Pricing of merchandise at the US shows

bigcountry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the $80 hoodie at the ATL show. I can post a pic if anyone wants to see it. I also bought a short sleeved North American Tour Tee and a Beanie for my nephews. I will post pics of those, too. They were $40 and $30, respectively. My daughter was amazed that I paid that much for a hoodie but, it's not just a hoodie, it's a Guns N' Roses hoodie! Can't be a cheapskate there!! Lol.

I thought $80 was pretty good, actually. I was prepared to pay $100 for a hoodie. I'm addicted to them. I can get a tee anytime.

Walking outa the concert in ATL, I bought a $10 tour shirt from a husler.....Just like the ones for fourty. So, if you dont want to pay $40, but really want a shirt, just wait til after the show, and get one... :thumbsup:

lol I've done this at the last 10 or so shows I've been to. Iron Maiden, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzfest, etc...

Walking outa the concert in ATL, I bought a $10 tour shirt from a husler.....Just like the ones for fourty. So, if you dont want to pay $40, but really want a shirt, just wait til after the show, and get one... :thumbsup:

lol I've done this at the last 10 or so shows I've been to. Iron Maiden, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzfest, etc...

I've only done this once, at a Pantera concert. Around here most of those shirts are totally different from the official merchandise sold in the venue.

Haven't been to a concert in many years. But I remember the Green Day shirts were $25 back during the American Idiot tour. Of course, their tour had many sponsors. Conversely, I saw System of a Down around the same time and their shirts were about $40. Few if any sponsors for their tour, which is why I figured their merch was so high. Got Green Day but no SOAD.

May take a chance on getting a shirt for $10 outside as I like the hoodie. But $80 is steep...

EDIT - do they take credit cards or just cash???

Edited by SALonghorn

I'm not going to lie, if I can afford it I'll be buying three tshirts. The one with the snakes, the worker and the one with Axl on it.

Is the shirt of Axl now or a cartoon or him?

I would like to get the Axl Rose shirt. I've paid close to $50 bucks for a t shirt at the Britney Spears show. It seems to me the more money some performers have,t he more they charge. Lady Gaga was the same way. Then Adam Lambert wanted $50 for a tank top with his face on it.

Mostly I"ve paid $35 for t shirts like A7X and Bullet for my Valentine.

I'd say $35 is like the norm for a shirt.

Most hoodies are like $50 or more and if they have jackets they're well over $100 or more.

This might be the only GNR's US tour, so I'm making sure I get a shirt with the US tour dates on it. And maybe the Axl shirt too. :)

Go to my FaceBook to see the hoodie, beanie and tee that I bought. The shirts that were sold outside the venue were a lot cheaper but, they were also NOT the same ones. They had slight lettering imperfectiions or dates were wrong on the tour dates. They didn't have hoodies either. Oh, and the hoodies are the zip up kind so they are worth paying a little more, in my opinion. (I'm usually a cheapskate! Lol)

www.facebook.com/debbiebrittbroadway

Oh, and yes, they took credit cards at the Atlanta show, too.

Edited by DebbieNgeorgia

I bought the $80 hoodie at the ATL show. I can post a pic if anyone wants to see it. I also bought a short sleeved North American Tour Tee and a Beanie for my nephews. I will post pics of those, too. They were $40 and $30, respectively. My daughter was amazed that I paid that much for a hoodie but, it's not just a hoodie, it's a Guns N' Roses hoodie! Can't be a cheapskate there!! Lol.

I thought $80 was pretty good, actually. I was prepared to pay $100 for a hoodie. I'm addicted to them. I can get a tee anytime.

I bought a Guns N' Roses hoodie for $25 online.

The thing about the shirts for $40 ... are they soft cotton? How is the fit? I'd hate to throw down that much and get some shit-fitting shirt with thick (cheap) cotton material that makes me sweat like a whore in church.

Go to my FaceBook to see the hoodie, beanie and tee that I bought. The shirts that were sold outside the venue were a lot cheaper but, they were also NOT the same ones. They had slight lettering imperfectiions or dates were wrong on the tour dates. They didn't have hoodies either. Oh, and the hoodies are the zip up kind so they are worth paying a little more, in my opinion. (I'm usually a cheapskate! Lol)

www.facebook.com/debbiebrittbroadway

Oh, and yes, they took credit cards at the Atlanta show, too.

The address you gave doesn't work.

Sorry, my FB name is: Debbie Britt Broadway. Just find me and look at my photos. I'm on my iPhone and I don't know how to post the pics on here from it. I will add you if you send a friend request.

:)

The shirts are soft and the men's L is pretty big. I bought a XXL hoodie and it is huge. I like mine big.

The tee is a Hanes, which is a good brand, and 100% cotton, probably don't want to dry on high. The hoodie is made in Pakistan but, really soft and warm. It has been cool here the past 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'll feel differently when I actually get to the show tomorrow, but so far none of this merch interests me. That's very strange for me, I usually love the merch and buy a ton at each show. Again, maybe I'll feel differently when I get there and see it in person tomorrow.

$40 for a shirt that cost 50 cents to make?

Is there a different way to pay this tour when they don't release new music?

Don't buy then... stop spreading negativity in all threads.

Negativity? How many copy's of Chinese Democracy where sold in the U.S during the past 3 years? Just beeing realistic, that's all. 1 t-shirt = 2 albums

More like "reality".

Bands make their $ off tours and merch. The record company gets most of the cd sales.

Negativity? How many copy's of Chinese Democracy where sold in the U.S during the past 3 years? Just beeing realistic, that's all. 1 t-shirt = 2 albums

For a while there, it was 20 albums for the price of 1 t-shirt :)

Edited by Chris 55

More like "reality".

Bands make their $ off tours and merch. The record company gets most of the cd sales.

Yeah. but droezle said they use merch to pay the tour :rofl-lol: