That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

On the "late starts" segment, something came to mind about people lying, and the symptoms:

Unusual Body Language: Body movements and facial expressions are the best indicators of catching a lie. When a person is telling a lie his body language will slightly start changing. The person's body would soon get stiff because of the nervousness and his body movements will talk about his discomfort. There will be a change in his breathing pattern. Usually the breathing gets deeper and can get audible at times. There will be unusual and untimely postural shifts in his body. His actions will start looking defensive, with his shoulders pulled up and elbows more into sides.

Hand Movements: A person who is lying will have two types of hand movements. The first type is defensive in which palms are closed and fingers are tight. The second type is fidgety in which a person will fidget a lot with his hands while talking. He will be restless and will make too many hand movements that could be easily noticed.

Unusual Pauses: The speech of a liar will be full of unusual pauses. This happens because while a person is telling a lie he has to think of a story which he fakes as an answer to any given question. Thinking about a picture and making up a story takes time. Even an ace liar will take at least a few seconds to think of a story and tell a lie. So, watch out for unusual breaks in a liar's speech.

Slight Delay in Replying/Answering: The reason behind the slight delay in replying is same as that of unusual pauses. It also happens because a liar's sensory pattern slows down while telling a lie. On being asked a question about minute details, the person will tend to get defensive at first to avoid a delay in replying. He would then, take a little pause and continue telling a lie. One should be able to read between the lines, besides just observing the body language.

Now, the thing that I noticed the most was his hand movements whilst explaining everything. He also wasn't being direct about the reason why he starts late, he kind of talks around the situation and remains vague. If the whole interview is aired, and it is prooven that he only does this in specific parts in the interview such as this, I'm afraid he's lying (making up stuff).

this guy is an A grade cunt, for numerous reasons I wouldn't even have the time to explain. Fucking pathetic!

:lol:

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“A lot of people think I sue everybody. But the reality is I get sued a lot. And I don’t really sue anybody back… not half as many as I’d like to. [laughs] Or I have time to.”

And why does Axl get sued a lot? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Funny, I knew this comment was from you before I even looked at who wrote it.

Why is it always so important to you to always have to point out the negative side of things?

I understand it is extremely important to you and a couple others to hold Axl accountable for everything he has ever done since he was three years old. I don't get it, or understand why you would want to....but I know its very important for you.

But why????

Here is a funny little quote that most people got a chuckle over. Why do u have to try and bring the mood down with your comment? I don't get the purpose. We all know about Axl's past.

If your buddy stole a piece of candy from you in first grade, do you bring it up for the rest of your friendship? At his wedding, when people are giving toasts.....do you stand up and say what a happy day it is, BUT people don't forget this guy is a thief.

You can say all you want about me as a poster, I really don't care. I'm here as a fan of Axl and GnR. Serious question.....why do you come here, when almost everything you post is pointing out negatives about Axl and the band? If anybody says something positive about Axl or the current band, you are always quick with a passive-aggressive comment about how they are wrong.

Why?

+Fucking 1.

classicrawker (and some other people) miss some great opportunities to shut the fuck up... :shrugs:

On the "late starts" segment, something came to mind about people lying, and the symptoms:

Unusual Body Language: Body movements and facial expressions are the best indicators of catching a lie. When a person is telling a lie his body language will slightly start changing. The person's body would soon get stiff because of the nervousness and his body movements will talk about his discomfort. There will be a change in his breathing pattern. Usually the breathing gets deeper and can get audible at times. There will be unusual and untimely postural shifts in his body. His actions will start looking defensive, with his shoulders pulled up and elbows more into sides.

Hand Movements: A person who is lying will have two types of hand movements. The first type is defensive in which palms are closed and fingers are tight. The second type is fidgety in which a person will fidget a lot with his hands while talking. He will be restless and will make too many hand movements that could be easily noticed.

Unusual Pauses: The speech of a liar will be full of unusual pauses. This happens because while a person is telling a lie he has to think of a story which he fakes as an answer to any given question. Thinking about a picture and making up a story takes time. Even an ace liar will take at least a few seconds to think of a story and tell a lie. So, watch out for unusual breaks in a liar's speech.

Slight Delay in Replying/Answering: The reason behind the slight delay in replying is same as that of unusual pauses. It also happens because a liar's sensory pattern slows down while telling a lie. On being asked a question about minute details, the person will tend to get defensive at first to avoid a delay in replying. He would then, take a little pause and continue telling a lie. One should be able to read between the lines, besides just observing the body language.

