GN’R: “We would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially our fans.”

Guest NGOG

^ I don't understand why you're here, jmap

There's obviously a difference in what an actual publicist says and what Fernando says on Facebook.

A main difference unfortunately being that Fernando reaches over 12 million people with his crap.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this story.

Did they even see the stage? It was dangerous to get on there, let alone play a show.

To be honest, at one point I thought GN'R wouldn't be coming on at all since it kept raining like that.

@UcudBmineCD: could you stop using my avatar

http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=164490

The publicist for GUNS N' ROSES has released the following official statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the reports that the band was two hours late in taking the stage at this year's Rock In Rio festival on October 2 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil:

"GUNS N' ROSES would like to set the record straight on Rock In Rio. The festival's inadequate production and the downpour of rain delayed the event. Anyone who was there knows that SYSTEM OF A DOWN did not leave the stage until close to 1:15 in the morning. SYSTEM's extensive stage production did not finish coming offstage until 1:45 a.m. GN'R's production was up and ready to go at 2:15 a.m. Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] got to the venue before 1 a.m. and he came ready to go onstage. The inadequate cover of the Rock In Rio stage caused a further delay when the soundboard went down due to water damage and was replaced as quick as possible. GN'R walked onstage at 2:40 a.m. and played for two-and-a-half hours in the pouring rain. GN'R would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans."

that's immediately contradicted by this:

"Love it Hate it Accept it Debate it — You want 8 o'clock shows go find F-R-I-E-N-D-S or hit a cinema somewhere…or you wanna be informed go catch the 10-o'clock news.. this is Rock N' Roll! Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you 'normally' do the next day. Oh and remember before you get high and never want to come down. 'you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me!' This is Guns N' Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite. Looking forward to sharing that with rockers soon!"

Bulls**t.

There's nothing remotely "rock n' roll" about treating your paying fans with such disrespect, nor is the quality of an artist's fans based, in any way, on the responsibilities they face in their lives outside of a concert.

This is simply childish, ego-driven, controlling, age-old macho bulls**t posturing by a guy who has so much money that no one will challenge, or question, his stance on the stage timing issue.

Well, almost no one.

Axl can show up on stage when he "has to," it appears: following the release of the ill-fated "Chinese Democracy," GNR played four shows in Asia at the end of 2009, and the band hit the stage for each show at pretty reasonable times, as follows:

Dec 11/09 – Taipei County Stadium – Tapei, Taiwan – START @ 8:35 pm

Dec 13/09 – Olympic Arena – Seoul, South Korea – START @ 9:25 pm

Dec 16/09 – Osaka Dome – Osaka, Japan – START @ 9:00 pm

Dec 19/09 – Tokyo Dome – Tokyo, Japan – START @ 6:40 pm

So, why is that all shows since the Asian leg have started ridiculously late? What is it about doing business with the Asian promoters - Taiwanese company Brokers Brothers Herald, Ltd. (BBH), Korea's All Access Entertainment, and Japanese business Hayashi International Promotion Co. Ltd. (H.I.P.) - that made Axl get on stage well before midnight local time, when he doesn't do it for anyone else?

Let's call Axl's long-running position on concert start times what it really is: unprofessional.

And, by extension, the band members who make up GNR these days, and the promoters who do business with Axl, are guilty by association.

If Live Nation – headed by former GNR manager Irving Azoff - can't get a contract together with Axl for the upcoming US tour that includes strict guidelines for reasonable start times, and/or heavy financial penalties for not following them, then they, too, should be held responsible to the fans.

But they won't.

There's no rocking the boat when everyone involved continues to ride the financial gravy train.

I saw GNR in Toronto in January of 2010; many fans were forced to walk out of the arena around 1:00 a.m. to catch the last bus/subway/train home so they could get to school/work, etc. the next morning. There were no refunds for fans getting an incomplete show because they were responsible people who were forced to leave at a time when the concert should have already been finished; in Toronto's case, that was around 2:00 a.m. There was almost a 3-hour wait between the last opening band and Axl's 11:25 p.m. start time…that's way past absurd.

