Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

GENE SIMMONS: AXL ROSE Is The Reason GUNS N' ROSES Is Not The Biggest Band In The World

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,158 posts
  • 15-July 03

Axl says it was everyone but him.

Everyone else says it was Axl.

You believe what you want and I'll believe the facts.

Oh, then what everyone else says is fact?

The thing is... It would be impossible in any way. You guys have to get it in your heads: It wasn't a single act, it wasn't a single person or a single fact that made original GnR break up. It's a series of event, that made it impossible to go on. Even if Axl were a bit more understanding and open minded, they'd still have broken up. Like EVERYONE says, old GnR was a time bomb since the beginning.

Ok, fine, the late starts, the riots, the no-shows, the years-long disappearing acts, the recording of albums in seperate locations than the rest of the band, the alleged "dictatorship" conditions, the airing of the band's dirty laundry on stage, ending shows early, etc etc were everyone's fault but Axl's.

Better?

With so much anger towards Axl, why are you spending time at a GnR forum?
Why not spend your time on forums of bands that you like? VR has a section here, Slash has a section.
I will never understand the mindset of some of you. You act like Axl is the devil and he has greatly offended you.......but you come to his forum and you can't stop talking about him. Weird.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11

Paul Stanley is the better member anyways.

+1. Paul Stanley is the ESSENCE of KISS. Ace and Gene would be next.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

Changes

Changes

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • 25-January 11

Wasn't Axl at a KISS show not too long ago, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear this..

First Axl shows love for the Killers then they diss him, now Gene is taking shawts at Axl...

That said, he makes valid points, but do we really give a fuck

What did the Killers say?

The Glow Inc.

The Glow Inc.

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,957 posts
  • 13-May 09
Yeah, and without Axl Rose they couldn't be the biggest band in the world either.

What a faulty logic.

414751eomgnr.jpg
         Check this out and Join the Tribe

NGOG

NGOG

FRONTMAN

• Media Crew
  • 7,974 posts
  • 28-January 11
Axl was at a KISS show with Beta in 2010; that’s a positive statement. Didn’t Beta get a pic with Gene? Shame he’s ripping on Axl again.

http://desmond.yfrog...e=640&ysize=640

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR, 14 November 2011 - 01:38 PM.

true-detective-mcconaughey-harrelson-sli

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts
  • 16-September 09
Feel sorry for Axl tbh, your music icon dissing you, saying you need a beating (How eloquent!). Harsh.
 "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. "

JimMorrison4

JimMorrison4

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • 19-February 06

The thing is... It would be impossible in any way. You guys have to get it in your heads: It wasn't a single act, it wasn't a single person or a single fact that made original GnR break up. It's a series of event, that made it impossible to go on. Even if Axl were a bit more understanding and open minded, they'd still have broken up. Like EVERYONE says, old GnR was a time bomb since the beginning.

Ok, fine, the late starts, the riots, the no-shows, the years-long disappearing acts, the recording of albums in seperate locations than the rest of the band, the alleged "dictatorship" conditions, the airing of the band's dirty laundry on stage, ending shows early, etc etc were everyone's fault but Axl's.

Better?

Why not spend your time on forums of bands that you like? VR has a section here, Slash has a section.
I will never understand the mindset of some of you. You act like Axl is the devil and he has greatly offended you.......but you come to his forum and you can't stop talking about him. Weird.

I'm sorry I don't feel the need to give Axl a verbal blowjob in every post. I have no anger towards Axl either. So, you're wrong on that account.

Not really a Velvet Revolver fan. They had 2 or 3 songs I liked. Kinda "generic" sounding. I don't have a strong enough opinion on them to post in their section, sorry. You're 0 for 2.

I've never, personally, been offended by Axl nor do I consider him the devil. 3 strikes.

If you had actually read and comprehended my first post in this thread, I praised GNR and agreed they could have been the biggest band in the world. Musically, they were good enough. However, the personal issues were too much and ended something that should've have lasted to this day. However, for some reason, you decided to take time to respond to my rhetorical post with even more rhetoric. Weird.

Use Your Delusion 1

Use Your Delusion 1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts
  • 18-March 09
Axl Rose is one of the main reasons why GNR are so popular, otherwise they would be some nameless musicians and a guy in a hat.

What were her plans if she left Axl's payroll.....Go back to cleaning toilets, changing linens, wiping babies asses....general nanny shit?

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 14,465 posts
  • 07-October 07
"I don't think he is qualified to make that assertion"

Then who is? I don't agree with his exact wording, but I agree with the jist of his comments.

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11

Paul Stanley is the better member anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_2LQ1FJWg&feature=player_embedded

So? Paul Stanley is still the better member. He's still the brain behind KISS and still one of the biggest rockstars ever.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

packersnroses

packersnroses

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • 16-February 11
Axl should come out with GNR toothpaste. I'm sure Gene will appreciate him then.
And when you're in need of someone, My heart won't deny you. So many seem so lonely

With no one left to cry to baby.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,433 posts
  • 12-December 08
He was asked for his opinion on GNR, and he gave it. It's not like he had any intention of talking about the band. But someone with a 40 year career in a successful band is going to give his opinion, right or wrong. He doesn't know anything about Axl's background the way he would Eminem's because of the movie. Would he say Marshall Mathers needed a spanking as a kid? Prob. not.

There were a lot of problems going on with GNR, and it's been well-documented. The Beatles breakup took 40 years to get a decent account of what led to it and why it happened. GNR took 10-15 years to explain it. The problems with Van Halen have been revealed between Sam, Dave, and Valerie's books, plus some of the interviews. That took 20-30 years. If Mike writes a book, then you'll get more. Maybe we don't know everything, but we know a lot more than we did at that time.

I am hoping that someone like Neil Strauss is going to do a Rolling Stone interview with Axl as well as an in-depth explanation of how Chinese Democracy came together from the people who were there. Now with a TV interview out of the way, it might be the time to do it...

DrBrownstone

DrBrownstone

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • 10-November 10

Then explaiin why the rest of the band joined together to form Velvet Revolver. They could still work together. Axl broke up GNR. It really is that simple. Axlites will never admit that....to which I say, well...see things how you want... :shrugs:

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,158 posts
  • 15-July 03

Better?

I'm sorry I don't feel the need to give Axl a verbal blowjob in every post. I have no anger towards Axl either. So, you're wrong on that account.

Not really a Velvet Revolver fan. They had 2 or 3 songs I liked. Kinda "generic" sounding. I don't have a strong enough opinion on them to post in their section, sorry. You're 0 for 2.

I've never, personally, been offended by Axl nor do I consider him the devil. 3 strikes.

If you had actually read and comprehended my first post in this thread, I praised GNR and agreed they could have been the biggest band in the world. Musically, they were good enough. However, the personal issues were too much and ended something that should've have lasted to this day. However, for some reason, you decided to take time to respond to my rhetorical post with even more rhetoric. Weird.

Sorry, stopped reading after the "verbal blow job" part.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11

Then explaiin why the rest of the band joined together to form Velvet Revolver. They could still work together. Axl broke up GNR. It really is that simple. Axlites will never admit that....to which I say, well...see things how you want... :shrugs:

Duff, Slash and Matt formed VR. And that was 5 years after Duff left... The thing is, even if Axl hadn't "gotten all prima donna" on their asses, I doubt they all had the same vision of what GnR was supposed to be if they had continued. Duff wanted a new sound, like Axl did. Slash didn't, for example. What I'm saying is the fact original GnR lasted for so long is impressive considering who they were and what they did.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users