Omaha 11/8/11

Freeaxl

Love the start times now (totally respectable).

Good review of Omaha: http://www.omaha.com/article/20111109/GO/111109563#guns-n-roses-plays-til-the-wee-hours

Who the fuck would leave mid concert? (wierd)

"As the night wore on, many people began to leave even though the band hadn't yet played songs such as "November Rain" (they did get to the piano/guitar ballad eventually). By the end of the concert, about half of the original crowd remained in the arena."

Unless a band sucks, why would you leave early? I mean I left U2 early (they suck and I was dragged to show), but GnR/Axl Rose...no way I'm bailing mid show. You never know when you'll see Axl again.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this thread died before it began! Does anyone have a proper setlist?

I feel like these threads only work when you're around lol

I do like doing the updates for sure, however I am very ill right now and can't be at the puter for very long. Can you guys find the setlist and pics and videos? COME ON!!!!!!

I like doing them too, but there was absolutely nowhere to get them. No twitter, no jarmo, and very rarely did GN'R post anything. Feel better man

Dexter Intro

1.Chinese Democracy

2.Welcome To The Jungle

3.It's So Easy

4.Mr. Brownstone

5.Sorry

6.Estranged

7.Rocket Queen

8.Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

9.Live and Let Die

10.This I Love

11.Riff Raff

12.Better

13.My Generation

14.Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

15.Street Of Dreams

16.You Could Be Mine

17.DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

18.Sweet Child O' Mine

19.Instrumental Jam

(Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2)

20.Axl Rose Piano Solo

(Someone Saved My Life Tonight/Goodbye Yellow Brickroad)

21.November Rain

22.Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

23.Don't Cry

24.Whole Lotta Rosie

25.Knockin' On Heaven's Door

26.Nightrain

Encore:

27.Madagascar

28.Patience

29.Paradise City

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2011/centurylink-center-omaha-ne-33d18c29.html

Thank ya bro!

Aww.... I was hoping Shackler's Revenge was now a part of the setlist permanantly, I guess not. Good to see Better back though. I've been listening a lot to Shackler's, so if I would go see them, that would be one of the top songs I would like to see live. However the rest of the setlist is brilliant, it has just about everything else needed for an awesome setlist, I wouldn't be too disapointed with this :xmasssanta:

Yeah this is about right when you add Street of Dreams and Don't Cry. They also did My Generation. Definitely no TWAT. But I'm going back my initial post in this thread about the small amount of people in attendance, this update thread really reinforces that statement. I'm not surprised though, it's fucking Nebraska. I'm surprised every time anyone of note comes around.

Show was awesome though. So much better than the show I saw in Sturgis it's laughable.

Attendance seemed pretty good if you ask me. It was pretty full by the time they started.

Lots of people left after November Rain, including the people next to me. Oh well, more room to stand.

Yeah this is about right when you add Street of Dreams and Don't Cry. They also did My Generation. Definitely no TWAT. But I'm going back my initial post in this thread about the small amount of people in attendance, this update thread really reinforces that statement. I'm not surprised though, it's fucking Nebraska. I'm surprised every time anyone of note comes around.

Show was awesome though. So much better than the show I saw in Sturgis it's laughable.

Attendance seemed pretty good if you ask me. It was pretty full by the time they started.

Lots of people left after November Rain, including the people next to me. Oh well, more room to stand.

When i flew to NY i was so drunk before the show, by the 2nd set i was no longer 1st row, i did find a keg to stand on along the side to what TWAT played for the first time though, some people dont expect those long shows i guess and cant handle, i think its great.

i really dont get some audiences ??? after watching some youtube clips of WTTJ from the american leg of the tour its strange to see people just stood there holding there phones in the air WTF !! must be an american thing !!

here in the U.K the place would be going insane !!

My link

like check out the people at the front !!!! AT THE FRONT !! just stood there WTF :shocked:

Edited by Axlashba

Love the start times now (totally respectable).

Good review of Omaha: http://www.omaha.com/article/20111109/GO/111109563#guns-n-roses-plays-til-the-wee-hours

Who the fuck would leave mid concert? (wierd)

"As the night wore on, many people began to leave even though the band hadn't yet played songs such as "November Rain" (they did get to the piano/guitar ballad eventually). By the end of the concert, about half of the original crowd remained in the arena."

Unless a band sucks, why would you leave early? I mean I left U2 early (they suck and I was dragged to show), but GnR/Axl Rose...no way I'm bailing mid show. You never know when you'll see Axl again.

Yea, that happened at the Houston show too. People were leaving after the initial set ended with Nightrain. Even casual fans know that the band is going to do an encore and that Patience and PC haven't been played yet, but people still left. I might understand if it was a weeknight (I still think it's stupid to leave before the show is over) but Houston was a Friday night, so there's no excuse.

i really dont get some audiences ??? after watching some youtube clips of WTTJ from the american leg of the tour its strange to see people just stood there holding there phones in the air WTF !! must be an american thing !!

My link

like check out the people at the front !!!! AT THE FRONT !! just stood there WTF :shocked:

I remember the Ottawa crowd being much lamer than the Montreal crowd. People are such fuckin' pussies today. I wish I was in the 60s so I could go to Woodstock :D

Same here. The Dallas pit was pathetic. Told my wife to watch the pit when Jungle started, but nothing. Myabe one or two jumped around. Sad crowds compared to Europeans and South Americans. Even the Rio crowd was crazy during the monsoon.

My link

I remember the Ottawa crowd being much lamer than the Montreal crowd. People are such fuckin' pussies today. I wish I was in the 60s so I could go to Woodstock :D

Same here. The Dallas pit was pathetic. Told my wife to watch the pit when Jungle started, but nothing. Myabe one or two jumped around. Sad crowds compared to Europeans and South Americans. Even the Rio crowd was crazy during the monsoon.

I was there jumping and moving!

:question::thumbsdown::fuckyou::shrugs::scared::anger::o

....no fuckin words for leavin that early.... no good reason....no nothing...

The people next to me left around then too. Actually, all the people in my row were gone before Patience...

My link

You'd have been wasted and doped all the time at Woodstock. :D

Crowd in Omaha was pretty hot, especially for Jungle and Nightrain. Tons of energy there. Half the crowd left early because it was almost 1am and they already played most of the hits.

"They'd already played most of the hits". Huh...come again. I don't even know how to respond. AFD in entirety is all 'hits', Lies kicks ass, UYI's are phenomonal, CD is awesome. They must've played alot of songs if they ran out of "hits".....LOL

Crowd in Omaha was pretty hot, especially for Jungle and Nightrain. Tons of energy there. Half the crowd left early because it was almost 1am and they already played most of the hits.

"They'd already played most of the hits". Huh...come again. I don't even know how to respond. AFD in entirety is all 'hits', Lies kicks ass, UYI's are phenomonal, CD is awesome. They must've played alot of songs if they ran out of "hits".....LOL

Hits as in WTTJ, SCOM, Nov. Rain, YCBM, the stuff they play on the radio. Shocking to believe that not everybody at the concert was as obsessed as we are. Tons didn't even know Estranged or It's So Easy nor cared for Chinese songs. I'm not complaining about the show in any way, just observing the audience.

Edited by packersnroses