That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the original cover for appetite was going to be the challenger explosion, damn!

made this myself to see how it could look like.

appetite1065x1056.jpg

Looks cool to me! :)

Idiot, I saw this happen I live in Orlando and there was nothing cool about it. People died that day and the people that lost their loved ones would never describe this as "cool."

GOD DAMN I cant stand overly sensitive people. Axl SAID their original plan for the cover was the Challenger explosion. What are you crying about? Of course no one thinks it's cool that people died. Are you retarded?

the original cover for appetite was going to be the challenger explosion, damn!

made this myself to see how it could look like.

appetite1065x1056.jpg

Looks cool to me! :)

Idiot, I saw this happen I live in Orlando and there was nothing cool about it. People died that day and the people that lost their loved ones would never describe this as "cool."

GOD DAMN I cant stand overly sensitive people. Axl SAID their original plan for the cover was the Challenger explosion. What are you crying about? Of course no one thinks it's cool that people died. Are you retarded?

Easy man,some people dont comprehend "Dark Humor" Sometimes its the only way to stay sane,Im totally stealing this picture

Wonder what they woulda thought about the original concept for the Sweet Child Video? Yeah,playing Devils Advocate here humor me :rolleyes:

Edited by sailaway

Seemed to me like Axl did a few lines of coke before the interview, anyone else notice that

A few can's of coca cola.. yes..

Hmmm...not sure about that, he babbled alot, and his jaw looked jacked lol, and never took his glasses off

See,its uninformed stupid speculation like this that fuels the jets of unscrupulous media journalists,and starts idiotic assumptions and rumors,and provides stupid-assed naieve cuntastic headlines to trashbag rags to print,discuss and repeat.

• 1 year later...

Ok Im new here and Im sure this has been asked before but Where/How can I watch That Metal Show interview with Axl Rose? Its like is has been erased from the internet which is pretty amazing.

Obviously I understand wanting to see it, but don't kill yourself looking for it. Its out there somewhere, but it was really a huge disappointment. I'm a big fan of That Metal Show so I was really looking forward to what they'd say. I couldn't imagine what they'd talk about. Honestly, I don't remember much of what they talked about as it was such an uneventful forgettable interview. Eddie Trunk went totally easy on him (I understand why but it was still disappointing), the interview didn't happen till like 3 in the morning so they all seemed alittle tired, DJ Ashba just sat there like a log not speaking. The whole thing was really dumb, but yeah I guess its worth watching. Just saying it won't be as good as you, or we all, think it will be.

Some excerpts I remember:

-The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction is coming up, will you be there? Well I know the fans really like the idea so we'll see.

-Why can't you get onstage on time? I used to be late to school all the time when I was a kid!

-Live And Let Die clip

-The first 10 minutes was the show's whole journey of getting to the concert.

-I know you guys have been playing Riff Raff and Whole Lotta Rosie this tour. Thats cool, but I wish we could have heard both tonight. We played both tonight!

In the end, I remember it being about a half an hour interview when you cut out everything minus Axl, and most of the questions were vague or uninteresting, combined with rambling answers from Axl that pretty much told us nothing. Again, a pretty massive failure.

Yeah i would like to see it though.... and it is not out there. No youtube, torrent, stream, takin off VHI , I mean i spent an hour with different search engines and just couldnt find it. I'm seriously impressed it was been able to get wiped clean from the internet like that.....

How nostalgic. Remember this thread as if it were yesterday. Can't believe it's going on two years already. Even I was excited and intrigued for this interview. Seemed so out of the ordinary, and seemed like Axl had some important things to say/reveal to the general public.

He didn't. The biggest reveal from this interview was about Axl wanting to use the Challenger explosion as the cover for Appetite.

Overall, another missed opportunity. Don't waste your time.