Slash Made In Stoke 24/7/11 - Streaming / Whole Show

Nosaj Thing

Whole new level of appreciation for Myles.

I have been on board with Myles the whole time.

Seriously though, where would Slash be right now if it weren't for Myles?

I can't imagine for the life of me anyone he could have found doing a better job singing from his catalog than Myles has.

He is never going to be Axl, but he far and away does a better job singing GNR covers than anyone I have ever heard. Frankly he is the only one I have ever heard singing GNR covers that doesn't make a mess of them. To hear Slash be able to play PC, SCOM, Nightrain, Civil War, Rocket Queen again on a regular basis has been awesome.

The fact the band all seem to get along together is like icing on the cake to him I am sure. As Slash said, throw together bands don't usually pan out like this musically.

I am beyond excited to see where this new album goes musically. This is the first time in more than a decade Slash has no limitations as far as the singers vocals (which was an issue with VR), and I expect to hear more GNR/ early Snakepit style stuff with big vocals and big guitars. Myles can handle it, and I think (at least I hope) we will hear Slash finally start to sound like Slash again after all this time.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine for the life of me anyone he could have found doing a better job singing from his catalog than Myles has.

He is never going to be Axl, but he far and away does a better job singing GNR covers than anyone I have ever heard. Frankly he is the only one I have ever heard singing GNR covers that doesn't make a mess of them. To hear Slash be able to play PC, SCOM, Nightrain, Civil War, Rocket Queen again on a regular basis has been awesome.

The fact the band all seem to get along together is like icing on the cake to him I am sure. As Slash said, throw together bands don't usually pan out like this musically.

I am beyond excited to see where this new album goes musically. This is the first time in more than a decade Slash has no limitations as far as the singers vocals (which was an issue with VR), and I expect to hear more GNR/ early Snakepit style stuff with big vocals and big guitars. Myles can handle it, and I think (at least I hope) we will hear Slash finally start to sound like Slash again after all this time.

Great post.. :)

I agree.

Myles took a little getting used to for me though.

He grated on me at times.

Live I thought he was great,he tested my patience a wee bit,but overall I dug him.But watching the Stoke blu-ray and watching his interview,I'm getting to know more about him and yeah...he can fire off the Guns tunes effortlessly as well.

Starlight has settled in to being one of my fav tracks on the SLASH cd...probably played it the most.

Can't wait to hear the new material!

I gained that level of appreciation when I saw them @ the 1st Atlantic city show they did when they 1st hit the road, I think it was maybe the 3rd time they played live together and they were tight as hell; and Yles just blew me away the way he did GnR and Communication Breakdown

And your right about him not being Axl, but he's about the only singer out there not named Axl that can sing the classic GNR hits

I just wished they would have done Coma @ some point, but I guess that may be too much to ask.

And the level of appreciation was only raised after seeing and buying the Terminal 5 show in NYC which I purchased instead of the Stoke CD since I was @ the NYC show....lol

Just received my Blu-ray copy today, told my brothers to come over to watch the show... turned on my big-ass TV and connected the Blu-ray player to my 7.1 surround system and we were devastated, I blew my speakers up with that killer sound. Slash fuckin' killed it. What a fuckin' guitar player. Gn'R songs sounded 100000x better played by him. Myles didn't sound too good on Gn'R material (even one of my brothers said 'That's not Axl Rose', and they have no idea what Gn'R is, aside from whatever they have heard from my mouth when we lived together).

It's one of the best live shows I have watched so far, image and sound quality were phenomenal. I bought my copy from CDWOW, it took a while but finally got it. It was the UK version and played fine, so buy confidently. If you have your doubts I totally recommend this show. Goddamn, I'm very happy with my purchase :)

I have thrown this DVD on now a few times while hanging out and drinking with friends and peopel have been blown away with Slash's playing.. Such a shame they couldn't get the licenses to sell this DVD in the States.. Glad to see everyone is enjoying it.. Besides about 30 seconds in Rocket Queen there really isn't much for the haters to hate on.. This is a TRUE bad ass LIVE DVD.. 99% of the bands would have overdubbed that minor sloppy part of Rocket Queen. I think it shows balls that they kept in in there.. It's only Rock N' Roll..

I have thrown this DVD on now a few times while hanging out and drinking with friends and peopel have been blown away with Slash's playing.. Such a shame they couldn't get the licenses to sell this DVD in the States.. Glad to see everyone is enjoying it.. Besides about 30 seconds in Rocket Queen there really isn't much for the haters to hate on.. This is a TRUE bad ass LIVE DVD.. 99% of the bands would have overdubbed that minor sloppy part of Rocket Queen. I think it shows balls that they kept in in there.. It's only Rock N' Roll..

'shame they couldn't get the licenses to sell this DVD in the States'

Who would prevent a band releasing a DVD in the states ? - how stupid is that.

Anyone who wants a copy in the states can simply buy it on line :D

Just heard Rocket Queen from this... WOW!

The extended solo is probably one of the best things I have heard from Slash since the 90's, it grooves and really "says something". It channels the type of phrasing he did back in the early days IMO, it reminded me of the solo in the PC studio version where he just tears it up

Edited by WhazUp

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

Made in Stoke, i wonder if he understands how funny that sounds like, y'know, if he did that on purpose. Mr Life on the edge rock n roll...from Stoke On Trent :lol:

I rate him actually, was watching an interview with him around the snakepit era, the first snakepit era and the guys asking him about L.A. and the L.A. scene and he says something like i'm not really a part of it, i'm from England, i ain't a Californian but i know what the L.A. scene is, i know what it's all about, it's just a load of shit :lol: I've never met anyone thats proud of being from Stoke before :lol:

Sorry, i haven't even approached answering your question, have i? Thats cuz i can't cuz i ain't seen it, i've completely wasted your time, i apologise, have me shot.

Edited by sugaraylen

I remember izzy said something like Slash is from Stock on Trent. I think it's like his badge of authenticity. All the best bands are from the UK.

Robbie Williams. Camp Freddy. It almost happened.

Bootlegs I'm just tired of trying give me an official something to waste money on.

Edited by wasted