EDDIE TRUNK & SOME AXL AUDIO CLIPS LIVE TONIGHT

jimmyfos

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really understand the whole "Nobody asked" thing. Someone explain it to me?

He said other band members, like Frank, come up to him and say, "Frank really wants to do this song" and Axl will reply "Well, nobody asked Frank." He was joking when he said it because they were talking about all the stress on his voice from doing 3 hour shows and he said the band tries to get him to do more songs each show.

From that clip I have a feeling the other members were the ones really pushing to add Estranged to the setlist.

Edited by Cruel Intentions

I didn't really understand the whole "Nobody asked" thing. Someone explain it to me?

He said other band members, like Frank, come up to him and say, "Frank really wants to do this song" and Axl will reply "Well, nobody asked Frank." He was joking when he said it because they were talking about all the stress on his voice from doing 3 hour shows and he said the band tries to get him to do more songs each show.

Hmm, I didn't catch that. I thought he just meant that everybody were more into it now and that that happened between tours.

From that clip I have a feeling the other members were the ones really pushing to add Estranged to the setlist.

Ahh, right! Thank you.

Hmm, I didn't catch that. I thought he just meant that everybody were more into it now and that that happened between tours.

I don't know if he meant in between tours or in between shows while on the tour...either way, I thought that's what he was saying. Like, he was just giving an example that other members of the band push him to do more songs because they really are into playing together now and like being out there.

That was great. Sounds like he's in great spirits! "Now the guys will come to me and say, Hey Frank wants to put this song in the set and I'm like well you go tell frank who asked him! haha" Obviously is meant to be a joke guys haha, he's poking fun at how freakin' long the set list is as it is.

Great stuff, thanks for the links and YouTube postings. Love his honesty on it being ''a good night, not that it's an anomaly,..." lol. He really has been in great form this tour once he got out of the Rio rains.

Also loved, in a very Déjà vu moment, where he still says ''warm ups and warm downs''. It's 'cool downs', as any vocal coach'll tell ya, but he's been calling it 'warm downs' for some reason since one of his last on cam interviews, before UYI was released, said here at 5:50. I love it, another true "Axlism"!

Edited by axlskAmpf

Thanks for posting links. :)

Off topic: Did anyone hear when he called Iommi? Were there any news about Sabbath reunion?

There is a big announcement soon that it is rumored to be just that. Rather than let the cat out of the bag early on Eddie's show, they talked about it as a hypothetical situation.

Great stuff, thanks for the links and YouTube postings. Love his honesty on it being ''a good night, not that it's an anomaly,..." lol. He really has been in great form this tour once he got out of the Rio rains.

Also loved, in a very Déjà vu moment, where he still says ''warm ups and warm downs''. It's 'cool downs', as any vocal coach'll tell ya, but he's been calling it 'warm downs' for some reason since one of his last on cam interviews, before UYI was released, said here at 5:50. I love it, another true "Axlism"!

Haha, great to hear Axl was into this song:

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Maybe that is exactly why. He wanted to do his best but felt he was too tired and want people to know that.

Good point. Realistically though, how far did the late start inhibit Trunk’s interview “prowess”? That Metal Show is generally simplistic so far as questions. There’s a prepped set and little press upon certain aspects of certain questions, but that’s about it.

Trunk is, whether inadvertently, getting a little whiny. He should focus on the fact the interview happened at all.