Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

GENE SIMMONS: AXL ROSE Is The Reason GUNS N' ROSES Is Not The Biggest Band In The World

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Laparka

Laparka

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • 22-October 08

GENE SIMMONS: AXL ROSE Is The Reason GUNS N' ROSES Is Not The Biggest Band In The World - Nov. 14, 2011
Music-News.com last week conducted an interview with KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons at the Sanctum Hotel in London, England. You can now watch the chat below.

When asked about what advice he would offer the members of GUNS N' ROSES with respect to staying at the top of their game, the rock icon said, "You get to sleep in the bed you make. It's simple. If you're lucky enough to be accepted on stage by the audience, if you're lucky enough to be able to write a song, if you're lucky enough to have charisma on stage, that's the beginning. And then you've got to be able to deliver night after night after night. And not everybody is designed to run a marathon. Because to be a rock star for decades means you're running a marathon.

"GUNS N' ROSES could have been the best band in the world, and the reason they're not is because of [singer] Axl Rose. I mean, the drugs, the heroin, the alcohol and all that. But ultimately, it falls on Axl's shoulders."

After he was asked what Axl could have done to change that path, Gene said, "A good beating would have helped. I mean, when you misbehaved as a little kid and continued to do it, there was somebody there to give you a what for. Then when you become a grown-up, who's there to set you straight?"

Simmons was in London to host the seventh annual Classic Rock Roll Of Honour, which was held on November 9 at the world-famous Roundhouse in Camden, England.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0JFhVjOkKs&feature=player_embedded

from Blabbermouth.

I don't agree but it has been discussed endlessly.

let the Slashboys vs Axl-lites war begin!!!!

Edited by Laparka, 14 November 2011 - 10:43 AM.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

That's not my name, Bon Jovi can suck my dick!

Posted Image

ronartest2004

ronartest2004

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • 05-April 05
I don't give a fuck what his lame ass says, I didn't even read it or watch it, I don't need to.

HowlinWolf

HowlinWolf

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • 11-December 09
he does make some good points
Tom-Ass

deadpool89

deadpool89

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • 22-September 04
I didn't watch the clip either, Mr simmons is not worth my time.

His words are about as real as his show is.......scripted!

Fuck off!!!!!!!!!!! :fuckyou:
"GONNA WATCH THE BIG SCREEN IN MY HEAD"
Posted Image<br/>
When did MYGNR become a place to vent out against the lead singer of GN'R, a web site or at least a sub forum should be made for all these whiney bitchy technical turn coat's to stay in, leave the GN'R board for GN'R fans!

"You can say it's my fault, but to me it's like if you're on a plane and somebody trips you and the air marshal arrests you for falling like it's my fault for allowing somebody to trip me"

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• Media and Brand Ambassador
  • 19,428 posts
  • 28-December 02
I don't think he is qualified to make that assertion

For Kiss, notibly Gene, music has always come second to making a buck.

Edited by gunsguy, 14 November 2011 - 10:48 AM.

axlrare.jpg

LXA

LXA

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • 26-January 09

he does make some good points

Laparka

Laparka

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • 22-October 08

I don't think he is qualified to make that assertion

For Kiss, notibly Gene, music has always come second to making a buck.

True

he also holds a nice history of revolving members in Kiss. And a record for reuniting with his old band just for the money, which is totally despise.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Posted Image

Mindray11

Mindray11

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • 04-May 11
gene simmons is the reason i think kiss is a joke.

2014.gif

"We don’t want them to see the same show twice. That’s really important to us." - Dizzy Reed

Majestic Beast

Majestic Beast

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • 22-April 11
Gene Who? :rofl-lol: I think he must stfu and put some make up in his shitty face. :devil:
So lonely to wander,So sad to be alone,In the mist of the unknown,Trying to fool myself with dreams that never come true,So hard to stand my ground,Never again will I fail ,Will you tell me not to wait,Tell me to live for today,As the flowers wither,I will forget my pain...

Dean

Dean

Senior

• SILVER
  • 779 posts
  • 17-May 08
I thought he was on good terms with Axl?
Don't really care for him, to be honest. Paul Stanley > Gene

Posted Image

Sweersa

Sweersa

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • 04-July 08
I see this guy on TV sometimes but never cared to learn anything about him. Move along old washed up man.

DrBrownstone

DrBrownstone

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • 10-November 10
I said something similar to this in one of the GNR Reunion threads, on the pre-1994 board. We all like Axl as a performer, he's the best there is at what he does. But as a person, he's very immature and never was forced to "grow up". As soon as he made some money he was able to continue acting like a kid, with his money and fame always there to bail him out. I think he has matured in these last 5-10 years a lot. It's evident by the lack of rants in recent concerts. In the past it was like every chance he got, he'd take a minute to call out someone, like James Hetfield, Warren Beaty, KISS...we've all seen them. I'm not an Axlite or Slash fanatic, I like to think of myself as somewhere in the middle....but I think it's naive to believe everything Axl says regarding the break up of the band, when you have every other band mate saying pretty much the same thing, then Axl saying something different...

Loaded

Loaded

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • 18-February 08
Basically he says that Gn'R could of made more money if they continued to release Appetite over and over again.
I don't have anything against AC/DC but they are doing exactly that. Sure ,they make great music for rockin' out but it kinda gets boring after a while.

19746715.jpg

Laparka

Laparka

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • 22-October 08

Basically he says that Gn'R could of made more money if they continued to release Appetite over and over again.
I don't have anything against AC/DC but they are doing exactly that. Sure ,they make great music for rockin' out but it kinda gets boring after a while.

+1

I really love AFD, but that bluesy-hard rock is dated and GNR would not be successful either with this kind of music nowadays.
It would have collapsed with the grunge and/or nu-metal wave(s).

I want to see my favorite musicians evolve and not stagnate.
That's why I still like Sepultura, Megadeth regardless the staff changes.

Posted Image

andy-robertson

andy-robertson

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • 13-November 02
This story was posted on NME.com earlier, but the thing that made me angry more than anything was the lazy, ill-informed journalism that has become the norm now for NME articles. I voiced my opinions in the comments section below the 'article'.

http://www.nme.com/n...e-simmons/60379
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users