GUNS N' ROSES Frontman Stops Monterrey Concert After Fans 'Throw S**t' On Stage - Oct. 24, 2011

axlr23

Somebody threw a fucking paper cup at him for crying out loud! Cry me a fucking river Axl! They should be renamed.

"Guns n' Roses - The Most Dangerous Band In The World Except For When A Little Damp Cardboard Gets Airborne!"

If I threw a paper cup at you, you'd be pissed.

Nope just did it to myself as a test with one from the water cooler in the office. Wasn't at all unpleasant really in fact I even missed myself by about ten feet just to make it extra realistic so I could really say I'd felt Axl's pain and could empathise completely! Of course I'd done nothing to warrant this blatant violation of my human rights so I imagine my sense of indignation at my treatment by myself should be so much greater than Axl's and yet I still don't feel the need to leave work and go home to hide under the covers. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody threw a fucking paper cup at him for crying out loud! Cry me a fucking river Axl! They should be renamed.

"Guns n' Roses - The Most Dangerous Band In The World Except For When A Little Damp Cardboard Gets Airborne!"

If I threw a paper cup at you, you'd be pissed.

Nope just did it to myself as a test with one from the watercooler in the office. Wasn't at all unpleasent really in fact I even missed myself by about ten feet just to make it extra realistic so I could really say I'd felt Axl's pain and could empathise completely! Of course I'd done nothing to warrent this blatent violation of my human rights so I imagine my sense of indignation at my treatment by myself should be so much greater than Axl's and yet I still don't feel the need to leave work and go home to hide under the covers. :shrugs:

You're totally right. People should be allowed to throw things at performers when they don't like the show.

What sucks is how many people are going to agree with this statement of yours just because it's funny (and it is funny). They'll all get a kick out of Axl being a crybaby for being afraid of a paper cup, and then they'll go right back to pissing their pants over the notion of staying out too late.

You're totally right. People should be allowed to throw things at performers when they don't like the show.

What sucks is how many people are going to agree with this statement of yours just because it's funny (and it is funny). They'll all get a kick out of Axl being a crybaby for being afraid of a paper cup, and then they'll go right back to pissing their pants over the notion of staying out too late.

What show would that be exactly then? Last I checked the issue at hand was the fact that there wasn't a show to form an opinion of either positive or negative cos old ginger bollocks had better things to do.

What show would that be exactly then? Last I checked the issue at hand was the fact that there wasn't a show to form an opinion of either positive or negative cos old ginger bollocks had better things to do.

You sure?

Last I checked, the show in Mexico went right on...

You sure?

Yes but if I'm not mistaken the incident happened before the first song was even over so your contention that it was in any way related to the quality of the performance is a little far fetched.

You sure?

Yes but if I'm not mistaken the incident happened before the first song was even over so your contention that it was in any way related to the quality of the performance is a little far fetched.

So this is semantics now?

Ok, then. In that case, I didn't say 'quality of performance' - I said they didn't enjoy the show. Opening band, waiting in between, etc. The whole experience.

Someone else asked earlier but I never saw the answer... when was the last time the concert actually got stopped entirely due to this issue? It gets threatened a lot and then the show goes on, which I keep mentioning and which keeps being ignored. Nobody missed a concert due to this happening.

You know, if Axl decided to play an extra long concert and people were late leaving and ran into all of the same problems they would from a late start - nobody would complain. Suddenly it would have been an awesome show and an amazing experience, etc. It isn't really about the late hour so much as it is that people just don't like sitting there waiting.

It's understandable, but really it just isn't that big of a deal.

Guns n' Roses show up late way more often than most bands out there.

Guns n' Roses get stuff thrown at way more often than most bands out there.

Coincidence ?

That's speculation. I doubt there are any records of this sort of thing (the second part, I mean)

Ok, then. In that case, I didn't say 'quality of performance' - I said they didn't enjoy the show. Opening band, waiting in between, etc. The whole experience.

It's not really semantics because by "the show" I would imagine anybody would take that to mean a time when there's actually a show happening. The waiting period is by defiition the time before the show and hence the basic absence of a show. This is the part that people get upset about plain and simple.

Someone else asked earlier but I never saw the answer... when was the last time the concert actually got stopped entirely due to this issue? It gets threatened a lot and then the show goes on, which I keep mentioning and which keeps being ignored. Nobody missed a concert due to this happening.

I don't know definitively but it happened when I saw them in Newcastle on the 06 tour because something was thrown. And for the record I didn't bash Axl for it on that occasion cos the show was only about 45 minutes late starting and the incident happened right at the end of the main set so we only missed the encore.

You know, if Axl decided to play an extra long concert and people were late leaving and ran into all of the same problems they would from a late start - nobody would complain. Suddenly it would have been an awesome show and an amazing experience, etc. It isn't really about the late hour so much as it is that people just don't like sitting there waiting.

