GUNS N' ROSES Frontman Stops Monterrey Concert After Fans 'Throw S**t' On Stage - Oct. 24, 2011

axlr23

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose halted a live concert Sunday night (October 23) at Arena Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico after objects were thrown on stage during the group's performance. One minute into the concert's opening number, "Chinese Democracy", Rose stopped his band and warned the crowd that he would pack up and leave if they continued "throw[ing] shit."

"Is that what you wanna do?" Axl asked the audience. "'Cause we will go home. Is that what you wanna do — throw shit? We would like to have fun. You wanna have a good time?" He then told his bandmates, "Alright, let's just skip that song," before launching into "Welcome To The Jungle".

According to SDPNoticias.com, the city of Monterrey, Mexico imposed a fine of $870 (approximately 200 times the minimum wage) on the organizers of GUNS N' ROSES' concert at Arena Monterrey after the show was delayed by more than three hours. The band's late start was blamed by the organizers on "technical issues" and not directly on Rose — who is notorious for his late arrivals onstage.

GUNS N' ROSES earlier in the monthreleased a statement regarding reports that the band was two hours late for its performance at Rock In Rio in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil on October 2. The statement read, "GUNS N' ROSES would like to set the record straight on Rock In Rio. The festival's inadequate production and the downpour of rain delayed the event. Anyone who was there knows that SYSTEM OF A DOWN did not leave the stage until close to 1:15 in the morning. System's extensive stage production did not finish coming offstage until 1:45 a.m."

The statement added, "GN'R's production was up and ready to go at 2:15 a.m. Axl [Rose] got to the venue before 1 a.m. and he came ready to go onstage. The inadequate cover of the Rock In Rio stage caused a further delay when the soundboard went down due to water damage and was replaced as quick as possible. GN'R walked onstage at 2:40 a.m. and played for two-and-a-half hours in the pouring rain. GN'R would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans."

GUNS N' ROSES issued its statement a day after an organizer for Rock In Rio said that Rose's behavior exhibited "lack of commitment" and "respect for the public."

Promoters have lately been unwilling to put up with the band's habitual lateness. Organizers of the 2010 Reading festival pulled the plug on GUNS' set after they arrived onstage more than an hour late and went past the curfew.

According to The Pulse Of Radio, the group was fined $108,000 at an October 2010 show in London after the band went over the 11:00 p.m. curfew. Audience members were so irate at the band's late arrival that they threw things at Rose.

Promoters in the U.S. will get their own chance to clash with Axl Rose and his band when GUNS N' ROSES kicks off their first American tour in five years on October 28 in Orlando, Florida.

Fan-filmed video footage of the above-mentioned incident can be seen below.

http://http://youtu.be/gKgrwcFp8Bc

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but adore the media for their creativity and the way they compile the news. :wub: It's like something new in two and a half sentences and five paragraphs of some old rehashed stuff. :lol:

Why is it always Axl's fault?

To be or not to be, that is the question! :D

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

How is this news?

How many time has this happened in Axl's career? It's like somebody posting a new topic about how they heard Paradise City at a Hockey Game, this kind of stuff happens all the time with Axl Rose. There's always those one or two assholes who think it's funny to be yelled at by Axl and hide from security. They're just there to cause trouble, yell out "Where's Slash" and be dickheads.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

I can't help but adore the media for their creativity and the way they compile the news. :wub: It's like something new in two and a half sentences and five paragraphs of some old rehashed stuff. :lol:

Why is it always Axl's fault?

To be or not to be, that is the question! :D

lol. Just annoy's me that cuntbooks try and spend shit about the guy, when he's the only original gnr member making an effort.

It's like somebody posting a new topic about how they heard Paradise City at a Hockey Game
That's one hell of an idea! They should start including this sort of information in their news reports to make them even longer and they might as well consider inserting some clips from YouTube as a proof. :thumbsup:
There's always those one or two assholes who think it's funny to be yelled at by Axl and hide from security. They're just there to cause trouble, yell out "Where's Slash" and be dickheads.
If there are no troublemakers, this is not a GN'R show. :no:

According to SDPNoticias.com, the city of Monterrey, Mexico imposed a fine of $870 (approximately 200 times the minimum wage) on the organizers of GUNS N' ROSES' concert at Arena Monterrey after the show was delayed by more than three hours. The band's late start was blamed by the organizers on "technical issues" and not directly on Rose — who is notorious for his late arrivals onstage.

