Erin Everly @ the Atlanta GNR show :o

Down on the Shore

You people are freaks for having even a 3 page thread about an ex-girlfriend from Axl from more than a decade ago visiting a concert.

+1

Be fair to them.. there's little else to talk about in 'their world' :D

Why do u even post here?

All you do is post negative crap about GnR and its fans.

Shouldn't u be in the former members or VR section? Since Slash and VR have sooo much more going on than Axl does?

Sorry man, he/she/whatever ran away a long time ago. It won't be back to answer any questions. That's why it is way more pathetic than someone like Bobbo. Bobbo actually explains why he feels the way he does, instead of saying something incredibly stupid, then hiding.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that you are fans, but 'OMG OMG OMG his ex was there'-type of threads belong on a backstreet boys forum. GNR is a rockband.

Come on, it's not that bad. Most people have NOT said OMG but more like "cool! I wonder what she thought?".

She is not just an ex. She was Axl's girlfriend and wife during very important years for GN'R, she inspired lyrics to some of our favorite songs, they had a tumultuous relationship in the public eye, it ended really badly with a well-known lawsuit and Axl hasn't really had any known girlfriends since those years. That she was there was some fun trivia and there is room for that too.

Look, the woman was married to Axl and inspired the song Sweet Child O Mine - for GNR fans, this is something like Priscilla going to see Elvis and is completely a legitimate topic of discussion for a GNR fan forum. SCOM is an important part of the GNR canon and important to many GNR fans, so the curiosity is natural. For instance, years ago on another forum, I once argued with a GNR hater who questioned Axl's lyrical abilities in relation to this song and his argument was basically that Erin Everly's eyes were green and that Axl took too much artistic liberty. (that may or may not have been a legitimate point of view, but that was the first thing I looked for in trying to ascertain whether these pics were real :tongue2: )

Plus, no backstreet boy has had someone like a Stephanie Seymour or an Erin Everley attached to them, who would STILL attend their concerts 20 years after divorcing them and filing lawsuits against them. The Ax man has charisma that rivals any rock God and that's part of his mystique - after all, it's a big part of why all these cupcakes who hate him still loiter around here.

I'm not ashamed to be a GnR nerd. All the haters can go fuck themselves. Erin Everly was the subject matter of a very well-known GnR song. So all the cooler-than-thou judgmental morons can go to some other forum.

This is what these forums are all about: for the hardcore historian-caliber fans to obsess over minutiae and rare facts.

You think this is bad? You ain't seen shit. Go to starwars.com and read some of those messageboards. In all honesty, you guys are lightweights compared to the obsession factor of Star Wars fans. Believe it.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

You people are freaks for having even a 3 page thread about an ex-girlfriend from Axl from more than a decade ago visiting a concert.

+1

Be fair to them.. there's little else to talk about in 'their world' :D

You're pathetic. You spend more time in "their world" whining about things than almost everybody here. You're just a sad little cupcake with no life.

+1

And it kinda is a big deal for GNR fans that Erin went cause to our knowledge (or at least mine anyways) she left Axl on very bad terms. I mean a law suit about domestic violence is big deal and then suddenly she's at a GNR concert watching the man she claimed abused her perform and also posts a picture of it online where she must know fans will see it. You cannot blame fans for being interested in this! She wasn't Axl's wife no. 4 or whatever, she was his first and only wife and she could've been the mother of his child if she hadn't miscarried. Axl never having married since, never had children, never having gotten a family - yeah I don't know if it was entirely because of Erin but I think it's safe to say that it probably had something to do with her. Yes he had Stephanie after but that didn't work and since then the public doesn't have a lot of info on his romantic life (not that it's any of our business) so she sorta still is the woman in Axl's life as he has never found someone since her that he'd wanna marry or have a family with, or I'm assuming this cause he hasn't gotten married or had kids. If it's because he said "fuck this, I'm done" and decided he was never gonna get married or have kids or if it's because he just hasn't met anyone he thought of as worthy of being his wife like he did with Erin I don't know but either way, she sure must've had a huge impact on Axl and his life since he has never (in over 20 years) committed to a woman like he did with Erin. So having said that I think it's pretty natural that fans find this interesting and are curious about it.

Isn't she violating her own restraining order? Doesn't it work both ways? Hypocrite.

What are you talking about?

