GN’R: “We would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially our fans.”

Guest NGOG

I was a part of the UYI Tour as some of ya know. I can tell ya first hand that rain can cause some very serious delays. Water weight on the front truss, power cabling, boards and light rigs, pyro and of course slippery conditions caused by water build-up on the stage surface. SOAD did have a huge production and it can take a lot of time to remove safely when there is water involved. Take it for what it's worth. Fact is.. G N' Rdid play an extended set instead of just going home.

True fans wiill support this. All of u plastic gunners will find a way to bitch. Let's begin /m\

How old were you on the tour? :book:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ben9785

For fucks sake leave it alone.

Just thought I would share what I thought. Most of all the show's already been and gone so I don't think it needs any more attention.

I can't go to any concerts I got a four month old baby.

Not sure if serious?

I am serious. All I've been doing is work and go home and help take care of my baby with my wife. No time for concerts and other fun stuff.

Not sure if this helps, but it gets easier. I promise. When our first one was that age, I was in your shoes. Now we have a four-year-old, three-year-old and a four-month-old, and I will be at the Houston show. My wife is awesome! And with kids, like many things, there are economies of scale. And lots of practice over the past four years certainly helps, too.

Congrats on that new baby and enjoy every minute you get to hold her because that's the thing I miss the most once they get older!

All this bullshit about how it's disrespectful to the fans is just dumb. People beg for a band to come to town, then insist on a certain venue or day of the week or opening act or setlist or start time.... get a life. Watch some videos from the 80's and stay home so there is more room at the foot of the stage for those of us willing to eschew convention and go see the band that we love.

it's not the start time that is being taken as disrespectful, it's 1) axl's piss poor attitude at Rio, and 2) the band's response to the start time criticism, which was "if you don't like it, don't come." this is all about ATTITUDE.

and stop acting like a white knight around here, it's clear you have no idea who you're talking to, or what you're talking about... you're just trying to appear holier than thou

There are posts all over the board about the late start being disrespectful, as well as the comment from the RIR organizer saying so - which is what this public reply is more than likely referring to.

As for the last bit - hey, man, whatever you wanna tell yourself. These are my opinions and I don't really give a damn what others think of them.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

GnR has a publisist?........ Who knew?!

Aka Del James perhaps? “Publicist” certainly gives the statement additional credibility.

These are my opinions and I don't really give a damn what others think of them.

Really though? Because if that were true you wouldn’t have to post on an online forum (your mere thoughts would be satisfactory enough). The reality is posting on a forum is one massive ego trip.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I kinda think this message wasn't meant for fans; I think it was for promotors of the upcoming us tour.

Why would they directly address the promoters? The promoters are powerless to pull a tour which is legally compulsory.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

You don't know that to be true.

The tour was the product of a legal settlement was it not? Thus both parties are legally obliged to uphold that agreement (the tour that is).

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The tour was the product of a legal settlement was it not? Thus both parties are legally obliged to uphold that agreement (the tour that is).

We don't know that.

Yes “we” do:

“a comprehensive touring agreement, in which Guns ‘N Roses would perform at various… venues”.

It’s basic law that one must uphold the terms of a legal settlement (or face prosecution).

We don't know that.

Yes “we” do:

“a comprehensive touring agreement, in which Guns ‘N Roses would perform at various… venues”.

It’s basic law that one must uphold the terms of a legal settlement (or face prosecution).

No we don't. The terms of the settlement where not disclosed. You can assume all you want, that doesn't make it fact.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

No we don't. The terms of the settlement where not disclosed. You can assume all you want, that doesn't make it fact.

You’re deliberately playing dumb to save your redundant point.

Azoff, the main man so far as tours, agreed to a GN’R schedule with Axl’s representatives (thus everybody else complies accordingly, including promoters).

You’re deliberately playing dumb to save your redundant point.

Azoff, the main man so far as tours, agreed to a GN’R schedule with Axl’s representatives (thus everybody else complies accordingly, including promoters).

Like I said you have no clue if the upcoming tour has anything to do with Axl's agreement with Azof. You're assuming it is and thats fine, you have a right to do so, but without confirmation from Axl, Azof, or someone with first hand knowledge, your assumption is just that, an assumption, and not fact.

----------

Anyway, like I said in a previous post, I think this message was meant for promoters in the US and not the fans. With all the hoopla surrounding Rio (and Medina's comments), I think GNR camp are trying to assure US promotors, who I don't doubt would quickly pull the plug on the tour, that they'll be on their "best behavior."

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Like I said you have no clue if the upcoming tour has anything to do with Axl's agreement with Azof.

confirmation from Axl, Azof, or someone with first hand knowledge

... lawyers for Rose filed papers stating that the final accord would involve "a comprehensive touring agreement in which Guns 'N Roses would perform at various...venues."

It (the US tour) is a direct result from the Azoff/Axl settlement.

Sunny, wasn't the statement NEWGNR said, “a comprehensive touring agreement, in which Guns ‘N Roses would perform at various… venues”, released right after the lawsuit settled? In accordance with it? I don't see how you can not see this tour is at least in part due to that.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

These are my opinions and I don't really give a damn what others think of them.

Really though? Because if that were true you wouldn’t have to post on an online forum (your mere thoughts would be satisfactory enough). The reality is posting on a forum is one massive ego trip.

no, not really. Communication doesn't really imply that I seek approval. I like discussing these topics, but I don't care if someone like the poster I was responding to in that comment thinks I'm 'playing a white knight' or whatever the hell he said.

If you expanded your logic, nobody would ever talk to anyone unless it was absolutely necessary...

At any rate, my main points in threads the last few days have been mostly as a counterbalance to all the heavy criticisms. I don't like it, so I combat it. People come in and take a shit all over the band and get pompous about having the right to say what they want... so, fine. So do I, though, and what I want to say is that those people are annoying the piss out of me and quite a lot of others.

Can't have it both ways, pumpkin, if you have a right to your shitty statements then I do too.*

*Not 'you' specifically, I haven't seen anything to get annoyed with from you.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I like discussing these topics, but I don't care if someone like the poster I was responding to in that comment thinks I'm 'playing a white knight' or whatever the hell he said.

So you use a mechanism like MyGN’R but are somehow indifferent to the reception of your arguments? Come on; everybody here regards their opinions high enough to express them on a massive forum like the internet. Otherwise you wouldn’t bother upholding them through further argument (you’d post and then leave).

Anyway, pure irrelevance. I apologize for my semantics.