Pretty much! An extra long concert that overran is a completely different issue. That's in no way anything to get upset about and why would it be? That shows a deliberate effort on Axl's part to give the fans something extra. Fans may still have to leave before the end of the show but at least by that point they've had what they paid for rather than missing half the show.

It's not really semantics because by "the show" I would imagine anybody would take that to mean a time when there's actually a show happening. The waiting period is by defiition the time before the show and hence the basic absence of a show. This is the part that people get upset about plain and simple.

I don't know definitively but it happened when I saw them in Newcastle on the 06 tour because something was thrown. And for the record I didn't bash Axl for it on that occasion cos the show was only about 45 minutes late starting and the incident happened right at the end of the main set so we only missed the encore.

Pretty much! An extra long concert that overran is a completely different issue. That's in no way anything to get upset about and why would it be? That shows a deliberate effort on Axl's part to give the fans something extra. Fans may still have to leave before the end of the show but at least by that point they've had what they paid for rather than missing half the show.

They cancelled an encore at that show, and it was a coin that got thrown - bit different from a paper cup, I'd say, and rather late into the performance to be due to anger from waiting for it to start.

I'm going to sleep now. Don't throw anything at anybody while I'm gone.

Edited by Used To Love Me

They cancelled an encore at that show, and it was a coin that got thrown - bit different from a paper cup, I'd say, and rather late into the performance to be due to anger from waiting for it to start.

Hence why I wasn't overly concerned and didn't blame Axl that night.

I'm going to sleep now. Don't throw anything at anybody while I'm gone.

:lol:

Guns n' Roses show up late way more often than most bands out there.

Guns n' Roses get stuff thrown at way more often than most bands out there.

Coincidence ?

I just wanna break the stage down so badly in the worst way...... that's the reason why I'll never go to GNR concert (unless history changes).

"Kill Your Idol".

By now I think all the fans should know Axl and GNR are going to run late. Get over it and be happy when they come out and perform and support them.

It's been going on since the beginning of GNR original version and now this band. If you don't like it, then stop bitching and just don't go.

Why are they always late? Who the hell knows? It's usually always blamed on Axl, but who really knows?

Be happy that Axl actually shows up and doesn't storm off the stage like he did 20 years ago. At least, Axl's made progress that way.

I don't care what the reason, I still don't think anyone should throw anything on stage at anyone.

Grow up, bitch about it to your friends after the show, but in the meantime, thank your lucky stars Axl is there!

By now I think all the fans should know Axl and GNR are going to run late. Get over it and be happy when they come out and perform and support them.

It's been going on since the beginning of GNR original version and now this band. If you don't like it, then stop bitching and just don't go.

Why are they always late? Who the hell knows? It's usually always blamed on Axl, but who really knows?

Be happy that Axl actually shows up and doesn't storm off the stage like he did 20 years ago. At least, Axl's made progress that way.

I don't care what the reason, I still don't think anyone should throw anything on stage at anyone.

Grow up, bitch about it to your friends after the show, but in the meantime, thank your lucky stars Axl is there!

187874075v5_480x480_Front_Color-White_padToSquare-truecopy.jpg

Ali

Listening to the Wriff (rock station in Detroit) and they had one of their rock girls do an update...guess who? She spoke About Axl falling and then the next night threatening to cancel the show if anything else was thrown on stage. She then told fans to brace themselves because Guns N' Roses were coming to the Palace, Dec. 1st.

187874075v5_480x480_Front_Color-White_padToSquare-truecopy.jpg

Ali

You first!

People don't like not getting exactly what they want.

I know when I bought my tickets to this Friday's show I was very clear to my girlfriend, who doesn't know shit about the band, that they will go on late. That they always do, it's always an hour or maybe two late... and she said "oh, cool." Not an issue.

People don't like waiting, but what they DO like is an excuse to behave badly, which is what they apparently have here since the world is willing to give them a free pass because Axl is an asshole sometimes. More often than Dave Grohl or Eddie Vedder or Jack White, so he's obviously an insufferable bastard.

Not like other people don't stop shows though...

I read the NY Post everyday and every week there are a couple of concert reviews - usually they are pretty straight forward but if an incident likes this happens they make a note of it and why it happened - so for a reporter covering the concert to report on an incident like this happening is not focusing on the negatives but actually reporting on the concert - think of it like a reporter reporting the score of the Cardinals game when they won 16-7 without mentioning anywhere in the article that Poujols hit 3 fucking Home Runs - I don't think it's anti-GnR bias as much as it is fact based reporting - if Axl doesn't want shit thrown at him, he should take the fucking stage on time

this. with some blogs there might be a slant, but most of the time these articles that the nutters are saying diss Axl are really just stating what happened.

Sure,you aren't biased at all,looking for another article to plagiarise Sunny?