From what I've read, Erin Everly had a restraining order set up against Axl as a part of their legal settlement and usually it's something like: person x can't come within y feet of person z...and so my thought was that the order should technically work both ways...that she can't come with y feet of Axl because that would violate the terms of the restraining order...so being at the show...she'd be breaking the law...and I'm thinking that if you're gonna get a restraining order against sb. then better stick to it...you can't have your cake and eat it too...that's what I was talking about...I'm not sure whether the restraining order is still active or not..but in my opinion it's a testament to the fact that female minds work in mysterious ways...

Isn't she violating her own restraining order? Doesn't it work both ways? Hypocrite.

From what I've read, Erin Everly had a restraining order set up against Axl as a part of their legal settlement and usually it's something like: person x can't come within y feet of person z...and so my thought was that the order should technically work both ways...that she can't come with y feet of Axl because that would violate the terms of the restraining order...so being at the show...she'd be breaking the law...and I'm thinking that if you're gonna get a restraining order against sb. then better stick to it...you can't have your cake and eat it too...that's what I was talking about...I'm not sure whether the restraining order is still active or not..but in my opinion it's a testament to the fact that female minds work in mysterious ways...

Sounds like bullshit, why would be restraining orders be part of a civil case? Either way, I'm guessing those restraining orders rarely are lifetime sentences.

Edited by Changes

Sounds like bullshit, why would be restraining orders be part of a civil case? Either way, I'm guessing those restraining orders rarely are lifetime sentences.

Except for that lady who lived next to Axl that got a wine bottle to the dome :shocked:

Where did that picture first appear anyway??

I just did some stalkerish facebook digging and found her real profile (you won't find her if you just type her name into the search), but she has all her settings set to private, so unless you're friends with her you won't see anything. I'm guessing she posted the picture on her facebook and one of her fb friends must have leaked it...

i actually had a conversation with that woman at the atlanta show and had no idea it was Erin!

What did she say?

Don't laugh, but while standing in line for a drink...Erin and I talked about the weather (literally) and the bad traffic in Atlanta. Then I asked if she was worried that Axl wouldn't show up, she smiled and laughed then replied that there is always that chance. I had no idea (at the time) that it was Erin. I just knew she looked really familiar. We started to walk away and she touched my arm and said have fun.

i actually had a conversation with that woman at the atlanta show and had no idea it was Erin!

What did she say?

Don't laugh, but while standing in line for a drink...Erin and I talked about the weather (literally) and the bad traffic in Atlanta. Then I asked if she was worried that Axl wouldn't show up, she smiled and laughed then replied that there is always that chance. I had no idea (at the time) that it was Erin. I just knew she looked really familiar. We started to walk away and she touched my arm and said have fun.

Cool, thanks! :thumbsup:

This is very big news, Erin Everly and/or Stephanie Seymour were probably the number 1 inspirations for more than half of the songs on Chinese Democracy.

lol

Ok, I admit that it would be even bigger news if the Mr. Riad and the Bedouins stepped in and started a World War III inside a concert arena.

LMAO. :lol:

GOAL!!!!!

Guys, it's not just any ex-girlfriend of Axl's. It's Erin Everly, perhaps the most important chick affiliated with GN'R since before they made it big. She and Axl were married, for Pete's sake.

Only one person has said a cross word about Erin.

And come on, like you don't find it odd and interesting. I seriously don't understand how people can follow a band and not have an opinion regarding this kind of thing or the possibility of someone being an alcoholic. Maybe some don't understand why I do care, though. :P

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

But, all the same - if it really is Erin Everly (and I don't know if there really are any valid FB pages of her out there and whether this pic is for real) you can't help wonder why she's there. Wasn't she the one who sued Axl and claimed abuse? Maybe she wanted to get a kick out of hearing that song live - with Uncle Axl being in top form, i'm sure she would have.

Edit : I can imagine that some loony from here is going to end up asking Axl about this - please don't :crazy:

Was wondering this myself. It's bizarre to say the least. I don't know what her reasoning was, but it raises some questions.

Ali

She's obviously put all that shit behind her, this often happens once you get older have a family and realise the more important things in life. Good on her I say!!

Actually, I always wondered if the reason why Axl never booked Atlanta shows on the two previous tours (2002 & 2006) was because he knew she was here. Maybe he has made peace with her and actually invited her to the show. Who knows? Perhaps they went out to dinner or something the night before. They were in town with nothing going on. It could be the reason why he was in such a good mood.