Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Major League Baseball Thread 2014

• Please log in to reply
3445 replies to this topic

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,899 posts
  • 09-March 08

suzyn's clemens freakout was so bad, that it is hillarious.

phil hughes with 3 good starts in a row :drevil:

ra dickey hammered again.

the rockies signed roy oswalt.

and still curious to see what happens to david price come july.

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

T.wa.T

T.wa.T

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts
  • 07-January 13
Couldnt count how many times Ive heard Sterling call a home run only for it to turn out to be a foul ball. Hes the absolute worst. He talks like hes the only one in the booth, totally ignoring Suzyn who is just as crazy. Shes guaranteed to cry when Mariano takes the mound for the last time.
I like the television crew. Singletons one of my favs. Jim Kaat was real good to.
Posted Image

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04

However, God damn is the Yankees announcer gawdawful. So irritating. How do you Yankee fans stand listening to that douchebag?

michael kay? or john sterling on the radio?

By far Michael Kay is the worst announcer on TV. He makes the Braves announcers sound good (I don't know if the Braves have the same TV announcers anymore. I haven't watched one of their broadcasts in year because I couldn't stand listening to it. I think they used to be on TBS, but I don't think TBS does Braves games anymore). I wish we could say, "SEE YA never again" to Michael Kay. I'm not really familiar with John Sterling because I haven't lived in the New York area in some time, so I can't listen to games on the radio.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

However, God damn is the Yankees announcer gawdawful. So irritating. How do you Yankee fans stand listening to that douchebag?

By far Michael Kay is the worst announcer on TV. He makes the Braves announcers sound good (I don't know if the Braves have the same TV announcers anymore. I haven't watched one of their broadcasts in year because I couldn't stand listening to it. I think they used to be on TBS, but I don't think TBS does Braves games anymore). I wish we could say, "SEE YA never again" to Michael Kay. I'm not really familiar with John Sterling because I haven't lived in the New York area in some time, so I can't listen to games on the radio.

If your a Yankee fan they are a good listen IMHO.....
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

AxlisOld

AxlisOld

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,776 posts
  • 08-May 05
If you're a Yankee fan you're also bottom feeding scum of baseball.

duffman.gifstormtrooper.gif
WARNING: Consumption of alcoholic beverages will MAKE YOU AWESOME

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,899 posts
  • 09-March 08

If you're a Yankee fan you're also bottom feeding scum of baseball.

:max:

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,899 posts
  • 09-March 08

http://sports.yahoo....-213332238.html

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04

Yeah I can see how that style of announcing fits right in with what the Yankees are going for. 

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,948 posts
  • 01-February 06

Miguel Cabrera goes 4 for 4 with 2 HRs and 6 RBIs, that's an MVP performance for you right there

Posted Image

arnold layne

arnold layne

hooray for tolerance!.

• SILVER
  • 13,892 posts
  • 17-November 06
Guess who drafted him in fantasy baseball? :)

I don't like games and fun

I don't like anyone

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,899 posts
  • 09-March 08

Guess who drafted him in fantasy baseball? :)

he is on pace for 201 rbi's which would set the all time record.

great pick by you.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,899 posts
  • 09-March 08

andrew bailey having a mri on his bicep.

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • 18-August 05

I watched a few Pirate games last year during one of those free MLB Extra Innings weeks.  Don't remember who they were, but their announcers literally had trouble forming complete sentences.  It honestly sounded like they were having a nine-inning stroke--taking two or three completely unrelated thoughts and trying to string them together.  Wish I would have saved one of their sentences that I texted to a friend.  It was gold--somehow they combined Gaby Sanchez, another player's wife, a foul ball, and kitty litter into the same sentence.

Posted Image

Thanks coma2k for the sig

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

Yeah I can see how that style of announcing fits right in with what the Yankees are going for. 

Meh, we are used to other teams  jealous fans hating us for the Yankees success......living up here in Massachusetts I live with it every day........comes with the territory of being a Yankee fan.........

Edited by classicrawker, 05 May 2013 - 05:12 PM.

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,899 posts
  • 09-March 08

i know which ones you are talking about on TBS they were the worst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users