Your concerts in 2012

Zint

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier this year, I saw Megadeth, Motorhead, Volbeat and Lacuna Coil.

I was amazed by Volbeat-- I love the drums on their songs especially on "Hallelujah Goat."

A couple weeks ago, I saw ZZ Top at the Chicago Theater-- they were great, but way too short! They only played for like an hour.

Tonight, I'm going to see Kashmir which is a local Led Zeppelin tribute band... I see them all the time... !

Edited by Talon

Well, there's still 2 months to go, but I can't imagine adding anything else to my list. So this is my 2012:

2012-12-11 - Beth Hart @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

2012-11-30 - De Dijk @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

2012-11-03 - Triggerfinger @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

2012-08-12 - Leonard Cohen @ Sint Pietersplein, Ghent

2012-07-13 - John Fogerty @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam

2012-06-24 - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (with Eddie Vedder), Jonathan Wilson @ Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

2012-06-12 - Slash & Myles Kenedy (with Lzzy Hale), Halestorm @ Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

2012-05-27 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band @ RheinEnergie-Stadion, Cologne

2012-05-05 - Alain Clark, The Kyteman Orchestra @ Bevrijdingsfestival, Groningen

2012-03-24 - Paul McCartney @ Ahoy, Rotterdam

2012-02-24 - Rowwen Heze @ Stadsschouwburg, Groningen

2012-02-23 - Pe Daalemmer en Rooie Rinus @ Martiniplaza, Groningen

2012-02-18 - Herman van Veen @ Martiniplaza, Groningen

And really it's been an amazing year! Quality over quantity. Saw some amazing things. There wasn't a single bad gig in there. Petty and Slash were sort of "the best of the rest", partially because I'd seen some of the others before and Springsteen's set was a bit slow. But the 2 that really stood out by miles were Paul McCartney and Leonard Cohen. Especially Cohen who really was above and beyond, league of his own. Sheer class and one of those rare perfect gigs. Made me feel the same excitement as when I first went to big gigs from high profile artists. 2012 was a fantastic year! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Not seen that much in 2012, doing alright cash wise so I've splashed out on tickets for next year. The Stone Roses & Primal Scream, Richard Hawley, Sigur Ros, Frightened Rabbit (x2), Foals, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, We Were Promised Jetpacks.

Got a couple of gigs with the band opening for Aidan John Moffat (Arab Strap) and People Places Maps at the end of this year too.

I'm going to see Graveyard, Deep Purple and Monster Magnet before the end of the year, that's it. All in a week or so, as well. :)

I would love to see Deep Purple! What kind of sets are they doing? I would love to hear Perfect Strangers live!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deep-purple/2012/awd-hall-hanover-germany-63daf6e7.html