Estranged (Pro Shot - Oct 8'th)

Estrangedfx

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the best version of the song to date. At least to me. A good mix can do wonders to a song, right? (I'm pointing at you RIR mixing guy)

There's nothing wrong with it. The song, Axl, DJ, Frank... nothing. And Ronald, man... the guys' a fuckin' genius. The tone, the playing... he nailed every note, every bend... everything.

Ron just fuckin' nails it! Never thought I would hear a guitar player play it better than the creator.

It happens... eventually. Like on this very own version :)

That's the best version of the song to date. At least to me. A good mix can do wonders to a song, right? (I'm pointing at you RIR mixing guy)

There's nothing wrong with it. The song, Axl, DJ, Frank... nothing. And Ronald, man... the guys' a fuckin' genius. The tone, the playing... he nailed every note, every bend... everything.

Ron just fuckin' nails it! Never thought I would hear a guitar player play it better than the creator.

I wouldn't go that far (especially regarding the solo) but he plays it well.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. people bitch when the band doesn't upload anything, then they do actually upload something and people start bitching about the sound quality. why don't you just be happy that the band is trying something new? they're new at doing this, give them a break and hope they do more and improve over time.

god, people around here just love to bitch and bitch.

You make it sound like if Slash's Mozart or Beethoven. What's wrong with the solo? Nothing. He's playing it how he wants to play it and much better than the other guy played it.

I'm not talking directly at you, but...

Seriously... what's wrong with half of this forum? PLEASE. Slash is a decent guitar player and every virtuoso could play exactly like him if they wanted. I mean, better than him because they wouldn't hit wrong notes and out of tune bends and all. Stop with the "He can't play like Slash" shit. It's getting old. And it's a pretty known fact that Slash ain't even on the same world as Ron (or Bucket for that matter) technically. Stop acting like that since some of you would be a laughing stock outside of these forums. Stop the clueless and retarded comments regarding Slash's ability to play a song like anybody else could.

Ron doesn't like this "Guitarist A vs Guitarist B" thing but some of you simply can't actually accept the reality as it is. It's unreal, it's retarded.

You make it sound like if Slash's Mozart or Beethoven. What's wrong with the solo? Nothing. He's playing it how he wants to play it and much better than the other guy played it.

Seriously... what's wrong with half of this forum? PLEASE. Slash is a decent guitar player and every virtuoso could play exactly like him if they wanted. I mean, better than him because they wouldn't hit wrong notes and out of tune bends and all. Stop with the "He can't play like Slash" shit. It's getting old. And it's a pretty known fact that Slash ain't even on the same world as Ron (or Bucket for that matter) technically. Stop acting like that since some of you would be a laughing stock outside of these forums. Stop the clueless and retarded comments regarding Slash's ability to play a song like anybody else could.

Ron doesn't like this "Guitarist A vs Guitarist B" thing but some of you simply can't actually accept the reality as it is. It's unreal, it's retarded.

It's like when Dave Lee Roth went solo and got Steve Vai in his band, or Ozzy getting Randy Rhoads after leaving Sabbath, Sammy Hagar working with Satch in Chickenfoot after VH, you have to get a virtuoso to fill the shoes of an established rock mainstay. And then we have the shred fans that come with it, if Robert Plant made an album with Yngwie Malmsteen, somebody somewhere would be talking up what a hack Jimmy Page is... :crazy:

I mean, it's neat to see guys like Ron wail on Riff Raff and Rosie, but at the end of the day he is covering their stuff, and Bucket's.

I notice bumble likes putting on hats in the middle of songs. I'm gonna toss up a dolphin hat. ; )

Haha, do it! Get it to the front row and give it to him. He'll certainly love to play Estranged wearing it...

Yeah I just dunno if he's gonna go for it:

k5519.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! He'd go for it, I'm sure. He loves to have fun and he'll have much fun with that... thing! :rofl-lol:

When will you attend a show? Seriously... get that hat (is that a hat?) with you to the show! I'd do it but I'm not attending any show :(

I know you mentioned this wasn't neccesarily directed at me, but I honestly really do prefer the way Slash plays it. Just like how someone can prefer BBF, I can prefer somebody else. My post wasn't intended to be a slight on Ron's end, but it was me being true to myself and honest about what I have preferred musically thus far. Nothing's wrong with the solo, I just perfer the way that Slash played it, that's all.

Edited by WhazUp

It's like when Dave Lee Roth went solo and got Steve Vai in his band, or Ozzy getting Randy Rhoads after leaving Sabbath, Sammy Hagar working with Satch in Chickenfoot after VH, you have to get a virtuoso to fill the shoes of an established rock mainstay. And then we have the shred fans that come with it, if Robert Plant made an album with Yngwie Malmsteen, somebody somewhere would be talking up what a hack Jimmy Page is... :crazy:

I mean, it's neat to see guys like Ron wail on Riff Raff and Rosie, but at the end of the day he is covering their stuff, and Bucket's.

I don't think it's much of a cover when you play your own parts, but whatever... he plays Bucket's and Slash's parts as well as his own. He's a part of the Chinese Democracy album, so he won't be covering anyone for that. Can you say that Bucket would be covering Ron if he gets to play Riad or even Shackler's? Using this logic, yes, he would.

