Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Estranged (Pro Shot - Oct 8'th)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • 10-October 07

That's the best version of the song to date. At least to me. A good mix can do wonders to a song, right? (I'm pointing at you RIR mixing guy)
There's nothing wrong with it. The song, Axl, DJ, Frank... nothing. And Ronald, man... the guys' a fuckin' genius. The tone, the playing... he nailed every note, every bend... everything.

Ron just fuckin' nails it! Never thought I would hear a guitar player play it better than the creator.

It happens... eventually. Like on this very own version :)

"When the whole world looks at me they see some other guy
Doesn't matter what I say, they all made up their minds
I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now
But I find the strength to smile somehow"

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,702 posts
  • 29-February 08

That's the best version of the song to date. At least to me. A good mix can do wonders to a song, right? (I'm pointing at you RIR mixing guy)
There's nothing wrong with it. The song, Axl, DJ, Frank... nothing. And Ronald, man... the guys' a fuckin' genius. The tone, the playing... he nailed every note, every bend... everything.

Ron just fuckin' nails it! Never thought I would hear a guitar player play it better than the creator.

I wouldn't go that far (especially regarding the solo) but he plays it well.

Sonic Reducer

Sonic Reducer

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • 21-April 11
The sound quality is very bad.

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09
I notice bumble likes putting on hats in the middle of songs. I'm gonna toss up a dolphin hat. ; )

"THEN COME ON NOW LET'S GOOO OOOO OOOO  OOOO OOOO!"

nambis

nambis

DEMI-GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • 13-April 05
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. people bitch when the band doesn't upload anything, then they do actually upload something and people start bitching about the sound quality. why don't you just be happy that the band is trying something new? they're new at doing this, give them a break and hope they do more and improve over time.

god, people around here just love to bitch and bitch.

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • 10-October 07

You make it sound like if Slash's Mozart or Beethoven. What's wrong with the solo? Nothing. He's playing it how he wants to play it and much better than the other guy played it.

I'm not talking directly at you, but...

Seriously... what's wrong with half of this forum? PLEASE. Slash is a decent guitar player and every virtuoso could play exactly like him if they wanted. I mean, better than him because they wouldn't hit wrong notes and out of tune bends and all. Stop with the "He can't play like Slash" shit. It's getting old. And it's a pretty known fact that Slash ain't even on the same world as Ron (or Bucket for that matter) technically. Stop acting like that since some of you would be a laughing stock outside of these forums. Stop the clueless and retarded comments regarding Slash's ability to play a song like anybody else could.

Ron doesn't like this "Guitarist A vs Guitarist B" thing but some of you simply can't actually accept the reality as it is. It's unreal, it's retarded.

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • 10-October 07

I notice bumble likes putting on hats in the middle of songs. I'm gonna toss up a dolphin hat. ; )

Haha, do it! Get it to the front row and give it to him. He'll certainly love to play Estranged wearing it...

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09

Haha, do it! Get it to the front row and give it to him. He'll certainly love to play Estranged wearing it...

Yeah I just dunno if he's gonna go for it:
Posted Image

"THEN COME ON NOW LET'S GOOO OOOO OOOO  OOOO OOOO!"

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,765 posts
  • 03-April 03

You make it sound like if Slash's Mozart or Beethoven. What's wrong with the solo? Nothing. He's playing it how he wants to play it and much better than the other guy played it.

Seriously... what's wrong with half of this forum? PLEASE. Slash is a decent guitar player and every virtuoso could play exactly like him if they wanted. I mean, better than him because they wouldn't hit wrong notes and out of tune bends and all. Stop with the "He can't play like Slash" shit. It's getting old. And it's a pretty known fact that Slash ain't even on the same world as Ron (or Bucket for that matter) technically. Stop acting like that since some of you would be a laughing stock outside of these forums. Stop the clueless and retarded comments regarding Slash's ability to play a song like anybody else could.

Ron doesn't like this "Guitarist A vs Guitarist B" thing but some of you simply can't actually accept the reality as it is. It's unreal, it's retarded.

