Civil War and Yesterdays

Kid A

Does anyone know why Axl refuses to play these live with the new band? Has he said anything in any interviews before?

Personally I wish he would drop either Live and Let Die, Riff Raff, or Rosie for one of these, particularly Yesterdays.

In the chats he did here he mentioned that he might be open to playing Estranged, and Civil War. So who knows, we might get it sometime down the road. Maybe it needs a campaign like those crazy fucks in South America did for Estranged lol !

Edited by uzi your illusion

I completely agree with you. They should definitely put those back on the set lists. I mean, Rosie is an awesome song and they play it quite well, same thing with Riff Raff... but you can't have 4 cover songs on a single concert. It's way too much. If you count the jams and guitar solos, they play 7-8 non-GnR songs on a single concert, leaving out fan favorites like Civil War, Yesterdays, Pretty Tied Up, Think About You, etc... Specially Civil War and Yesterdays. I'd love to see those two live. Yesterdays on Live Era is epic, it's an amazing song indeed, and they (Yesterdays and Civil War)were co-written by Axl, so the only excuse for not playing it would probably be vocal wise.

Yes, Yesterdays is easily one of my favorite old GN'R live pieces, and I don't really know a lot about the technicalities behind vocals, but it seems like a simple enough song for Axl to handle vocally.

Civil War just baffles me that they haven't played it once... it was a staple in old GN'R set lists.

I prefer Dead Horse than Yesterdays, and is true, at the begining of the tour, a lot of people said that "Estranged" and "Civil War" would be on this tour, and "Estranged" is on the setlist now :D maybe some day CW too :)

I'm waiting for OH MY GOD :)

A lot of fans do, and I can't say that I hate any of the songs, I just like more ones over the others. Coma, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up etc. I love the UYI songs, replace the jams and the covers with them and it's gonna be an EPIC SHOW

Edited by MishoGunsNRoses

If we're gonna name songs we'd love to see the new band play, I'd have to say Don't Dame Me, and Breakdown...I especially love the bridge (slowed down) part in Don't Damn Me....Axl's voice in that part has always been one of my favorites. Not sure if he could still pull them off though....that honestly might be a reason why some of the songs we'd all love to hear so much don't get played...for example, when was the last time they did Right Next Door to Hell? Seems like the tempo and range he sang that in back in the day might be a little out of his current range...

If we're gonna name songs we'd love to see the new band play, I'd have to say Don't Dame Me, and Breakdown...I especially love the bridge (slowed down) part in Don't Damn Me....Axl's voice in that part has always been one of my favorites. Not sure if he could still pull them off though....that honestly might be a reason why some of the songs we'd all love to hear so much don't get played...for example, when was the last time they did Right Next Door to Hell? Seems like the tempo and range he sang that in back in the day might be a little out of his current range...

The slow part in Don't Damn Me doesn't sound very hard range wise, but the reason it sounds awesome is because of all the overdubs! If we are talking about the same part, that is :)

Yes, Yesterdays is easily one of my favorite old GN'R live pieces, and I don't really know a lot about the technicalities behind vocals, but it seems like a simple enough song for Axl to handle vocally.

Civil War just baffles me that they haven't played it once... it was a staple in old GN'R set lists.

you joined today and you're a supporter? wow

I prefer Dead Horse than Yesterdays, and is true, at the begining of the tour, a lot of people said that "Estranged" and "Civil War" would be on this tour, and "Estranged" is on the setlist now :D maybe some day CW too :)

I'm waiting for OH MY GOD :)

This, Oh My God would be epic live from what I've heard of the sound-check performance. Would easily get the crowd going, but then again Shackler's Revenge does a pretty good job and I hope they keep it in the set, it's bloody brilliant. Civil War would be great to see, but honestly I'm pretty happy with Estranged, and would prefer to see the new songs like Catcher In The Rye or There Was A Time in the set. The covers are well and all, but only KOHD should really stay, just because it sounds phenomenal live. Yesterdays I can do without honestly, its a good song, but not worth being in the set in my personal opinion.

Been lurkin' for a while bro

it would be cool to have those songs performed again

in indianapolis there is a very cool civil war memorial/museum

it might seem logical to break'em back out in naptown

and to top if off it would be awesome if duff n izzy were too

show up to perform it. that would blow the roof off the joint.

BBF said yesterday that he loves Civil War and yesterdays and thet they were on the list of songs to add to the set.

Awesome. I am still amazed that civil war wasn't a huge hit.

Seems like the direction Axl wanted to go with the band. An intellect song, as opposed to party anthems like paradise city.

haha, i said the same thing in another thread. you said it nicer i think.

I would love to see either but mostly yesterdays. here in Iowa theres a radio station out of des moines that has a pick 6 every weekday. You pick your six faves and hope they pick you to play them on the radio. mine got picked and they played "Better"and "yesterdays" for me. The DJ and I both agreed that its one of the most unerrated gnr songs and he was stoked i picked it