Since the current tour started, it's safe to say that more GNR headlines have been about Axl's disrespect for fans than about the actual quality of the show. Dublin. Reading. Leeds. Remember the reports out of Townsville, Australia last December? The Daily Telegraph attributed the 2-hour "delay" to Axl enjoying a "cool movie in his hotel room and he was digging it."

And who pays for Rose's actions? Fans. People who have to get up and go to work, or school, the next day, because that's what REAL LIFE is all about.

When will the madness stop? Only when fans stop buying tickets to this circus.

While Axl continues living in his fantasy world (does he really think "Friends" is still on at 8:00 p.m.???), there are no penalties for his selfishness, and when people are on Axl's payroll, you have to believe no one is allowed to question his absurd stance on issues like this one.

In other words, there's no democracy in Axl's Chinese Democracy.

First of all Toronto sucks and second take a fuckin' cab. Who in their right mind leaves a concert before it is finished?

And don't preach this job and school shit to me.....I have a full time job with 3 kids.

It's not rocket science, me call boss, me ask for day off....boss give me day off

And before the cupcakes insult me for having a BoBo job (see what I did there? :rofl-lol: ) I am a service manager.

In case you haven't noticed...the us is in a recession. All of the people I know who have jobs are just happy to have one, and having "sick days" is something most people would keep for being sick, or they are like 95% of the people out there they don't use them because they are scared that their job may not be there when they get back. Read around most people calling into work nowadays are getting the "well if you can't make it in, dont bother coming back" treatment.

And my 2nd point is this, Fernando has zero right to come out and say something like that to fans. Reguardless of how you feel about Fernando, what he said was arrogant and uncalled for. And obviously someone higher up within GNR felt the same way too. How it was handled the second time around was how it should have been handled the first time, you never take the approach that its the people standing in the rain for an hour or two's fault.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164490

The publicist for GUNS N' ROSES has released the following official statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the reports that the band was two hours late in taking the stage at this year's Rock In Rio festival on October 2 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil:

"GUNS N' ROSES would like to set the record straight on Rock In Rio. The festival's inadequate production and the downpour of rain delayed the event. Anyone who was there knows that SYSTEM OF A DOWN did not leave the stage until close to 1:15 in the morning. SYSTEM's extensive stage production did not finish coming offstage until 1:45 a.m. GN'R's production was up and ready to go at 2:15 a.m. Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] got to the venue before 1 a.m. and he came ready to go onstage. The inadequate cover of the Rock In Rio stage caused a further delay when the soundboard went down due to water damage and was replaced as quick as possible. GN'R walked onstage at 2:40 a.m. and played for two-and-a-half hours in the pouring rain. GN'R would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans."

"Love it Hate it Accept it Debate it — You want 8 o'clock shows go find F-R-I-E-N-D-S or hit a cinema somewhere…or you wanna be informed go catch the 10-o'clock news.. this is Rock N' Roll! Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you 'normally' do the next day. Oh and remember before you get high and never want to come down. 'you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me!' This is Guns N’ Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite. Looking forward to sharing that with rockers soon!"

Bulls**t.

There’s nothing remotely “rock n’ roll” about treating your paying fans with such disrespect, nor is the quality of an artist’s fans based, in any way, on the responsibilities they face in their lives outside of a concert.

This is simply childish, ego-driven, controlling, age-old macho bulls**t posturing by a guy who has so much money that no one will challenge, or question, his stance on the stage timing issue.

Well, almost no one.

Axl can show up on stage when he “has to,” it appears: following the release of the ill-fated “Chinese Democracy,” GNR played four shows in Asia at the end of 2009, and the band hit the stage for each show at pretty reasonable times, as follows:

So, why is that all shows since the Asian leg have started ridiculously late? What is it about doing business with the Asian promoters - Taiwanese company Brokers Brothers Herald, Ltd. (BBH), Korea’s All Access Entertainment, and Japanese business Hayashi International Promotion Co. Ltd. (H.I.P.) - that made Axl get on stage well before midnight local time, when he doesn’t do it for anyone else?

Let’s call Axl’s long-running position on concert start times what it really is: unprofessional.

And, by extension, the band members who make up GNR these days, and the promoters who do business with Axl, are guilty by association.

If Live Nation – headed by former GNR manager Irving Azoff - can’t get a contract together with Axl for the upcoming US tour that includes strict guidelines for reasonable start times, and/or heavy financial penalties for not following them, then they, too, should be held responsible to the fans.

But they won’t.

There’s no rocking the boat when everyone involved continues to ride the financial gravy train.

I saw GNR in Toronto in January of 2010; many fans were forced to walk out of the arena around 1:00 a.m. to catch the last bus/subway/train home so they could get to school/work, etc. the next morning. There were no refunds for fans getting an incomplete show because they were responsible people who were forced to leave at a time when the concert should have already been finished; in Toronto’s case, that was around 2:00 a.m. There was almost a 3-hour wait between the last opening band and Axl’s 11:25 p.m. start time…that’s way past absurd.

Since the current tour started, it’s safe to say that more GNR headlines have been about Axl’s disrespect for fans than about the actual quality of the show. Dublin. Reading. Leeds. Remember the reports out of Townsville, Australia last December? The Daily Telegraph attributed the 2-hour “delay” to Axl enjoying a “cool movie in his hotel room and he was digging it.”

And who pays for Rose’s actions? Fans. People who have to get up and go to work, or school, the next day, because that’s what REAL LIFE is all about.

While Axl continues living in his fantasy world (does he really think “Friends” is still on at 8:00 p.m.???), there are no penalties for his selfishness, and when people are on Axl’s payroll, you have to believe no one is allowed to question his absurd stance on issues like this one.

In other words, there’s no democracy in Axl’s Chinese Democracy.

The TTC extended their hours in Toronto for the GN'R gig. There were notices at the show. There were also alternates, like cabs. Or simply being aware of the band you're going to see.

If, should they ever make the playoffs again, the Leafs go into a 5th overtime period, do you leave early? Do you blame the team for not scoring sooner?

Concerts don't have set finish times. It's not a scripted play or movie.

I have little sympathy for your friends. They clearly didn't plan ahead.

Axl can show up on stage when he “has to,” it appears: following the release of the ill-fated “Chinese Democracy,” GNR played four shows in Asia at the end of 2009, and the band hit the stage for each show at pretty reasonable times, as follows:

Could it be the time difference? If he was still on LA time at this point, I guess those start times would be late for him, right?

I can't go to any concerts I got a four month old baby.

Not sure if serious?

I am serious. All I've been doing is work and go home and help take care of my baby with my wife. No time for concerts and other fun stuff.

Family first

I'm glad they released this, though it's already a little late in the game. People have already made up their mind by now, and the "if we're late, too bad" message in between didn't help things, either. And I don't entirely think RiR's production was "inadequate" either, it was just a combination of System playing longer and the heavy rain. But honestly, judging by the comments on recent articles on this band, they're never going to win the general public over at this point, and I don't really care if they do. I just want new music from 'em.

I'm glad they released this, though it's already a little late in the game. People have already made up their mind by now, and the "if we're late, too bad" message in between didn't help things, either. And I don't entirely think RiR's production was "inadequate" either, it was just a combination of System playing longer and the heavy rain. But honestly, judging by the comments on recent articles on this band, they're never going to win the general public over at this point, and I don't really care if they do. I just want new music from 'em.

Even before this I didn't think they would win over public opinion! Axl is who he is, and all of us on this forum should now about concert start times, it has been a tradition for a long time! I could care less about the public's perception of this band and I think we all as fans have invested a lot of time,$ and energy into supporting this band over the years and deserved a little bit more respect than the Fernando message gave to us. However I just want to hear some new music from this band, I want them to evolve and start releasing and playing new stuff. I love the classics and would love to see a reunion but I also have realized that may never be possible. I have been a gnr fan since I was a small child and heard appetite in my step sisters camaro and through all the lineup changes i have supported the band! This band has potential and I would like to see them break out of the mold and do something!

