Would Axl Even Want It?

uzi your illusion

Axl is unfairly always bashed no matter what it seems like... He could donate 15 million dollars to breast cancer research, hold a concert for it, and people would still leave comments like: too bad he can't sing and is fat and that isn't REAL guns n roses!. It's sad, but true.

Axl is unfairly always bashed no matter what it seems like... He could donate 15 million dollars to breast cancer research, hold a concert for it, and people would still leave comments like: too bad he can't sing and is fat and that isn't REAL guns n roses!. It's sad, but true.

truth is the truth hurts don't you agree?

Angry, thanks for the post . I think theres another option though and its the one he's currently doing. The one where he lives off of the money made during his creative peak.The one where he gets to go into any studio in the world and record for however long he desires with a band he has hand picked ,with only having to pick up a phone. The one where tours are done in order to keep his custom of living along with strengthening the resolve of the band. The one where he calls the shot at how big or how small he feels comfortable with this band being, based on how much effort he desires to put forth. This is the one we've seen for the last decade and I truly think all the false starts over the years were Axl being coaxed into the thought of how big this band SHOULD be. However in the years following the CD launch it seems like he has firmly made up his mind and is more then happy with the level he has the brand/band at now. He seems content, and thats really all anybody should ask for.

a few bands have reached this level. The Stones, AC/DC, Aerosmith, I'm sure there's more, they are established rock bands but their past outweighs their present but nobody cares. Axl has really done alright in terms of making a record which at least tries to live up to the past. and the tours are great right?

The truth about Axl is that nobody knows but him and those very,very close to him. So, everything within in this thread is speculation and alot of the threads here are pure speculation. But, it was a well thought out thread ,which most here are not.

a few bands have reached this level. The Stones, AC/DC, Aerosmith, I'm sure there's more, they are established rock bands but their past outweighs their present but nobody cares. Axl has really done alright in terms of making a record which at least tries to live up to the past. and the tours are great right?

Wasted how many do you think have reached the level GNR has? I say the Beattles,Stones,Zeppelin,U2, and possibly Metallica ,and for that is it. AC/DC I do not feel it.

Wasted how many do you think have reached the level GNR has? I say the Beattles,Stones,Zeppelin,U2, and possibly Metallica ,and for that is it. AC/DC I do not feel it.

why not? you mean they arent as good? I just mean they have a solid fan base. but yeah bands like that. Queen, Van Halen. I don't know who is in these bands but they can tour and have legions of fans. there's a certain stability to these bands. like I went to see the Eagles. It's the Eagles. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you reach a certain point and you can't go or do anymore. The hard sell doesn't make much difference anymore. People know these bands and like them and buy tickets. for me Axl provided a record that should satisfy most while not completely just reguritating riffs. and the live shows deliver what people want.

The truth about Axl is that nobody knows but him and those very,very close to him. So, everything within in this thread is speculation and alot of the threads here are pure speculation. But, it was a well thought out thread ,which most here are not.

You're 100 percent right about this one. I fully admit that this entire thing is speculation, but its the best assumption I can make from the facts that I've seen and heard over the years. Glad you thought it was well thought out though, I don't post many threads but when I do I try to make them worth while.

guys Arenas and stadiums are sold out in many countries...Yes they are not what they were 18 years ago...but the arent "Hookesr and Blow"...(with all respect Dizzy Reed)

I saw Hookers N' Blow without knowing what it was or who it were. It's a pretty good act for small pubs and stuff to be honest.

But I get your point.

Fine then, but why not just do smaller shows. Don't put on a big fucking production and fail with it. If ya wanna be fuckin' low key. Do low key shit. Wanna do a bunch of ACDC covers, tour as Axl Rose and co. doing ACDC covers. The Biggest flaw in your whole theory is that Axl is doing this all under the name of what was at one time the biggest fucking band in the world.

Nobody is stopping him from that. Problem is he went out there and said he wanted to make Guns 'n Roses something more! Nobody made him do that. If he wants to be more low key, nobody is stopping him. Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for him (now I'm just kinda hoping I'll be surprised without actually rooting).

I don't know the ins and outs of it all by any means. Legalities aside, because for those issues, all we can do is guess. I'm just saying, Axl is trying to have it both ways... He wants to say that he is the last man standing for GnR, but clearly, and sadly, and nothing to do with anyone other than Axl himself (so far as I know, it's not like he has provided some counter-argument), current or past members aside, he is basically the only thing holding guns n roses down. Which is sad. Because he really could have been, and may still could be, the only thing to bring it back up. I'm at a loss as to how at this point so where I know where the OP was trying to go, I think he is mistaken. Yes, not everyone was going to accept the new GnR, but it still could have been something. It didn't happen. The new new GnR while fucking awesome, do not hold a candle to what GnR was. It has little to do with the new members. Is Axl content with this? Fuckin' maybe. He seems to be. Are we as fans? I'm not. I'm still fucking waiting for Axl to make it happen again. I was all there with CD. I was ready for the new direction.

Do I believe Axl was the dude who fucking drove GnR to the top? Fuck yeah!!! No where have I ever seen Axl say that GnR was too fucking big and he didn't want to deal with the pressure of being a huge success. His fans are still fucking waiting to be able to proclaim that Axl is still the fucking last real rock star. Perhaps we can still say that. But that was old Axl. If he don't wanna be, just fuckin' say it. "We're taking it low key now. Here's the new band, here are our new songs, here are some classics you might remember." Don't try to pull off huge fucking tours if you don't really feel like it.

Hey, weather sucks? Shit not going right? Don't get all pissy like a bitch, just fuckin' tell the fans... " hey, shit ain't fucking going like we planned, but we gonna make do biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!!!"

There are two fucking types of fans , er , three i guess. Three...

1. The Axl can do no wrong and this is clearly what guns n roses was meant to be ....people
  2. The "Axl needs slash and duff and either the original lineup or use your illusion lineup" people
  3. Or the people like me who are pretty much ok with Axl being the last man standing because he says he can fucking do it....people. (cd great fine, still waiting n shit cuz these aint the guys who made it with ya)

I still think he could, but I'm not really seeing it yet. I'm not seeing anything groundbreaking or anything worth not working with other members of the band. I don't doubt he was the driving force. Both to the top, and to wherever the fuck it is going now. I'm still fucking waiting. Luckily, I have other shit to keep me occupied, as does Axl apparently :)

You really like the f-word.

fuck can be a noun,pro-noun,adjective,predicate and a verb fyou.gifrofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gif

Fuck the fucking Fucker :thumbsup:

exactly thumbsup.gif

truth is the truth hurts don't you agree?

THAT was bad :)

Whether intentional or not - Axl Rose has faded into obscurity, along with the GN'R name. Chinese Democracy was a catastrophic letdown.

It doesn't mean there aren't a few good songs on there. Same with solo albums from Slash, Izzy, or Duff. I think it'd be impossible for their solo careers not to yield just ONE cool song.

Yet it would have been nice if Axl had let GN'R retire with "Sympathy For The Devil".

He started with good intentions but in the end the comeback and record beat him down, had CD been released in 02 or 06 then he would still be pushing gnr hard, in the end it seems he gave up trying to live up to the old band, oddly enough since he did this the bad have become better

I think we might be able to tell a lot about where his heads at on this matter once the interview airs.