Wonder whose fault that was? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I seriously think that if this goes on, it is the worst start of the tour they can get in the US. The journalists at the Orlando show will be sceptic to begin with, if they have to wait 2-3 hours they are going to rip Axl to pieces, affecting the attendance and reception during the rest of the tour. I sure hope he can be reasonably on time and get a good buzz going, in lack of other promotion.

I just don't get it... How do you even feel abut yourself when you know thousands of people are standing in a small space waiting, maybe dehydrated, hungry, having to go to the bathroom, bored, pissed... How can he relax wherever he is at the time?! Getting the show started and having more time to relax afterwards seems so much more reasonable.

I seriously think that if this goes on, it is the worst start of the tour they can get in the US. The journalists at the Orlando show will be sceptic to begin with, if they have to wait 2-3 hours they are going to rip Axl to pieces, affecting the attendance and reception during the rest of the tour. I sure hope he can be reasonably on time and get a good buzz going, in lack of other promotion.

I just don't get it... How do you even feel abut yourself when you know thousands of people are standing in a small space waiting, maybe dehydrated, hungry, having to go to the bathroom, bored, pissed... How can he relax wherever he is at the time?! Getting the show started and having more time to relax afterwards seems so much more reasonable.

Meh, it's not like we didn't know it was going to happen. I'm just looking forward to hearing what all the nut swingers have to say in his defence yet again! :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Meh, it's not like we didn't know it was going to happen. I'm just looking forward to hearing what all the **I am a stupid cupcake;Just Ignore my post**ss have to say in his defence yet again! :shrugs:

Of course we did. I am just saying MY GOD clean up your act for the US or it will get really ugly.

Edit: hehe, quoted you too early there I see.

Edited by Changes

Of course we did. I am just saying MY GOD clean up your act for the US or it will get really ugly.

Edit: hehe, quoted you too early there I see.

Hahaha, yeah! Goddamn filter!

“We would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially our fans.”

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I knew it was only a matter of time before blabbermouth rushed an article out on this. It's like someone is sitting there waiting for Axl to do something, be it falling, telling a story or stopping a show.

It's what he's always been known for isn't it? (Well, except the falling)

Edited by Chris 55

Meh, it's not like we didn't know it was going to happen. I'm just looking forward to hearing what all the nut swingers have to say in his defence yet again! :shrugs:

I don't know who's fault it was but it was not Axl's. He never does anything wrong! :rolleyes:

My god, the media is really picking up every single little story about Axl these days. This has happened so many countless times, and I never saw it get a whole article before. These writers need to hop off Axl's dick.

"the media?"

its blabbermouth and a bunch of no name blogs that you probably would have never heard of if you didn't visit this forum.

The major issue with this kinda shit is that had people carried on throwing shit Axl really would've cancelled the show. There's no excuse for anybody to throw shit at any act that isn't Nickleback but he goes on late knowing that this kinda shit will happen because of it and then will end the show because of it, ruining things for 99% of the audience. Again there's no excuse but Axl, if you're going to deliberately piss off your fans you really can't act like such a pussy when some dickhead does something stupid it's not fair on the other few thousand people who patiently waited that extra three hours.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

The real problem happens if Tommy gets hit with a piss bottle to the head.

He hates to see beer wasted like that (Jke), throwing things. At the band is inexcusable regardless if Axl is late or not.

So people don't throw anything on stage while they wait, and then when axl starts singing they go "you fucking kept me waiting, fuck the $90 ticket and the great show that you have planned. I'm going to teach you a lesson for making me wait", it's pathetic.

The real problem happens if Tommy gets hit with a piss bottle to the head.

He hates to see beer wasted like that (Jke), throwing things. At the band is inexcusable regardless if Axl is late or not.

So people don't throw anything on stage while they wait, and then when axl starts singing they go "you fucking kept me waiting, fuck the $90 ticket and the great show that you have planned. I'm going to teach you a lesson for making me wait", it's pathetic.

Completely agree wth you. I'm just saying that Axl knows this kinda stuff is often a result of making the crowd wait for hours so he can't act as though he's shocked when it happens. Again it's not excusing the idiots throwing shit but he must know this is a potential consequence of constantly shitting on the people who pay good money to attend your shows.