Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Major League Baseball Thread 2K14

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • 09-March 08

Amazing story coming out of the LLWS .... the Yankees should put her in their rotation right now! 

fbf4a190-24c8-11e4-8170-1fca933d7252_mon

The legend of Mo'ne Davis, the 13-year-old girl with the 70-mph fastball, continued to grow Friday, as she became the first girl to throw a shutout in Little League World Series history.

She might have grabbed the title of coolest kid in the world in the process, striking out eight and allowing just two hits while getting praised by the likes of MIKE TROUT and Lil Wayne.

Davis' story had already gotten a lot of play before she threw her first LLWS pitch. She tossed a shutout at Sunday's regional championships to send her team, the Taney Dragons from Philadelphia, to Williamsport. That's a very Clayton Kershaw-like week for Davis: two shutouts, 14 strikeouts and only five hits allowed total in two games.

Davis is only the fourth American girl to play in the Little League World Series and the first since 2004. Now — with her historic performance Friday — she's the gold standard.

i would sign her, she is already better than crapuano  :lol:

Edited by bran, 18 August 2014 - 08:59 PM.

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,536 posts
  • 05-March 05

In other news the Brewers swept the Dodgers in LA, beating Greinke and Kershaw ^_^

f3d6963d_davis.jpg

91% chance of the Brew Crew making the playoffs.

e6e2264a_davis.jpg

That would make three times in seven seasons.

6eb958b1_davis.jpg

You're getting the Jays at a good time.

66ae40e7_davis.jpg

Too bad Lawrie is on the DL, would have made for some good drama.

eb240336_davis.jpg

All I see there is: what could have been!

It should be 4 in 7. If only our pitching wasn't terrible in 2007, I'm pretty sure we led the league in HR's that year (and probably a few other offensive stats), we definitely would've made some noise in the playoffs. 

Anyway, I hope you're right. Would be nice to make up that 2 game sweep earlier this season.

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts
  • 18-August 05

The Reds have been comical the last four games...finding new ways to lose in each game.  Tonight, Hoover decided to go with the hit-the-batter-with-the-bases-loaded-walk-off-loss routine.  Can't wait to see what it'll be tomorrow...hoping for the walkoff balk.  Just can't help but laugh at how the losses have come this road trip.

Posted Image

Thanks coma2k for the sig

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,536 posts
  • 05-March 05

The Reds have been comical the last four games...finding new ways to lose in each game.  Tonight, Hoover decided to go with the hit-the-batter-with-the-bases-loaded-walk-off-loss routine.  Can't wait to see what it'll be tomorrow...hoping for the walkoff balk.  Just can't help but laugh at how the losses have come this road trip.

I was fine with this when it was the Rockies, but did you really have to blow it against the Red Birds?!

At least Mike Fiers kept it going last night ^_^

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,646 posts
  • 09-March 08

im an ambidextrous thrower, they should sign me :awesomeface:

Edited by bran, 21 August 2014 - 01:57 PM.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,646 posts
  • 09-March 08

Hey this is the only good thing Red Sox Nation has had to celebrate all year, no chance I'm gonna ignore it!  :lol:

RusneyCastilloVertical-682x1024.jpg

6 years, $72M

Hopefully he'll team up with either Cespedes or Stanton for many years, reminding us all of when Manny & Ortiz were together.  :takethat:

or he could be juan miranda :P

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,646 posts
  • 09-March 08

or he could be juan miranda :P

He could wind up being Carmen Miranda, he'd still be better than Jackie Bradley Jr. :lol:

if only he could hit somewhat. the guy on defense is a magician. 

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,646 posts
  • 09-March 08

brian mccann walkoff  :headbang:

downzy

downzy

SUPER GOD

• SILVER Supporter
  • 3,588 posts
  • 18-February 06

Nice game by Buchholz last night.  Of course, it was against a team that couldn't score a run on four consecutive walks, but still a nice return to form for the pitcher. 

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,646 posts
  • 09-March 08

pineda pitching very well, hope he can stay healthy for the rest of the year and into next season.

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,595 posts
  • 01-October 11

Nice game by Buchholz last night.  Of course, it was against a team that couldn't score a run on four consecutive walks, but still a nice return to form for the pitcher. 

Once every 5 starts he has a good game, Jays were just unlucky to be the 5th opponent.  :lol:

Napoli's upper deck shot was something else, only the 17th ever in Rogers Centre.

I'm still in shock the Sox won the series.

pineda pitching very well, hope he can stay healthy for the rest of the year and into next season.

Just grease him up like the Tin Man and he'll be fine.  :lol:

Ellsbury has been a monster the past week, definitely earning his contract now.

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users