Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Major League Baseball Thread 2K14

• Please log in to reply
4015 replies to this topic

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,806 posts
  • 06-February 10

the myth that is michael pineida finally showed up for the yankees. 2ip4k

McCann interviewed in the NY papers said he had filthy stuff with 92-94 FB and a wicked low 80's slider.......I know it is too early to get excited but we could have the makings of a nice pitching staff if Pineda is the #5 and everyone stays healthy...we could have Phelps and Warren in the pen as insurance..........certainly looks brighter than last spring!

yogi berra's wife carmen passed away at the age of 85. yogi and carmen were married for 65 years.

http://sports.yahoo....GlkA1ZJUDM1N18x

Very sad as they were married 65 years!......Just a matter of time before we lose Yogi...all the old Yankee legends  from the 50's and 60's will be gone soon.......

Edited by classicrawker, 08 March 2014 - 10:36 PM.

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,930 posts
  • 01-October 11

I don't know how the hell I'm gonna get all these BP balls on the plane!

Balls_zpsff9cc19e.jpg

Marlins are unbelievable, they gouge the fans by inflating ticket prices by 50% for a ST game against the Sox (first week no less) and then they bitch because more of the regulars didn't make the 4-hour drive from Ft Myers to Jupiter.  I have a feeling the Sox won't be playing the Marlins in Florida next year.

Best moments so far this spring:

Pedro Martinez making an appearance at my first game.
Lou Brock walking across the field just a few feet away, followed by Willie McGee.
Talking to Paul Molitor briefly, even though the SOB didn't keep his promise to sign.

And watching Christian Vazquez throw.  The dude has nailed a perfect 12-for-12 the past two spring trainings, he's a very little guy with a very big arm.  I fully expect him to get called up this September, if not sooner should Ross or AJ get injured.

This was a rare off-target throw that still nailed Skruggs by plenty ...

Vazquez-HP-cam.gif

• ronaldo9 likes this

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • 18-August 05

Sounds like you're having a good time.

I decided to get back into fantasy baseball this year.  In an 8 team NL Scoresheet league with some friends.  First time playing Scoresheet--it looks interesting.  Draft takes place over a two week period with each pick being about an hour apart, so there's no hassle in deciding an exact time for everyone.  Then, you set platoon lineups, when to pull SP's, use relievers, etc., while it simulates games based on your strategy and real-life stats.  Anybody with any experience with it?

Posted Image

Thanks coma2k for the sig

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • 01-October 11

Sounds like you're having a good time.

I decided to get back into fantasy baseball this year.  In an 8 team NL Scoresheet league with some friends.  First time playing Scoresheet--it looks interesting.  Draft takes place over a two week period with each pick being about an hour apart, so there's no hassle in deciding an exact time for everyone.  Then, you set platoon lineups, when to pull SP's, use relievers, etc., while it simulates games based on your strategy and real-life stats.  Anybody with any experience with it?

Yeah it was great, I think the vibe in ST is arguably better than many regular season games.   It's pretty cool being able to walk through a complex with over 50 players spread out over 6 or more fields, and then you can decide whether to watch BP or PFP or Catching Drills all from just a few feet away.  Both players and coaches do talk to fans during certain times, like when they are shagging flies.

Sorry I don't have any knowledge of Scoresheet, but that's cool you're back into it ... sounds fun.

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • 18-August 05

The Reds-Royals game today was suspended after Chapman was hit in the face by a line drive.  He never lost consciousness and was talking and was able to move his arms, legs, etc..  Was carted off the field and is currently in the hospital.  Early diagnosis is a "laceration, contusion above left eye," but I'm sure they'll be doing some tests at the hospital for internal injuries.  Scary situation.

Fan video of it:

Posted Image

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • 18-August 05

Early hospital tests show fractures about his left eye and nose.  Staying in the hospital for further testing.

Posted Image

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,735 posts
  • 01-February 06

Just read about this, very scarey.  I really hope Chapman will be ok, one of the most talented young pitchers in the league

Posted Image

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • 01-October 11

Early hospital tests show fractures about his left eye and nose.  Staying in the hospital for further testing.

Really sorry to hear about this yesterday.  When you think of all the instances where screeching liners either narrowly miss a pitcher's head or finds his glove just in time, it's a miracle this sort of thing hasn't happened more often.  I was a few feet away when Bryce Florie got nailed.  It's a sickening sight for anyone to see, let alone experience.

Thank goodness Chapman got hit where he did, if the ball had hit the side of his head it could have been fatal.

I'm sure he will make a full recovery, but realistically he will probably never be the same pitcher he was.  Guys historically never recover from getting hit like that, Matt Clement is another one that comes to mind.

It's been a really shitty 24 hours for you, between this and Harvard.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,417 posts
  • 09-March 08

11 days until opening night  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:

• ronaldo9 likes this

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

novemberparadise23

novemberparadise23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • 10-April 07
Can't wait for opening day.... Especially after this long and awful winter! Need the boys of summer to cheer me up haha

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • 01-October 11

MRI for Ellsbury. :)

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • 18-August 05

I'm sure he will make a full recovery, but realistically he will probably never be the same pitcher he was.  Guys historically never recover from getting hit like that, Matt Clement is another one that comes to mind.

It's been a really shitty 24 hours for you, between this and Harvard.

Yeah, could have been much worse.  Hope there's no lingering effects because he's such a talent and has a bright future, but will be tough to be fully comfortable again.

Don't even know what to say about that Harvard game.  No way our defense should have given up 36 points in the first half like that--uncharacteristic defensive breakdowns everywhere.  Came out and played the normal hard-nosed defense in the second half (25 points for Harvard), but that first half combined with 16 missed layups is not a recipe for success.  Credit to Harvard though for taking advantage and knocking down those shots in the first half.  You guys can help me out in my pool though, by knocking off 'Nova.  Thought Napier was going to hit that three at the buzzer in regulation--was a perfectly designed play and near-perfect execution.

Posted Image

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,417 posts
  • 09-March 08

MRI for Ellsbury. :)

im shocked :P i hated the signing and i will continue to hate it, still cannot see what the fuck the yankees were thinking when signing him. in other yankee news, pineda has looked good and his shoulder hasnt fallen off!

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,806 posts
  • 06-February 10

Sox fans can gloat all they want but I think Ellsbury will be just fine... with they Yankees outfield depth he is gravy in any case so no big worry IMHO...........I am really excited by the Yankees starting pitching this spring...........another brilliant outing by CC last night and with Pineda, Phelps and Warren battling for the 5th spot we may have a wealth of starting pitching this year........you can never have enough starters and the Yanks seem flush this year......If they can add one more quality short man I think we will be in the hunt this year............

Edited by classicrawker, 22 March 2014 - 07:07 AM.

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • 01-October 11

im shocked :P i hated the signing and i will continue to hate it, still cannot see what the fuck the yankees were thinking when signing him.

They saw a player who will stay healthy, if he does he will be well worth the contract.  It's a big "if" though. ;)

Regular season baseball has begun with the Dodgers and DBacks playing a doubleheader.  Kershaw got the win, but a rough day for Puig (0-for-5, 3 K's).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

ronaldo9