Pricing of merchandise at the US shows

bigcountry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is I've bought a ton of concert t-shirts over the years and I'm positive I never spent $40 on one.

I'm not saying that I don't mind the prices (cause I agree it is a lot of money) but I have seen a shitload of bands the past couple of years and all the well known bands were charging an average of $35 bucks a shirt give or take a few bucks

That price isn't outrageous at all. Prices have skyrocketed in the last few years. In '08, Maiden shirts were $25 in the US. This year in Florida, they were up to $40 a shirt, and in the UK the USD equivalent was nearly $50 (And the quality has gone down as well!). Rush used to be $25, paid $45 this year. Even smaller bands are jacking up the prices. Anvil's tour shirts are up to $35! I think the least I paid all year for a tour shirt was $30 for Slayer/Rob Zombie.

I can live with $40, so long as they're good quality shirts.

Edited by Powerage5

That price isn't outrageous at all. Prices have skyrocketed in the last few years. In '08, Maiden shirts were $25 in the US. This year in Florida, they were up to $40 a shirt, and in the UK the USD equivalent was nearly $50 (And the quality has gone down as well!). Rush used to be $25, paid $45 this year. Even smaller bands are jacking up the prices. Anvil's tour shirts are up to $35! I think the least I paid all year for a tour shirt was $30 for Slayer/Rob Zombie.

I can live with $40, so long as they're good quality shirts.

Yup, long as they are fruit of the loom and will last.

I begrudge paying lots, but if it is quality and a good design...

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I begrudge paying lots

I begrudge paying a significant sum for anything; but the Chinese worker tee is so nice.

photobucket-4550-1319840742434.jpg

I hope, but am unconfident, it will become available online.

I think we have Dj to thank for a lot of these (if not all) new merchandise instalments.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

40 short sleeve. 50 longsleeve. 80 sweatshirt. 125 jacket.

Oh boy, more money more money! lol

Well, most shows I see the merch starts at $35 for shirts and up, so this isn't really alot by today's standards.

I will probably get a short sleeved shirt. hopefully, the designs are cool with the tour dates. longsleeves don't get worn much in Dallas. I also have a GNR sweatshirt and usually I don't wear a heavy coat here.

I begrudge paying lots

I begrudge paying a significant sum for anything; but the Chinese worker tee is so nice.

I think we have Dj to thank for a lot of these (if not all) new merchandise instalments.

Pretty awesome shirts. Is that one in the right upper corner have the band members on it? Anyway, definitly getting a t shirt.

Less money from selling CDs translates to charging more for merchandise.

Most bands charge this for their merch today even bands that make tons of money and have number 1 records.

I've seen A7X 3 times in the past year and their merch runs the same. Same for Britney, Lady Gaga, Backstreetboys and New Kids, Bullet for my Valentine, Adam Lambert, HIM.

doesn't matter if they're making money from cds or not, this is the standard price for merch these days.

$40 for a short sleeve t-shirt??? Seriously??

orr you could buy one from a bootlegger in the parkinglot for 20.00

When I saw Crue over the summer there were some sick shirts being hucked in the parking lot. those guys were making the money there....and it was good merchandise as well. made me wonder if they really were "bootlegs" maybe second quality runs that the merchandisers knew would sell cuz people didnt want to pay 40.00 for a shirt

lol I had that happen at a couple of shows I've been too, kiss, disturbed and a daughtry show.. they had some pretty tight shirts for $20.. I've always wondered if it was bootleggers or was it legit merch guy.. can anyone from Miami or o-town say if this was going on after the show?

I begrudge paying lots

I want those 3 on the left (snakes, worker, Axl). Bad-ass. Can't find a pic of the one I bought at the O2 last year, it said GNR at the front and was 'bleeding'. Also have a 'How Are You?' Grenade one from Hot Topic that I got back in summer '09 in Virginia, remember I was really pleasantly surprised to find a ChiDem t-shirt in a shop :)

the link has been posted before or you can just go on photobucket and type mistersaintlaurent. http://s1122.photobucket.com/profile/mistersaintlaurent

you'll go further in life if you don't act like a rude ass when you want something.

I don't read every single of your posts. I also googled "photobucket mistersaintlaurent" but got nowhere.

thanks for the life lesson, now i'm sure to get far in life! how can i ever re-pay you?