Your concerts in 2012

Zint

You got a Leonard Cohen tattoo?!?! :lol: Of what, his saggy arse?!?! :lol: This is priceless, OK, you got me, i'm curious, what exactly does a leonard cohen tattoo look like, young lady? :lol: I swear to fuckin' God Angelica, that is so funny, thats like getting a Norman Lamont tattoo or something!

Cohentat.jpg

It's the interlocking hearts from the Book of Mercy cover, not his 'saggy arse' you inappropriate weirdo. And I got it at the Rising Dragon parlour underneath the Hotel Chelsea for maximum geekitude. ^_^

That's awesome Angelica! :devilshades:

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Leonard Cohens playing Wembley this Sept 9th i think, wanna get tickets but i'm fuckin' skint. get paid on the 28th and if a few "investments", footballing investments :lol: go well hopefully i'll have the money. They probably be fuckin' sold out though :( Thinking of just turning up on the night and getting one of a scalper. Worried it might not be legit though. Also, i wanna be front row! :lol:

One way or another i'm goin' to that fuckin' gig, never been to see him before and he's one of my favorites so, y'know, makes sense. Plus he's getting on a bit, don't want him to fall off the perch before i get a chance to see him.

Edited by sugaraylen

Halestorm

Saw them open for Slash. Lzzy Hale is fucking awesome, hot, and has a voice that'll blow your balls off.

Seeing her guest-singing Out Ta Get Me with Slash and Myles was amazing.

Future:

2012-11-03 - Triggerfinger @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

2012-11-30 - De Dijk @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

2012-12-11 - Beth Hart @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

Past:

2012-08-12 - Leonard Cohen @ Sint Pietersplein, Ghent

2012-07-13 - John Fogerty @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam

2012-06-24 - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (with Eddie Vedder), Jonathan Wilson @ Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

2012-06-12 - Slash & Myles Kenedy (with Lzzy Hale), Halestorm @ Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

2012-05-27 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band @ RheinEnergie-Stadion, Cologne

2012-05-05 - Alain Clark, The Kyteman Orchestra @ Bevrijdingsfestival, Groningen

2012-03-24 - Paul McCartney @ Ahoy, Rotterdam

2012-02-24 - Rowwen Heze @ Stadsschouwburg, Groningen

2012-02-23 - Pe Daalemmer en Rooie Rinus @ Martiniplaza, Groningen

2012-02-18 - Herman van Veen @ Martiniplaza, Groningen

2012 was an amazing year with many MANY highlights. Leonard Cohen and Paul McCartney were absolutely untouchable. In a league of their own. Mindblowing.

Slash, Tom, Bruce and John were fucking amazing as well.

How was his voice?

Very good! Not CCR good, but definitely Long Road Home good.

Except almost choking on Fortunate Son! :lol: He had to get a bottle of water and re-start the song. Did it with flair though.

John is still an amazing live act. Third time I've seen him and still amazing.

How was his voice?

Very good! Not CCR good, but definitely Long Road Home good.

Except almost choking on Fortunate Son! :lol: He had to get a bottle of water and re-start the song. Did it with flair though.

John is still an amazing live act. Third time I've seen him and still amazing.

I'm asking because I saw him in July opening for Springsteen and his voice was terrible. He choked at the beginning, on the first note basically, and then he was quite bad through his set. Couldn't do any of the trademark screams. Still put on a decent show though. I don't know if he had a cold or something. He apologized a few times for how he sounded which leads me to think it was an accident. He said at one point "I seem to have left my voice in my other suit" :lol:

I'm asking because I saw him in July opening for Springsteen and his voice was terrible. He choked at the beginning, on the first note basically, and then he was quite bad through his set. Couldn't do any of the trademark screams. Still put on a decent show though. I don't know if he had a cold or something. He apologized a few times for how he sounded which leads me to think it was an accident. He said at one point "I seem to have left my voice in my other suit" :lol:

That's unlucky man! :( But yeah, I've seen him in 2008, 2010 and 2012 and he was consistently good. Sounds like he felt bad about it too because he knows he can do better.

Halestorm

Saw them open for Slash. Lzzy Hale is fucking awesome, hot, and has a voice that'll blow your balls off.

Seeing her guest-singing Out Ta Get Me with Slash and Myles was amazing.

So hot! Yeah I caught them by accident at Download 2012, one hell of a voice! Really looking forward to it :)

Just seen that on Youtube the other day, awesome!

Found out about a lot of shows lately, bought tickets for Radiohead, Caribou, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Richard Hawley and Band Of Horses. Tickets for Elvis Costello, Rachel Sermanni and The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart are on the cards too.

Seen a few bands this year, mostly due to a festival, not been to as many gigs. Shame, but seen some classics. The Stone Roses, New Order, Frightened Rabbit (x5), We Were Promised Jetpacks (x2), Pulled Apart By Horses, The Cribs, Blood Red Shoes, The Wailers, The Darkness, Tribes, The Courteeners, Rachel Sermanni, The Twilight Sad. Done a few gigs with Admiral Fallow and People, Places, Maps with the band and opened for RH Hubbart myself.

I fucking WON tickets to see The Killers on Thuesday!! It's a special show in Oslo (only one in Europe) for 1200 people only. You couldn't buy tickets, you had to win through the radio. And I won!!! It's my best friend's favorite band, so this is as great as if it was a Guns N' Roses show. Can't believe it!!!!! :wow:

• 1 month later...

Scrap The Who, something's gotta give for The Stones. Rest of my year:

10/19 - Alice Cooper (Verona)

10/26 - Rush (Buffalo)

10/28 - Rush (Cleveland)

12/9 - Reverend Horton Heat (Harrisburg)

12/15-16 - The Rolling Stones (Newark, whichever gig I can get tickets to)

12/29 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Boston, Homethown Throwdown 15)

12/30 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Boston, Homethown Throwdown 15)