Your concerts in 2012

Zint

Slash w/ Myles Kennedy - This was that Toronto show in March, it wasn't as good as when they first came here but I think it was mainly due to the mostly corporate crowd. The near identical setlist didn't help either. Always a fun time none the less.

Band of Skulls - Great rock band, new album's not as great as their debut but they're and incredible live band. Great sound for three people.

Mastodon & Opeth - My 5th time seeing Mastodon, and it was a bit better than I expected. It'd be nice if they worked on their vocals though, I can never hear the lead guitar too. My third time seeing Opeth was great, but required an acquired taste given their latest release is far from a metal album.

Alabama Shakes - Incredible, one of the best gigs I've ever had the pleasure of attending. The pipes on Britt Howard are unreal and channel something that I don't think has been felt since the likes of Robert Plant or even Otis Redding. Most people compare her to Janis Joplin. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much after the show.

UPCOMING

Iron Maiden w/ Alice Cooper - Tomorrow!!! Friday the 13th, baby!!!

Black Keys - Late July

My Morning Jacket - Mid August

Alabama Shakes - October

Rush - October

Edited by Xia

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maiden tonight!! (Toronto) - wearing my GnR fan club shirt...we'll see if anyone can pick me out of the pit....

Osheaga Festival (Montreal) from Aug 3-5, should be awesome and chock full of inappropriate behavior.

Wish I could make the Gaslight Anthem show in Toronto but that sold out loooong ago.

SOUNDGARDEN IN THE POURING RAIN!!!!

Started raining about three songs in, I think. It was magical at first. It was amazing singing with all of Hyde Park along to Black Hole Sun and Blow Up the Outside World and going insane to Outshined all in this really heavy shower. It stopped being fun after 15 minutes though cuz it was rather cold. We got totally drenched and it kinda sucked the energy out of the crowd. It was still a very good show, and I suppose the weather fits the mood of the songs but at a show you wanna have fun. Chris was a bit too low in the mix I thought.

Bruce Springsteen: believe the hype! It's everything they say and more! Outstanding. In my top three shows.

Yup! Since I first saw him in 2008, buying tickets for every show near here since has been a total no-brainer. And every time you see the guy, he's really THAT good. It's amazing.

Ontopic:

So far:

2012-07-13 - John Fogerty @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam

2012-06-24 - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (with Eddie Vedder), Jonathan Wilson @ Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

2012-06-12 - Slash & Myles Kenedy (with Lzzy Hale), Halestorm @ Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

2012-05-27 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band @ RheinEnergie-Stadion, Cologne

2012-05-05 - Alain Clark, The Kyteman Orchestra @ Bevrijdingsfestival, Groningen

2012-03-24 - Paul McCartney @ Ahoy, Rotterdam

2012-02-24 - Rowwen Heze @ Stadsschouwburg, Groningen

2012-02-23 - Pe Daalemmer en Rooie Rinus @ Martiniplaza, Groningen

2012-02-18 - Herman van Veen @ Martiniplaza, Groningen

Still to come:

2012-08-12 - Leonard Cohen @ Sint Pietersplein, Ghent

2012-11-03 - Triggerfinger @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

2012-11-30 - De Dijk @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

I'm also still considering tickets for:

- Joe Bonamassa (I know he's great, seen him twice. But I think he's quite expensive this time)

- Beth Hart (saw her late last year, great show but since I've seen her very recently I'm not sure)

Ps.

You guys should all check out Triggerfinger. Great Belgian rock band. Don't listen to their cover of I Follow Rivers. It's good, but it's not at all what this band is about.

Edited by username

me and my woman dished out far too much money and added two big shows to our list for the year...

August 4th - Aerosmith/Cheap Trick in Oakland, Ca (if the seating chart is accurate, we should be 2nd row against the catwalk, holy shit!)

August 12th - KISS/Motley Crue in Chula Vista, Ca (2nd row on Gene/Nikki's side)

Beyond stoked.

The Stone Roses, New Order, Frightened Rabbit x3, We Were Promised Jetpacks x2, The Twilight Sad, The Darkness, Tribes, Admiral Fallow x2, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The Wailers, Pulled Apart By Horses, The Cribs, Blood Red Shoes, The Courteeners, Bombay Bicycle Club. Most of that was at T in the park though.