Now, the thing that I noticed the most was his hand movements whilst explaining everything. He also wasn't being direct about the reason why he starts late, he kind of talks around the situation and remains vague. If the whole interview is aired, and it is prooven that he only does this in specific parts in the interview such as this, I'm afraid he's lying (making up stuff).

I thought the same thing...his hand movements and stuff were really noticeable during that part of the interview. He also never really directly answered the question (I never really expected a clean cut answer of "this is why I'm late..." anyway) and made it more about why he was late on-stage in 1991 more than anything else. That still doesn't explain the other years of going on late. I did laugh at the end when he started talking about him always being late even as a kid hahaha.

BTW, I wish he would've ditched the shades for the interview. And every time he moves his hands it sounds like a cash register opening with his bracelets clanking together lol.

the guy gives an interview in a decade and u focus on his hand movements...that's the way he's always spoken...u want to know what he's saying and when he doesnt say exactly what u want to hear he's lying...so to me personally, ur no different than the TMZ reporters who after seeing the band live at the Rose Bar wrote about Axl sweating and not the concert.... but i get it in a way...sometimes the reality in ur head is more exciting than what's before ur eyes...it's just sad that that's sort of become the unofficial credo for Guns N' Roses vs. the public

Jesus, guy, RELAX. I never said he's lying, I said that his answer was pretty much what you could expect. He wasn't literally going to sit there and give a list of reasons why he's late onstage - I never expected him to. I go out of my way to defend Axl and the band all the time, so don't make it sound like I'm just somebody who looks to bash the guy over every single thing he does. I still said the interview was great and I've been looking forward to it ever since it was announced. Seriously, it's like if you say one thing that could be construed as negative towards Axl or the band you're gonna get your f'n head taken off by some people here.

And BTW...when you're giving your first interview in a decade, like you said, people are going to focus on everything. You're forgetting that for new fans of Guns (by "new" I mean teenagers/young adults who have only recently discovered old GN'R records within the last several years) this probably IS one of the first interviews they're seeing of Axl.

+1. I understood what you were trying to say. Making up excuses and not answering the question directly, well we knew he was going to do that. He will never explain why he's always late because it's Axl fuckin' Rose. OMG! Those cry babies.

Nice find...thanks for posting. Frdiay is gonna be great (but Sunday better 'cause I'll see him live!)

Yeah, I can't wait for Friday. I'm still on an Axl Rose/GNR high, so seeing him again so soon after the concert, is going be cool.

Oh, you are going to have the most awesome time every on Sunday! This show was so fuckin amazing, I'm still going over it in my mind. So damn good! You are going to love it!

Wow. Now you know why Axl doesn't do more interviews. People will nitpick everything he says to death. And apparently try and analyze hand movements to accuse him if lying.

Obviously some people sit around and dream up ways to try and antagonise fans of this forum. About once a week some new weird complainer will surface.

+1. I've been saying this ever since I joined this forum - the man cannot win!

Also, Axl's always "talked" with his hands a lot so unless you wanna claim he's always lying then the hand movement thing's pretty lame "proof" of Axl lying

Here's an example of the hand "talking"

3 minute clip here- http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/axl-rose-interviewed-on-that-metal-show-20111109

Eddie- "When I asked him about a new record he (Axl) just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'"

I remember an interview with Slash from back in the day, when he was asked about releasing a new album, he said: "It's Guns N' Roses man, when it's done it's done". So I believe that's gonna apply to present too :)

Wow. Now you know why Axl doesn't do more interviews. People will nitpick everything he says to death. And apparently try and analyze hand movements to accuse him if lying.

Obviously some people sit around and dream up ways to try and antagonise fans of this forum. About once a week some new weird complainer will surface.

+1. I've been saying this ever since I joined this forum - the man cannot win!

IKR?!

and this is supposed to be a fans forum!

3 minute clip here- http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/axl-rose-interviewed-on-that-metal-show-20111109

Eddie- "When I asked him about a new record he (Axl) just said, 'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'"

Not exactly the answer people want to hear, but at least he's not setting people up for a disappointment by setting any self-imposed deadlines. I hope Eddie asked him about all the material he supposedly has done already, too.

Jim explaining how they got the Axl interview.

http://t.co/wzopXGRm

Pretty interesting.