In case you haven't noticed...the us is in a recession. All of the people I know who have jobs are just happy to have one, and having "sick days" is something most people would keep for being sick, or they are like 95% of the people out there they don't use them because they are scared that their job may not be there when they get back. Read around most people calling into work nowadays are getting the "well if you can't make it in, dont bother coming back" treatment.

And my 2nd point is this, Fernando has zero right to come out and say something like that to fans. Reguardless of how you feel about Fernando, what he said was arrogant and uncalled for. And obviously someone higher up within GNR felt the same way too. How it was handled the second time around was how it should have been handled the first time, you never take the approach that its the people standing in the rain for an hour or two's fault.

Recession or not there is tons of work for people that want to work. People have to become less picky about which jobs they want to do. My boss couldn't care less if I was at the office or not as long as my job is done. (I requested tools such as iPhone and laptop so I don't have to be at the office all the time)

What I was saying is that you can't compare your job to someone elses. You have an office job it sounds like, other people have production jobs. Where if they arent on that line they can be replaced easily, so they can't go to their boss and say "hey give me an ipad so i can work from home".

Recession or not there is tons of work for people that want to work. People have to become less picky about which jobs they want to do. My boss couldn't care less if I was at the office or not as long as my job is done. (I requested tools such as iPhone and laptop so I don't have to be at the office all the time)

What I was saying is that you can't compare your job to someone elses. You have an office job it sounds like, other people have production jobs. Where if they arent on that line they can be replaced easily, so they can't go to their boss and say "hey give me an ipad so i can work from home".

Agree, every job is different and every persons situation differs

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164490

"Love it Hate it Accept it Debate it — You want 8 o'clock shows go find F-R-I-E-N-D-S or hit a cinema somewhere…or you wanna be informed go catch the 10-o'clock news.. this is Rock N' Roll! Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you 'normally' do the next day. Oh and remember before you get high and never want to come down. 'you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me!' This is Guns N’ Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite. Looking forward to sharing that with rockers soon!"

Bulls**t.

There’s nothing remotely “rock n’ roll” about treating your paying fans with such disrespect, nor is the quality of an artist’s fans based, in any way, on the responsibilities they face in their lives outside of a concert.

Well, almost no one.

So, why is that all shows since the Asian leg have started ridiculously late? What is it about doing business with the Asian promoters - Taiwanese company Brokers Brothers Herald, Ltd. (BBH), Korea’s All Access Entertainment, and Japanese business Hayashi International Promotion Co. Ltd. (H.I.P.) - that made Axl get on stage well before midnight local time, when he doesn’t do it for anyone else?

Let’s call Axl’s long-running position on concert start times what it really is: unprofessional.

If Live Nation – headed by former GNR manager Irving Azoff - can’t get a contract together with Axl for the upcoming US tour that includes strict guidelines for reasonable start times, and/or heavy financial penalties for not following them, then they, too, should be held responsible to the fans.

But they won’t.

There’s no rocking the boat when everyone involved continues to ride the financial gravy train.

I saw GNR in Toronto in January of 2010; many fans were forced to walk out of the arena around 1:00 a.m. to catch the last bus/subway/train home so they could get to school/work, etc. the next morning. There were no refunds for fans getting an incomplete show because they were responsible people who were forced to leave at a time when the concert should have already been finished; in Toronto’s case, that was around 2:00 a.m. There was almost a 3-hour wait between the last opening band and Axl’s 11:25 p.m. start time…that’s way past absurd.

Since the current tour started, it’s safe to say that more GNR headlines have been about Axl’s disrespect for fans than about the actual quality of the show. Dublin. Reading. Leeds. Remember the reports out of Townsville, Australia last December? The Daily Telegraph attributed the 2-hour “delay” to Axl enjoying a “cool movie in his hotel room and he was digging it.”