Got tickets from Richard Hawley and Radiohead + Caribou.

I'm happy to say I can add Slash in London next week to my list. I got tickets as an early birthday present from my sister. :thumbsup:

Seen:

Van Halen (March 9th - Buffalo)

Van Halen (March 17th - Toronto)

Slash & Myles (March 23rd - Toronto)

Iron Maiden & Alice Cooper (July 13th - Toronto)

Coming Up:

KISS & Motley Crue (September 13th - Toronto)

Rush (October 14th - Toronto)

Canceled:

Van Halen (July 21st - London)

I'm happy to say I can add Slash in London next week to my list. I got tickets as an early birthday present from my sister. :thumbsup:

I read this and was like "What??? :shocked:" but then i read the rest of the post and realized you're talking about Canada.

I didn't event think of that. London, Ontario of course. My sister is awesome but she wouldn't fly me to England for my birthday. :lol:

I'm in the VIP section (sold out).

Are you going for all the bands?

Thunderstorms scheduled for afternoon,thundershowers for evening. :(

I just saw the Afghan Whigs in Sydney. I discovered them less than a year before they broke up, so I didn't expect I'd ever get to see them live! Oh yeah, and when Dulli walked into the crowd during a song, he STOPPED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND LOOKED INTO MY EYES FOR A MATTER OF...er, seconds. So not buzzed about that, have hardly mentioned it all night. :wub:

Edited by Angelica

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I saw one of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen in my life.

Leonard Cohen played a 33-song 3,5 hour show at the Sint Pietersplein in Ghent (Belgium) on the opening night of his Old Ideas world tour. And this was nothing short of pure magic.

Setlist:

First set:

Dance me to the end of love

Going home

Bird on a wire

Everybody knows

Who by fire

Darkness

Amen

Come healing

I can't forget

Different Sides

Anthem

Second set:

Tower of song

Suzanne

Crazy to love you

Heart of no companion

The Gypsy Wife

The Partisan

Democracy

Coming back to you (Webb Sisters)

Alexandra leaving (Sharon Robinson)

I'm your man

Hallelujah

Take this waltz

Encore 1:

Marianne

First we take Manhattan

Encore 2:

Famous blue raincoat

If it be your will (Webb Sisters)

Closing time

Encore 3:

I tried to leave you

Save the last dance for me

Encore 4:

Sisters of mercy

Waiting for the miracle

Some pics I took:

620505_10151008351475924_1472820407_o.jpg

391474_10151008351805924_47861256_n.jpg

481910_10151008351925924_32047267_n.jpg

540255_10151008352850924_237466341_n.jpg

Last night I saw one of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen in my life.

Leonard Cohen played a 33-song 3,5 hour show at the Sint Pietersplein in Ghent (Belgium) on the opening night of his Old Ideas world tour. And this was nothing short of pure magic.

Literally got goosebumps reading that setlist.

I can't wait to see this tour in December.I'm very close to the stage.

Don't think I can film being that close, but I will audio record in WAV.

It's been a few years since I've seen him, really looking forward to it. B)

Literally got goosebumps reading that setlist.

I can't wait to see this tour in December.I'm very close to the stage.

Don't think I can film being that close, but I will audio record in WAV.

It's been a few years since I've seen him, really looking forward to it. B)

Ha! I literally got goosebumps more than once last night. It's going to be amazing man. Just incredible.

Cohen is like good Scotch, only gets better with every year that passes.

I was in the 12th row. Section B on this seating plan.

I'm really hoping someone bootlegged this one as well!

Edited by username

Nice!

I'll be a few rows closer.

I scored the tickets online through a presale while I was on vacation in Florida.

Did you notice anyone filming in the audience?

Ha! Me too! The presale thing. I found it through leonardcohenforum.com. Good thing too, because when regular sales started the 4 concerts (5 by now) sold out in minutes.

I didn't notice anyone filming, but there were a few big (edging towards pro) photocamera's. The security wasn't strict at all. They didn't even check inside my backpack. Same thing with my dad. So from what I've seen it was real easy to get things in.