It's like when Dave Lee Roth went solo and got Steve Vai in his band, or Ozzy getting Randy Rhoads after leaving Sabbath, Sammy Hagar working with Satch in Chickenfoot after VH, you have to get a virtuoso to fill the shoes of an established rock mainstay. And then we have the shred fans that come with it, if Robert Plant made an album with Yngwie Malmsteen, somebody somewhere would be talking up what a hack Jimmy Page is... :crazy:

I mean, it's neat to see guys like Ron wail on Riff Raff and Rosie, but at the end of the day he is covering their stuff, and Bucket's.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • 10-October 07

Yeah I just dunno if he's gonna go for it:
Posted Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! He'd go for it, I'm sure. He loves to have fun and he'll have much fun with that... thing! :rofl-lol:
When will you attend a show? Seriously... get that hat (is that a hat?) with you to the show! I'd do it but I'm not attending any show :(

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,702 posts
  • 29-February 08

I know you mentioned this wasn't neccesarily directed at me, but I honestly really do prefer the way Slash plays it. Just like how someone can prefer BBF, I can prefer somebody else. My post wasn't intended to be a slight on Ron's end, but it was me being true to myself and honest about what I have preferred musically thus far. Nothing's wrong with the solo, I just perfer the way that Slash played it, that's all.

Edited by WhazUp, 17 October 2011 - 02:52 PM.

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • 10-October 07

It's like when Dave Lee Roth went solo and got Steve Vai in his band, or Ozzy getting Randy Rhoads after leaving Sabbath, Sammy Hagar working with Satch in Chickenfoot after VH, you have to get a virtuoso to fill the shoes of an established rock mainstay. And then we have the shred fans that come with it, if Robert Plant made an album with Yngwie Malmsteen, somebody somewhere would be talking up what a hack Jimmy Page is... :crazy:

I mean, it's neat to see guys like Ron wail on Riff Raff and Rosie, but at the end of the day he is covering their stuff, and Bucket's.

I don't think it's much of a cover when you play your own parts, but whatever... he plays Bucket's and Slash's parts as well as his own. He's a part of the Chinese Democracy album, so he won't be covering anyone for that. Can you say that Bucket would be covering Ron if he gets to play Riad or even Shackler's? Using this logic, yes, he would.

I certainly wouldn't call Jimmy a hack, like I wouldn't call Slash a hack. But I'm sure Yngwie would be able to play everything he wanted to play with Robert Plant the way the wanted to play. People would say that he can't play like Jimmy. It wouldn't be true by any means.

funeral.

funeral.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • 04-May 10

did Axl pee himself? :blink:

I think he starved himself for a week cuz he really looks different from a bloater faced in Rio...

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,702 posts
  • 29-February 08

I don't think it's much of a cover when you play your own parts, but whatever... he plays Bucket's and Slash's parts as well as his own. He's a part of the Chinese Democracy album, so he won't be covering anyone for that. Can you say that Bucket would be covering Ron if he gets to play Riad or even Shackler's? Using this logic, yes, he would.

I certainly wouldn't call Jimmy a hack, like I wouldn't call Slash a hack. But I'm sure Yngwie would be able to play everything he wanted to play with Robert Plant the way the wanted to play. People would say that he can't play like Jimmy. It wouldn't be true by any means.

But here's the thing: I have yet to hear anyone sound like Jimmy. Eddie Van Halen once said that someone can use his guitar, his amp, and his effects and play Van Halen songs but it still wouldn't sound like Eddie Van Halen was playing. People like Slash, Jimmy, Hendrix, etc. are impossible to copy the exact sound of because they are unique players. I highly doubt that Malmsteen will be able to sound exactly like Page - in fact I doubt that is possible. And I also highly doubt Ron could sound exactly like Slash (not that he should in the first place)

Edited by WhazUp, 17 October 2011 - 03:01 PM.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,765 posts
  • 03-April 03

did Axl pee himself? :blink:

I think he starved himself for a week cuz he really looks different from a bloater faced in Rio...

Maybe he just sweats a lot, but either way there's some severe crotch wetness going on in his jeans on that video.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users