Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Major League Baseball Thread 2K14

• Please log in to reply
4018 replies to this topic

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,931 posts
  • 01-October 11

Link that provides financial information about every MLB team.

http://www.bloomberg...eam-values.html

Interesting how the Jays, even with all the hype and advance ticket sales after "winning" the 2012-2013 offseason, rank just 17th in Team Value and 23rd in Gate Receipts. ;)

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,462 posts
  • 09-March 08

much better CC, he is improving every start it seems. maybe im biased but outside of jeter,CC is my favorite yankee.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,462 posts
  • 09-March 08

great to solarte get his first major league homerun.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,931 posts
  • 01-October 11

much better CC, he is improving every start it seems. maybe im biased but outside of jeter,CC is my favorite yankee.

Thought for sure your favorite Yankee is Ellsbury.  Dude is doing it all, just like I said he would if he stays healthy. 

• bran likes this

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,462 posts
  • 09-March 08

Thought for sure your favorite Yankee is Ellsbury.  Dude is doing it all, just like I said he would if he stays healthy. 

yeah im starting to warm up to him.......... i never thought i would say that  :facepalm:

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,810 posts
  • 06-February 10

yeah im starting to warm up to him.......... i never thought i would say that  :facepalm:

not exactly a stretch to think he would do well as a Yankees if healthy considering his career stats..............based on what I read in the Boston papers he really did not fit in the Sox clubhouse as he was not out going.........he seems like a better fit for the Yankees culture and clubhouse IMHO..............

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,931 posts
  • 01-October 11

not exactly a stretch to think he would do well as a Yankees if healthy considering his career stats..............based on what I read in the Boston papers he really did not fit in the Sox clubhouse as he was not out going.........he seems like a better fit for the Yankees culture and clubhouse IMHO..............

He's an extremely quiet, private person.  Doesn't mean he doesn't "fit in", all it means is that he's probably never gonna be a clubhouse leader or have a locker-room presence.  If you expect him to change now that he's in pinstripes, you'll be disappointed.  His mild mannered demeanor has already been talked about on the YES Network, he's still himself and will always be.

And as just one example of how little the Boston reporters know about the off-the-field lives of players, read this:

"We had a day off and I got checked out and then I got this news," Pedroia said. "I'm driving home and I'm just sick about it. Then I get this text from Jacoby [Ellsbury]. He says, 'Are you OK?'

"I tell him, 'I've torn the ligaments in my thumb. I might need surgery,'" Pedroia recalled. "He comes back with, 'Is there any way you can play through it? We need you.'"

Until that moment, Pedroia admitted, he was mentally preparing to undergo the operation, be fitted for a cast and be sidelined for weeks.

"Jacoby hasn't said something like that to me in seven years we've been together," Pedroia said. "I looked at [my wife] Kelli, and I told her about Jacoby's text. Then I said, 'I gotta play with this. He would do it for me. All the guys would. I have to do it for them.'"

"Jacoby loves playing in Boston. There's this misconception out there that all he wanted to do this year was maximize his value so he could go somewhere else. That's not fair. He's been a great teammate, a huge part of our team. I'll be really happy if I show up to spring training and see him there."

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • 18-August 05

Aaron Harang pulled after pitching 7 no-hit innings.  Pitch count was at 121.  What a start he's off to this year--a 0.70 ERA in his first four starts.

Posted Image

Thanks coma2k for the sig

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts
  • 05-March 05

Aaron Harang pulled after pitching 7 no-hit innings.  Pitch count was at 121.  What a start he's off to this year--a 0.70 ERA in his first four starts.

That's the right call at his age and this early in the season.

You're right, he's red hot to start of this season! One of the biggest surprises so far.

Edited by Crazyman, 18 April 2014 - 11:17 PM.

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • 18-August 05

Yeah, definitely the right call.  Wish he would have had a lower pitch count to have a chance to go for it though.  He had 6 walks that killed his chances of going the distance though.

How about Pedro Alvarez attempting to field a grounder when Martin Maldonado literally hit the cover off the ball:  http://milwaukee.bre...0&vkey=news_mil

Don't think I've seen an infielder attempt to field and throw a ball like that before.

Edited by ronaldo9, 19 April 2014 - 12:45 AM.

• Crazyman likes this

Posted Image

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • 4,331 posts
  • 05-March 05

I was watching that live. It looked like a squirrel in the field and a duck after he threw it. I've never seen that before in an MLB game.

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • 18-August 05
And we probably won't see it again--at least certainly not any time soon.

Delino Deshields, Jr. was hit by a pitch in the face during a AA game last night:

Posted Image

JONEZY

JONEZY

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,227 posts
  • 30-June 05
Wow! That looks painful. I remember watching his dad play with the Cards in the 90's.

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,931 posts
  • 01-October 11

Wow! That looks painful. I remember watching his dad play with the Cards in the 90's.

I remember his dad got traded straight up for a young pitcher by the name of Pedro Martinez.

I think that's one trade the Dodgers wish they never made. :lol:

• Crazyman likes this

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • 4,331 posts
  • 05-March 05

Pedro will forever be my favorite baseball player ^_^

• The Linguini Occurrence likes this