Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

GENE SIMMONS: AXL ROSE Is The Reason GUNS N' ROSES Is Not The Biggest Band In The World

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Mastodonny

Mastodonny

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • 12-February 10
Can't stand $immons but he makes a valid point.

Lumikki

Lumikki

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • 10-June 05
Didn't Gene Simmons also make that really disgusting comment about how he "doesn't care if your father fucked you up the ass when you were 3, if you're not on stage by a certain time, you're a bitch" regarding Axl in an interview some time ago?
And now he thinks "a good beating" would have helped Axl (as the NME headline goes)?

God, I hate Gene Simmons. Such a vile douchebag.

Blummas

Blummas

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • 14-December 08

gene simmons is the reason i think kiss is a joke.

1+

* I count with the serenity of the unconscious *
BLUMMAS

The rock is standing on the world and wanting to change. It is a cry of freedom in front of a system that seeks to make you dumb.
The rock, is screaming to the world and to the power his truth.
the power hear the scream, records it, pulls out a CD, organizes a tour, sells shirts and waits that the rock scream again.
Peter Capusotto

mustaine

mustaine

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • 11-May 04
Gene speaking nonsense as usual... if he knew anything he would know that one of the things Axl really got his fair share of as a kid were beatings.

Anyway, I still think that the Rolling Stone interview from 1992 is the most informative article on Axl. I would suggest to everyone who hasn't read the interview to google it. Maybe that will help people get some kind of understanding about the man.

Edited by mustaine, 14 November 2011 - 11:51 AM.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts
  • 28-April 11
When two of your greatest heroes start taking jabs at each other, all that's left is this.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

Flayer

Flayer

Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • 24-October 11
Gene Simmons can go fuck himself, he's nobody to offer advice on not being seen as a joke. And all this Axl needed a beating as a child shit? Is he not aware of how much he did get beaten as a child? Fucker. Why's everyone being asked to weigh in on Guns N' Roses?
chinaman33: flayer is a racist dont listen to him
Flayer: Dude, 'chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature.

Posted Image

JimMorrison4

JimMorrison4

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • 19-February 06
Disagree with most comments in this thread and I agree with what Gene said.

GNR could have been the biggest band in the world had Axl not caused all the problems the old band had. IMO, there is no band who wrote better music than the old line-up. It sucks they only were able to produce 4 original albums before splitting up.

They probably could have made alot more great music throughout the 90s and 00s had Axl not run everyone out of the band.

Flayer

Flayer

Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • 24-October 11

Disagree with most comments in this thread and I agree with what Gene said.

GNR could have been the biggest band in the world had Axl not caused all the problems the old band had. IMO, there is no band who wrote better music than the old line-up. It sucks they only were able to produce 4 original albums before splitting up.

They probably could have made alot more great music throughout the 90s and 00s had Axl not run everyone out of the band.

No, they probably would not have have. They couldn't even write with each other by then, it was a two-way thing. Educate yourself.
chinaman33: flayer is a racist dont listen to him
Flayer: Dude, 'chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature.

Posted Image

JimMorrison4

JimMorrison4

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • 19-February 06
Axl says it was everyone but him.

Everyone else says it was Axl.

You believe what you want and I'll believe the facts.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,691 posts
  • 28-April 11

Oh, then what everyone else says is fact?

The thing is... It would be impossible in any way. You guys have to get it in your heads: It wasn't a single act, it wasn't a single person or a single fact that made original GnR break up. It's a series of event, that made it impossible to go on. Even if Axl were a bit more understanding and open minded, they'd still have broken up. Like EVERYONE says, old GnR was a time bomb since the beginning.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

axl_on_drums

axl_on_drums

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,797 posts
  • 24-October 08
Wasn't Axl at a KISS show not too long ago, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear this..

First Axl shows love for the Killers then they diss him, now Gene is taking shawts at Axl...

That said, he makes valid points, but do we really give a fuck

Posted Image

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 11,051 posts
  • 15-July 03
Non-story. Who cares about gene Simmons. Biggest sell out in music.

Axl was a prick. We get it. Let's beat a dead horse from 20 years ago.

And per usual, no big surprise the typical Axl bashers are agreeing with Simmons.

And nobody knows what kind of music the old band would have put out. The entire band was drifting apart emotionally as friends and drifting apart as to what kind of music they wanted to produce. Doesn't seem like a great mixture.

Edited by Groghan, 14 November 2011 - 01:16 PM.

JimMorrison4

JimMorrison4

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • 19-February 06

Oh, then what everyone else says is fact?

The thing is... It would be impossible in any way. You guys have to get it in your heads: It wasn't a single act, it wasn't a single person or a single fact that made original GnR break up. It's a series of event, that made it impossible to go on. Even if Axl were a bit more understanding and open minded, they'd still have broken up. Like EVERYONE says, old GnR was a time bomb since the beginning.

Ok, fine, the late starts, the riots, the no-shows, the years-long disappearing acts, the recording of albums in seperate locations than the rest of the band, the alleged "dictatorship" conditions, the airing of the band's dirty laundry on stage, ending shows early, etc etc were everyone's fault but Axl's.

Better?

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,409 posts
  • 19-December 04
Paul Stanley is the better member anyways.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

LXA

LXA

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • 26-January 09

Paul Stanley is the better member anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_2LQ1FJWg&feature=player_embedded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users