I certainly wouldn't call Jimmy a hack, like I wouldn't call Slash a hack. But I'm sure Yngwie would be able to play everything he wanted to play with Robert Plant the way the wanted to play. People would say that he can't play like Jimmy. It wouldn't be true by any means.

I don't think it's much of a cover when you play your own parts, but whatever... he plays Bucket's and Slash's parts as well as his own. He's a part of the Chinese Democracy album, so he won't be covering anyone for that. Can you say that Bucket would be covering Ron if he gets to play Riad or even Shackler's? Using this logic, yes, he would.

I certainly wouldn't call Jimmy a hack, like I wouldn't call Slash a hack. But I'm sure Yngwie would be able to play everything he wanted to play with Robert Plant the way the wanted to play. People would say that he can't play like Jimmy. It wouldn't be true by any means.

But here's the thing: I have yet to hear anyone sound like Jimmy. Eddie Van Halen once said that someone can use his guitar, his amp, and his effects and play Van Halen songs but it still wouldn't sound like Eddie Van Halen was playing. People like Slash, Jimmy, Hendrix, etc. are impossible to copy the exact sound of because they are unique players. I highly doubt that Malmsteen will be able to sound exactly like Page - in fact I doubt that is possible. And I also highly doubt Ron could sound exactly like Slash (not that he should in the first place)

Edited by WhazUp

I know you mentioned this wasn't neccesarily directed at me, but I honestly really do prefer the way Slash plays it. Just like how someone can prefer BBF, I can prefer somebody else. My post wasn't intended to be a slight on Ron's end, but it was me being true to myself and honest about what I have preferred musically thus far. Nothing's wrong with the solo, I just perfer the way that Slash played it, that's all.

You never said that Ron wouldn't be able to play it, you just stated that you prefer Slash's way to play it. Nothing wrong with that, really. The real problem is that some people claim how Slash's stuff can't be played by someone else. It wasn't directed at you by a long shot and even the first line of my post wasn't directed exactly at you. My bad.

Have you guys heard Govan play "Who's best?". He plays every note of the piece of music he wrote just like any virtuoso out there (and hits all of them perfectly) and that's the pinnacle of skill and even taste since he created an amazing piece of music incorporating those guys' style. It's amazing to think how a guy like Govan (who's mastered every aspect of guitar playing if you ask me) would say that Ron's hands down the best guitarist out there. So trust me, Ron would hit every note how Slash used to hit. He simply doesn't want.

Since moreblack mentioned Yngwie I'm gonna post a piece of music much harder than anything Slash has ever played. This is a "Far Beyond The Sun" jam. Ron took a lil break of the clinic to play a part of that song...

Could you honestly say that this wasn't played by Yngwie if someone played you only the audio? I wouldn't certainly.

Oh, and here's Govan's vid if you want to check it out...

Could you honestly say that this wasn't played by Yngwie if someone played you only the audio? I wouldn't certainly.

I don't know, Yngwie has a very distinct sound, the tone, the vibrato, the feel, and a good chunk of it was missing in the way they did it. They were quoting it pretty rigidly, like he did with Estranged.

TAKE THIS SLASH/BUMBLE CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE. SLASH ISN'T IN THE BAND. SLASH CAN'T PLAY LIKE BUMBLE. BUMBLE CAN'T PLAY LIKE SLASH.

It's meaningless!

Meaningless!

Stop the masturbatory guitar commentary!

Can't we just say "wooo, they uploaded something to YouTube quick and dirty! For us! Sort of!"

You never said that Ron wouldn't be able to play it, you just stated that you prefer Slash's way to play it. Nothing wrong with that, really. The real problem is that some people claim how Slash's stuff can't be played by someone else. It wasn't directed at you by a long shot and even the first line of my post wasn't directed exactly at you. My bad.

Have you guys heard Govan play "Who's best?". He plays every note of the piece of music he wrote just like any virtuoso out there (and hits all of them perfectly) and that's the pinnacle of skill and even taste since he created an amazing piece of music incorporating those guys' style. It's amazing to think how a guy like Govan (who's mastered every aspect of guitar playing if you ask me) would say that Ron's hands down the best guitarist out there. So trust me, Ron would hit every note how Slash used to hit. He simply doesn't want.

Since moreblack mentioned Yngwie I'm gonna post a piece of music much harder than anything Slash has ever played. This is a "Far Beyond The Sun" jam. Ron took a lil break of the clinic to play a part of that song...

Oh, and here's Govan's vid if you want to check it out...

I agree with you with the fact that Govan is great. But like I said I perfer the way Slash plays the solo, and that's cool. It isn't all about technical skill, its also about the ability to create great sounding music using any method the musician wants to in order to achieve the sound they want. I still maintain the fact that i doubt Ron can copy Slash's exact sound (nor should he in the first place) just as I maintain that nobody can copy the soundscapes created by Page, Hendrix, Gilmour, etc. Which brings me to the point of the pointlessness of objectively comparing Slash to Ron - because music is innately subjective.