Estranged (Pro Shot - Oct 8'th)

Estrangedfx

The god damn mickey mouse voice still ruins it. It sounds like it did at Rio, I don't know why everyone's lying to themselves and saying it's improving. It's improving on other songs but he refuses to rasp Estranged. Maybe because it's so long? Either way, he's singing with falsetto which is unacceptable.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The god damn mickey mouse voice still ruins it. It sounds like it did at Rio, I don't know why everyone's lying to themselves and saying it's improving. It's improving on other songs but he refuses to rasp Estranged. Maybe because it's so long? Either way, he's singing with falsetto which is unacceptable.

80% of GN'R songs are falsetto (out of his normal reach, like Estranged), so it's quite acceptable.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I hope he's saving it, like you said he improved on some songs. I think he's getting back but doesn't want to go all-out because his voice isn't ready for it yet.

80% of GN'R songs are falsetto (out of his normal reach, like Estranged), so it's quite acceptable.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

It's a different way to do it, but if that's what it takes I'm sure the folks at the gig can't complain. Edited by moreblack

I hope he's saving it, like you said he improved on some songs. I think he's getting back but doesn't want to go all-out because his voice isn't ready for it yet.

Shouldn't he have gotten his voice ready before the tour? I'm sure you can't really tell when you're there live, but it's still a shame that alot of people are paying to see a guy who's still warming his voice up.

Ron does a good job of emulating Slash, even although there are off moments.

It would be more interesting to hear Ron do a Buckethead, and add something of his own, rather than attempt to emultate Slash.

Either way, Slash is better.

Ron does a good job of emulating Slash, even although there are off moments.

It would be more interesting to hear Ron do a Buckethead, and add something of his own, rather than attempt to emultate Slash.

Either way, Slash is better.

Yeah.

It would also be interesting to hear Slash emulate either Ron or Buckethead JUST ONCE.

Y'know, for shit n' giggles.

Thing is, these guys have been put in the position where they have to cover the material pretty faithfully and basically become part of the karaoke machine for Axl. Unless Slash joined a Bumblefoot or Buckethead cover band (if the world ever needs such a thing), there's no reason for him to even look at that stuff. It doesn't matter though, Clapton or Gilmour wouldn't do the Bucket or BBF stuff either, but they're still Eric Clapton and David Gilmour.

He can't cut the new material.

He could cut whatever he wants. There's nothing that could stop him if he wanted to.

Seriously, you don't see Ozzy singing Dio Era Sabbath, and Ritchie Blackmore would never play the Steve Morse or Tommy Bolin Deep Purple. Halford doesn't do any Tim Owens stuff. Same with Dave Lee Roth.

The only guy who's done other incarnation material has been Dickinson who sang Dianno, and Blaze Bailey stuff.

Edited by moreblack

Thing is, these guys have been put in the position where they have to cover the material pretty faithfully and basically become part of the karaoke machine for Axl. Unless Slash joined a Bumblefoot or Buckethead cover band (if the world ever needs such a thing), there's no reason for him to even look at that stuff. It doesn't matter though, Clapton or Gilmour wouldn't do the Bucket or BBF stuff either, but they're still Eric Clapton and David Gilmour.

Ok but for the reunion freaks...Axl has made it impossible for Saul to come back. He can't cut the new material.

That's like saying David Lee Roth shouldn't have rejoined Van Halen because he isn't going to sing Sammy Hagar's songs. Plus there isn't a rule saying that Slash would have to play any of the CD material if a reunion were to occur. So I wouldn't say "impossible" in terms of music

Edited by WhazUp

If Slash were to attempt to cover any of the CD songs, it would sound just like how he attempted to cover some of those STP songs for Scott Weiland ... sucky sucky!

You can tell by how much Axl dances and moves to songs, the new lineup plays with more groove and rhythm.

The way the new lineup plays the songs actually makes you want to get up and dance and move around. Where as the old lineup's groove and rhythm only made you want to stand and shake your head.

Axl loves to dance and move around, so the new lineup suits him much better.

And the sound of the new lineup is more *timeless*. They play the old songs like how they would have sounded had those songs been created and recorded in 2011.

Unlike Slash's style, the new lineup don't sound like some cheezy rock band from the '70-80s trying to rock out in 2011! LOL

If Slash were to attempt to cover any of the CD songs, it would sound just like how he attempted to cover some of those STP songs for Scott Weiland ... sucky sucky!

You can tell by how much Axl dances and moves to songs, the new lineup plays with more groove and rhythm.

The way the new lineup plays the songs actually makes you want to get up and dance and move around. Where as the old lineup's groove and rhythm only made you want to stand and shake your head.

And the sound of the new lineup is more *timeless*. They play the old songs like how they would have sounded had those songs been created and recorded in 2011.

Unlike Slash's style, the new lineup don't sound like some cheezy rock band from the '70-80s trying to rock out in 2011! LOL

I can't tell if you are trolling or not...

I can't tell if you are trolling or not...

I don't think he's trolling at all...he clearly is a fan and I agree with him 100%

At times I think you're trolling :shrugs:

And at times I think you are trolling too. We are clearly all fans here. But almost all of his posts seem to mimick yours and jumping on the "insult Slash" bandwagon. We have been through this same song and dance a million times and i refuse to take anyone who always finds a way to conitunually bash either Axl or Slash seriously. Not liking them is one thing, but resorting to always bashing them is different.

We have been through this same song and dance a million times and i refuse to take anyone who always finds a way to conitunually bash either Axl or Slash seriously. Not liking them is one thing, but resorting to always bashing them is different.

I agree but he did have MANY valid points especially the groove part.

And that's cool, I agree that this band has a lot of groove (even though I prefer the groove and foundation that Adler laid out, but that's for a different argument :thumbsup: )

The only real issue I have is the constant insults thrown towards Slash (or Axl, or any other current or ex-GNR members). They ALL have features that many different people on this forum like. It is 100 percent OK to not like Slash - that isn't really the problem. The issue is when the insults and immature bashing turned into a constant thing - which it has - and I can point towards your posts where that happens

Now before this "you are a cupcake' "no you are a cupcake" thing starts up, I just want to say that you do make some cool points on other topics and I agree with things you say - its not like I am here to shit on your posts, I just want to combat the rhetoric that has infected this forum - which includes the incessant and immature bashing of any past or present GNR member. Because by now everyone knows your views regarding Slash, and so the insults aren't getting your point across - it is more akin to beating a dead horse that has been eaten by a bear, spit up, and shit out.

We are all fans and respecting each others views by not constantly bashing other forum members is definitely the most productive thing to do in this case.

Edited by WhazUp