And who pays for Rose’s actions? Fans. People who have to get up and go to work, or school, the next day, because that’s what REAL LIFE is all about.

While Axl continues living in his fantasy world (does he really think “Friends” is still on at 8:00 p.m.???), there are no penalties for his selfishness, and when people are on Axl’s payroll, you have to believe no one is allowed to question his absurd stance on issues like this one.

In other words, there’s no democracy in Axl’s Chinese Democracy.

The TTC extended their hours in Toronto for the GN'R gig. There were notices at the show. There were also alternates, like cabs. Or simply being aware of the band you're going to see.

If, should they ever make the playoffs again, the Leafs go into a 5th overtime period, do you leave early? Do you blame the team for not scoring sooner?

Concerts don't have set finish times. It's not a scripted play or movie.

I have little sympathy for your friends. They clearly didn't plan ahead.

planning ahead for waiting 3 hrs between acts? are you fucking kidding me? the late start times is exactly the reason I'm not going to the NJ shows in East Rutherford or Camden - and BTW, for a cab it would probably be $100-200 which is way more than I'm willing to pay for this incarnation of GnR -

hey - if you want to be made to wait 3 hrs between acts - pay for hotels and extended trips to see GnR - take off from work and or school - more power to you - I have better things to do with my time, $$, and vacation time

I guess Axl will put the blame on someone else regarding his forgotten lyrics and bad voice. It's always like that. You people have to live in a dream world to believe this bullshit.

I haven't read this whole thread, but to me it doesn't seem like this is anything about being unrehearsed and forgetting lyrics. This is specifically about the start time.

I like how people are blaming that one facebook post on the house keepers kid. How do we know it wasn't axl? And even if it wasn't, I'm sure axl has to give the OK before anything gets posted...

But it seems to me the facebook post was very personalized, and straight from the horse's mouth.

And you pulled that right out of your ass, didn't you?

I guess Axl will put the blame on someone else regarding his forgotten lyrics and bad voice. It's always like that. You people have to live in a dream world to believe this bullshit.

I haven't read this whole thread, but to me it doesn't seem like this is anything about being unrehearsed and forgetting lyrics. This is specifically about the start time.

I'm just saying that is always somebody's fault.

planning ahead for waiting 3 hrs between acts? are you fucking kidding me? the late start times is exactly the reason I'm not going to the NJ shows in East Rutherford or Camden - and BTW, for a cab it would probably be $100-200 which is way more than I'm willing to pay for this incarnation of GnR -

hey - if you want to be made to wait 3 hrs between acts - pay for hotels and extended trips to see GnR - take off from work and or school - more power to you - I have better things to do with my time, $$, and vacation time

Bingo. Great points. People need to learn that it's OK to criticize Axl. I've been harsh on him, only because he's nowhere near the star he was....for all the reasons we've discussed over and over and over, I mean look at Bach, Axl could look like his old self if he cared too. It's frustrating more than anything. With that said, I'll be at my show (mpls) and I'll be rooting for him top put on a killer show and I'm starting to buy into the theory that his voice continues to improve as tour goes on. Also-hopefully those photo's of a bloated Axl were exagerated. Hope he continues to get his tour legs.

Where the hell did you get that from? He's just saying why they were late in RiR.... We get it. You're pissed.

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

Everybody tries to figure out who to blame. Fans included. It's quite annoying, this blame game. Who to blame for lack of promotion? Who to blame for late starts? Who to blame for the weather being bad?

The only thing that's important, is figuring out who's fault this is. :rofl-lol:

Everybody tries to figure out who to blame. Fans included. It's quite annoying, this blame game. Who to blame for lack of promotion? Who to blame for late starts? Who to blame for the weather being bad?

The only thing that's important, is figuring out who's fault this is. :rofl-lol:

You are to blame! (kidding) It just shouldn't be so damn hard to do a concert tour. Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Keith Urban, Lady Gaga, The Crue etc.....noone has all these issues. GnR had em before and has em now. Hmmmmmm, what is the same ingredient as before??? It's Dizzys fault!