Most media "journalists",in fact the mainstream media are addicted to writing negative-slant articles about GNR.It's a sure way for them to get noticed by writing derogatory,shit articles that is not-so-much reporting,than it is character assasination and moaning,bitching,and whining.

It honestly makes no sense to constantly berate GNR endlessly,ad nausem unless you are trying to use the name to get noticed like Blabbermouth,Hulk Hogan,Tim Butters, and some of you here do the exact same maneuvering. This is supposed to be a fan forum? Yet the same group of people constantly have nothing more redeeming to occupy their time with.

GNR has never followed the "rock blueprint" has never caved in,or sold out.Integrity trumps "following rules" in my book. I don't give a happy damn what time GNR takes the stage,and don't blame GNR for refusing to be a Target for some fucking idiot's misplaced rage.

If you don't like the way GNR does business,well you are taking it way too personally because you may not agree,or like the way things are handled but,not to sound trite it is none of your business,you can still appreciate the music,regardless.

While it's true that all the self-important keyboard jockeys that post anonymous shit remarks about GNR,don't matter and won't alter a thing,it's a disgrace to call this a GNR forum,and condone some of the comments that the cuntastic idiots post.That is why I left,why I don't plan on visiting regularly.Ignoring something you know is wrong is condoning it to remain.It is a handful of circle-jerks that make this a negative buzz-kill of a supposed "fan forum",its a travesty.

I'm fucking enjoying this tour,despite all the beleaguered whining insignificunts, cowering behind their keyboards and making "witty and edgy" comments that they tug off to,when mommy isn't watching and compensating for a lack in their lives. Not pointing the finger at only this forum, although if you read enough it is basically the same clown troupe under various usernames that populate the internet.

It's not by any means inclusive of everyone here,prayers & positivity to the members that can,and obviously do appreciate and support GNRs,the hateraid squad can go straight to hell,and I honestly hope that all the negativity you spawn comes back to you threefold.Karma,baby! :thumbsup:

you've got problems dude

I read the NY Post everyday and every week there are a couple of concert reviews - usually they are pretty straight forward but if an incident likes this happens they make a note of it and why it happened - so for a reporter covering the concert to report on an incident like this happening is not focusing on the negatives but actually reporting on the concert - think of it like a reporter reporting the score of the Cardinals game when they won 16-7 without mentioning anywhere in the article that Poujols hit 3 fucking Home Runs - I don't think it's anti-GnR bias as much as it is fact based reporting - if Axl doesn't want shit thrown at him, he should take the fucking stage on time

this. with some blogs there might be a slant, but most of the time these articles that the nutters are saying diss Axl are really just stating what happened.

Sure,you aren't biased at all,looking for another article to plagiarise Sunny?

Most media "journalists",in fact the mainstream media are addicted to writing negative-slant articles about GNR.It's a sure way for them to get noticed by writing derogatory,shit articles that is not-so-much reporting,than it is character assasination and moaning,bitching,and whining.

It honestly makes no sense to constantly berate GNR endlessly,ad nausem unless you are trying to use the name to get noticed like Blabbermouth,Hulk Hogan,Tim Butters, and some of you here do the exact same maneuvering. This is supposed to be a fan forum? Yet the same group of people constantly have nothing more redeeming to occupy their time with.

GNR has never followed the "rock blueprint" has never caved in,or sold out.Integrity trumps "following rules" in my book. I don't give a happy damn what time GNR takes the stage,and don't blame GNR for refusing to be a Target for some fucking idiot's misplaced rage.

If you don't like the way GNR does business,well you are taking it way too personally because you may not agree,or like the way things are handled but,not to sound trite it is none of your business,you can still appreciate the music,regardless.

While it's true that all the self-important keyboard jockeys that post anonymous shit remarks about GNR,don't matter and won't alter a thing,it's a disgrace to call this a GNR forum,and condone some of the comments that the cuntastic idiots post.That is why I left,why I don't plan on visiting regularly.Ignoring something you know is wrong is condoning it to remain.It is a handful of circle-jerks that make this a negative buzz-kill of a supposed "fan forum",its a travesty.

I'm fucking enjoying this tour,despite all the beleaguered whining insignificunts, cowering behind their keyboards and making "witty and edgy" comments that they tug off to,when mommy isn't watching and compensating for a lack in their lives. Not pointing the finger at only this forum, although if you read enough it is basically the same clown troupe under various usernames that populate the internet.

It's not by any means inclusive of everyone here,prayers & positivity to the members that can,and obviously do appreciate and support GNRs,the hateraid squad can go straight to hell,and I honestly hope that all the negativity you spawn comes back to you threefold.Karma,baby! :thumbsup:

you've got problems dude

That's for sure this dude needs to find a nice place to rest for awhile! He apparantly believes in karma I think some has just got him.