Norman, OK 11/9/2011

Ak1nney

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good review, lol at the trim cd material down comment, if anything they should double up on it!

NO

Yes.

Yes.

Fuck There Was A Time!

There was a cock

- In the bumbles name

Amen

The show was pretty good. I was dead center. Axl did a great job. But I gotta' say the other band members impressed me most.

They were so crowd friendly. DJ ran out into the crowd. Ron put his guitar out in front for fans to strum or bang on (however you see it)

They threw out alot of guitar picks and drum sticks. The wait time between opening act and GN'R felt like 15 min. I couldn't believe it.

Most of the crowd left before it was over and Axl said they probably had Lady GA GA cd's to go listen too. lol. You can pretty much see

me in this pic. I'm below Axl in front row to the left of in a yellow shirt. First time I ever seen Axl and I been a fan for 20 years. Loved it!

8dgh.jpg

The show was pretty good. I was dead center. Axl did a great job. But I gotta' say the other band members impressed me most.

They were so crowd friendly. DJ ran out into the crowd. Ron put his guitar out in front for fans to strum or bang on (however you see it)

They threw out alot of guitar picks and drum sticks. The wait time between opening act and GN'R felt like 15 min. I couldn't believe it.

Most of the crowd left before it was over and Axl said they probably had Lady GA GA cd's to go listen too. lol. You can pretty much see

me in this pic. I'm below Axl in front row to the left of in a yellow shirt. First time I ever seen Axl and I been a fan for 20 years. Loved it!

I think most of the people who left early have a regular live with kids, work and stuff like that. They don't have the opportunity to sit on their asses or lay in their beds the whole day. These people are well know as the working class heroes. It's because of them that Axl can do shows. Without them he would be nothing.

I think most of the people who left early have a regular live with kids, work and stuff like that. They don't have the opportunity to sit on their asses or lay in their beds the whole day. These people are well know as the working class heroes. It's because of them that Axl can do shows. Without them he would be nothing.

That is why i took the day off the next day, and have a babysitter for the kids. If you are a hardcore fan you know you have months and months to plan your schedule for the show, most people that go to concerts expect their show to end about 1030-11, especially on a weekday, and the band they are seeing usually plays for about an hour.

But this is GNR

That is why i took the day off the next day, and have a babysitter for the kids. If you are a hardcore fan you know you have months and months to plan your schedule for the show, most people that go to concerts expect their show to end about 1030-11, especially on a weekday, and the band they are seeing usually plays for about an hour.

But this is GNR

+1. People plan ahead.

Live and Let Die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENu0A3yCYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My buddy I went with shot this at the Norman show, he shot a bunch of other videos too that are loaded/being loaded to his account, check them out! Also I have some fantastic pics I'll share once I'm able to go thru them all, I'll try to post them in the next day or two!

Nighttrain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_3T2DjQEU8&feature=related

But this is GNR

Not only hardcore fans visit their show because if that happens G N' R will never play arena's anymore.

But this is GNR

Not only hardcore fans visit their show because if that happens G N' R will never play arena's anymore.

And no matter what they do, so called "fans" will cry and complain.

..I signed up for this forum the night of the show, and Ive just now been accepted to post on the forum. So yeah, Im gonna revive this thread from the dead! Ive been lurking around this forum for a while - so Im a first time poster!! lol

Anyway, Im 29 and GNR has been my favorite band since I was 12; so Ive been waiting to see Axl for 17 years and I FINALLY got to see him - and he killed it! it was THE most awesome concert that Ive ever been to and I dont think Ive looked forward to something as much as I did this show. Seeing Axl on stage, running around doin his thing brought me back to my Middle School years! it was awesome!! I have to be honest, for the last 7-8 years Ive called GNR, "Axl and some other guys." But I have to admit, halfway through the show the band impressed me. They put on a good show, worked the crowd and it seemed like they were really into it! So I hope this current lineup of GNR stays the same.

I took my 12 year old daughter with me, and being her first concert, ...she loved it! I saw there was some talk in this thread about playing for CD songs; but I didnt care what they played as long as I got to hear Estranged and November Rain. The thing about hearing more CD songs, is that 90% of the crowd didnt go to the show to hear CD songs. you could see the energy in the arena go down a bit, and it was the point in the concert that people got up to get more beer. I sang every CD song, as did my daughter, and people kept asking us, "Whats this song?" It was really kinda disappointing to see how many people didnt know a single song from that album. So yeah, they can play more CD songs, but thats not what the crowd wants to hear. If they pull out Appetite for Illusion songs and replace them with CD, I bet less people would show up and that would be extremely disappointing. But, it was a killer show and I didnt want the night to end. I was glad that I finally, after 17 years, got to see my favorite band live!!