GUNS N' ROSES Frontman Stops Monterrey Concert After Fans 'Throw S**t' On Stage - Oct. 24, 2011

axlr23

The major issue with this kinda shit is that had people carried on throwing shit Axl really would've cancelled the show. There's no excuse for anybody to throw shit at any act that isn't Nickleback but he goes on late knowing that this kinda shit will happen because of it and then will end the show because of it, ruining things for 99% of the audience. Again there's no excuse but Axl, if you're going to deliberately piss off your fans you really can't act like such a pussy when some dickhead does something stupid it's not fair on the other few thousand people who patiently waited that extra three hours.

I guess as small compensation, Axl does at least give them a chance :thumbsup:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with you Dazey, and there would still be a small proportion of the crowd who would throw stuff if Axl was on time however obviously if he's late it's much more likely to occur.

The situation sucks, and it must suck for the rest of the band who are usually waiting backstage for Axl, and wanting to get started but can't.

Edited by gunns5

Agreed with you Dazey, and there would still be a small proportion of the crowd who would throw stuff if Axl was on time however obviously if he's late it's much more likely to occur.

If he was on time I wouldn't hesitate to back him 100% even if he pulled the plug before the first note of Chinese Democracy was played. Axl's not stupid though so he needs to take responsibility for what can happen when you keep thousands of people waiting in a venue with an open bar and nothing to keep them entertained. It's like going to a Halloween party in Harlem dressed as a Grand Wizard of the KKK and complaining that you woke up in the gutter covered in bruises with all your teeth missing! Actions have consequences and if you antagonize people you can't be surprised when some respond badly!

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

According to The Pulse Of Radio, the group was fined $108,000 at an October 2010 show in London after the band went over the 11:00 p.m. curfew. Audience members were so irate at the band's late arrival that they threw things at Rose.

What a load of shit... Some empty cups were thrown around at the font between the audience, not at the stage. If this is how they report 'news' then how can we take this site seriously? Blabbermouth has lost massive amounts of credit in the last month.

My god, the media is really picking up every single little story about Axl these days. This has happened so many countless times, and I never saw it get a whole article before. These writers need to hop off Axl's dick.

"the media?"

its blabbermouth and a bunch of no name blogs that you probably would have never heard of if you didn't visit this forum.

Exactly right.

My god, the media is really picking up every single little story about Axl these days. This has happened so many countless times, and I never saw it get a whole article before. These writers need to hop off Axl's dick.

You are so damn right. How many times do they have to bring up events that Axl did like 20 years ago or even a year ago. It's like the Ghost of rock shows past that keeps haunting Axl!

As for stupid fans throwing shit, when will that shit stop? Supposed they hurt Axl or a band member? What then?

REmember the bottle incident with Sebastian Bach? Some asshole threw a bottle at Bach and hit him and he threw it back, but unfortunately hurt an innocent girl. He went to court and everything for it. Meanwhile, what happened to the dick who threw the bottle in the first place? Did he even care that he caused the whole thing? BAch shouldn't have thrown the bottle back, but hey sometimes you get so angry and hurt you just react. I can understand that.

Here is DAllas, no bottles of any kind are allowed. All beverages are in plastic cups. You can't even take in a plastic water bottle. People need to think before they do stupid shit at shows. If you don't like the song, just sit quietly or go outside, don't ruin it for the rest of us or hurt the band or anyone else.

I think those fans who do that should be thrown out of the venue and fined. Then maybe the shit will stop. I'd hate to see someone badly hurt before something is done about these dickheads.

I'm surprised Axl continues to play these cities. I wouldn't if it were me. Then maybe the security in these venues might get better.

As for stupid fans throwing shit, when will that shit stop?

Just guessing but maybe right around the same time the show starts when it's supposed to?

You must be kidding right? Or just trolling?

With your juvenile logic I can throw shit at people if I am unhappy?

Fuck off

Hahaha, you do get yourself excited don't you? I can't be bother to type it again so I'll just quote what I've already posted on the last page. You'll notice I specifically say there's no excuse for throwing anything at the stage.

The major issue with this kinda shit is that had people carried on throwing shit Axl really would've cancelled the show. There's no excuse for anybody to throw shit at any act that isn't Nickleback but he goes on late knowing that this kinda shit will happen because of it and then will end the show because of it, ruining things for 99% of the audience. Again there's no excuse but Axl, if you're going to deliberately piss off your fans you really can't act like such a pussy when some dickhead does something stupid it's not fair on the other few thousand people who patiently waited that extra three hours.
Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

I read the NY Post everyday and every week there are a couple of concert reviews - usually they are pretty straight forward but if an incident likes this happens they make a note of it and why it happened - so for a reporter covering the concert to report on an incident like this happening is not focusing on the negatives but actually reporting on the concert - think of it like a reporter reporting the score of the Cardinals game when they won 16-7 without mentioning anywhere in the article that Poujols hit 3 fucking Home Runs - I don't think it's anti-GnR bias as much as it is fact based reporting - if Axl doesn't want shit thrown at him, he should take the fucking stage on time

I just wish he wouldn't continue to stop in the middle of the song when shit like this happens. It only gives the morons who throw shit on-stage what they want and gives people more ideas to do stuff like this in the future when they see how much it gets to Axl. I'm sure it's frustrating, but he's been doing this long enough to realize there are always gonna be people like this at concerts. Just let security handle it, that's what they're there for.

Hopefully there aren't incidents like this once the US tour starts, but I'm sure there will be.

When was the last time GNR actually stopped the show and went home? Have any happened with the new band(s)? Not canceled, but stopped mid-show. Surely it had to have happened a few times, but I can't remember any off the top of my head.

With your juvenile logic I can throw shit at people if I am unhappy?

Fuck off

Yes, you can. You can do whatever you want: you can throw shit, take a piss, slam the doors, tell them to fuck off and whatnot. Just don't forget that you're responsible for what you're doing. And don't act all suprised when eventually they take you to court, kick you in the balls or storm off stage. Edited by Scumcat Esq.

I read the NY Post everyday and every week there are a couple of concert reviews - usually they are pretty straight forward but if an incident likes this happens they make a note of it and why it happened - so for a reporter covering the concert to report on an incident like this happening is not focusing on the negatives but actually reporting on the concert - think of it like a reporter reporting the score of the Cardinals game when they won 16-7 without mentioning anywhere in the article that Poujols hit 3 fucking Home Runs - I don't think it's anti-GnR bias as much as it is fact based reporting - if Axl doesn't want shit thrown at him, he should take the fucking stage on time

this. with some blogs there might be a slant, but most of the time these articles that the nutters are saying diss Axl are really just stating what happened.

this. with some blogs there might be a slant, but most of the time these articles that the nutters are saying diss Axl are really just stating what happened.

So Nutters are people who are fans of Axl Rose and the current band? People that are fans of the band that the forum is about?

So what is your juvenile nickname for the group of posters who come here and bash Axl in every post?

If he was on time I wouldn't hesitate to back him 100% even if he pulled the plug before the first note of Chinese Democracy was played. Axl's not stupid though so he needs to take responsibility for what can happen when you keep thousands of people waiting in a venue with an open bar and nothing to keep them entertained. It's like going to a Halloween party in Harlem dressed as a Grand Wizard of the KKK and complaining that you woke up in the gutter covered in bruises with all your teeth missing! Actions have consequences and if you antagonize people you can't be surprised when some respond badly!

DUDE EXACTLY! I agree with Every. Fucking. Word.

Not exactly. Two wrongs don't make a right. No ifs, ands or buts about that.

Ali