Cool, I liked the part how Axl didn't know about the interview until after the concert, Do you think Del put off telling him?

Edited by gunns5

Pretty interesting.

Cool, I liked the part how Axl didn't know about the interview until after the concert, Do you think Del put off telling him?

I'm pretty sure it was discussed before the tour that he should do an interview to promote the tour, but didn't say when. I thought what Jim said about Dice was a good analogy, and Jim knew going in how this could've played out. They're prob. all going to be at the NJ show so who knows who will show up on Trunk's radio show...

Eddie- "When I asked him about a new record he (Axl) just said,'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'"

Not exactly the answer people want to hear, but at least he's not setting people up for a disappointment by setting any self-imposed deadlines. I hope Eddie asked him about all the material he supposedly has done already, too.

'

Which translates to: "I don't want to go there, I don't even want to think about it".

I wonder why he is so quirky about writing/releasing new music? I can see why the long painful process of making CD would make him a bit jaded about things, but that is behind him and he is free to focus on whatever he wants musically, and with a great group of players to support him. Why so fearful and lacking confidence all of a sudden?

Eddie- "When I asked him about a new record he (Axl) just said,'I'd love to at some point, we'll see.'"

'

Which translates to: "I don't want to go there, I don't even want to think about it".

I wonder why he is so quirky about writing/releasing new music? I can see why the long painful process of making CD would make him a bit jaded about things, but that is behind him and he is free to focus on whatever he wants musically, and with a great group of players to support him. Why so fearful and lacking confidence all of a sudden?

Maybe he doesn't want to personally set up expectations with all the heat he took after saying "people will hear music this year" a few years ago. With DJ and others talking about releasing music, Axl probably guesses that he doesn't have to himself. He'll do things when he's ready. No harm done in keeping on asking him for music.

My feeling though is that he needs to tour more - show more people that he is alive and kicking and that there is a great band that he's got now. Also, more interviews like this one would help change the general perception about him. You can see that even on youtube, the comments about Axl and Guns are much more balanced nowadays. Releasing an album with more favorable public opinion, momentum, interviews etc might be a better idea than what they did with Chinese.

'

Maybe he doesn't want to personally set up expectations with all the heat he took after saying "people will hear music this year" a few years ago. With DJ and others talking about releasing music, Axl probably guesses that he doesn't have to himself. He'll do things when he's ready. No harm done in keeping on asking him for music.

My feeling though is that he needs to tour more - show more people that he is alive and kicking and that there is a great band that he's got now. Also, more interviews like this one would help change the general perception about him. You can see that even on youtube, the comments about Axl and Guns are much more balanced nowadays. Releasing an album with more favorable public opinion, momentum, interviews etc might be a better idea than what they did with Chinese.

Pretty interesting.

Very interesting to hear. It's pretty crazy how everybody who works for Axl's management team just walks on eggshells around him and they don't know how to approach him about interviews and stuff that they've booked without even telling him, yet he was so cool during the interview.

'

I'd rather have him give the answer he gave than have him talk about there being "X" number of CDs worth of material that they're working on and should be out soon or something. We'll obviously know more from when we see the full interview on Friday, but most of his answers seem to indicate that he's just very much open to living in the moment right now and will worry about the next album, the Hall of Fame, and all that shit when the time comes. I just hope he does do more press and stuff because that's the only way the new band is going to get noticed.

I have to agree. Not that Axl is obligated to put out another album just because we want it, but after the year long tour in 2010 and the US tour finally happening, one would think the next course of action would be a re-issue and/or new record. I mean, they can't really do ANOTHER world tour without new buzz and material. Well, they can, but a new record would help fuel that tour.

Having said that though, one thing is clear. Axl is ALWAYS working on music in one form or another. Whether it be laying down vocals, arranging guitar parts or solos etc. I think he is just being vague about the next record as to not cause a stir among the online fans. Probably is no release date set and a whole lot of shit to deal with the record label so "we'll see" is referring to that. The "I'd love to" part sounds pretty promising though.

Sure he'd love to. But for all we know the record label doesn't want to...

Exactly.

It's going to be the manager's job to convince the label to put out new product and support the product, and convince them they can all make money on it.

I think.

It's one of those "It's not Axl's call" things. You don't just tell Universal "hey! new album! release this and get airplay for me, please!"

I'm convinced this manager isn't hired to help the tour run smooth. It's to help them do what they need to do once the tour is over.