...

You read the old interviews about how someof the songs got put into play...first and formost an idea..then a riff and then the whole band doing its thing and then clubbed out in front of audience to massage it into performance mode. Then recorded. How many songs for AFD were written in the studio while they were recording?

when a band starts out.. there is a tremendous input of ideas...jam sessions..and the emphasis is on 'the band" and time is dedicated to it....

it would be interesting to see just how much time AS A BAND now is dedicated to production of new material and sounds in person face to face.

I hate this new way of recording where no one is in the same room together (not just GNR alot of bands) ..hell they dont even have to be in the same country ....record 15 takes of some ideas send them into the main office..listen to them...select the one most appropriate and write around it. Have the rest of the guys add their 2 cents and lay some lyrics on top and mix it together.....rehearse it a few times and wheel it out. no band need be present.. just computers and a producer.

Nothing beats having the band working in a room to get a vibe going... knowing where the bass player is going to go against the backbeat and the lead is going to go over the top...what the singer is going to present and when and how...where to sell the sizzle and when to back off...stop for a moment ..argue for a bit about how the song really goes..try it a different way see how it sounds...rule it in rule it out..move on...