Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Major League Baseball Thread 2K14

• Please log in to reply
4640 replies to this topic

Crazyman

Crazyman

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts
  • 05-March 05

K-Rod decided not to blow the game tonight! ^_^

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,450 posts
  • 01-October 11

Holy crap, I think this is an example of losing TOO MUCH weight.  Dmitri Young doesn't look like an athlete now IMO ...

a855da20-1516-11e4-aab5-0b337ff8aeb3_USA

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence, 27 July 2014 - 09:18 AM.

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,450 posts
  • 01-October 11
Way to go, Na-var-ro!!!

And talk about the scorer being a homer, no way in hell McCann's grounder was a hit. Bautista clearly blew an easy catch.

JONEZY

JONEZY

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,281 posts
  • 30-June 05

Cards get AJ Pierzinski, catcher who was released by Boston.  3 hits in his first game, 1 hit the next, 2 wins.  So far so good.  Don't really know much about this guy, relying on Linguini to fill me in. 

Anyway, the Cards needed a veteran catcher to fill in for Molina, who may be back for the playoffs(assuming the Cardinals get there). 

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • 18-August 05
Reds still rolling...now 1-9 since the break. The Cubs better watch out.

I did not know that Jason Lane was still around. Seems like a decade since last hearing his name.

Posted Image

Thanks coma2k for the sig

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,450 posts
  • 01-October 11

Cards get AJ Pierzinski, catcher who was released by Boston.  3 hits in his first game, 1 hit the next, 2 wins.  So far so good.  Don't really know much about this guy, relying on Linguini to fill me in. 

Anyway, the Cards needed a veteran catcher to fill in for Molina, who may be back for the playoffs(assuming the Cardinals get there). 

AJ has been very consistent throughout his 17 years, what you see is pretty much what you get:

Above-average hitter (for a catcher) with power, had his best offensive season just two years ago

Notorious free swinger, he almost always swings at the first pitch and rarely walks

Below average defensive catcher, he'll have his fair share of passed balls and bases stolen on him

Pitchers generally don't like his game calling

And oh yeah, he's got a very bad reputation as a jerk and bad teammate, confirmed when he was voted by 100 MLB players as the most hated player in the game http://hardballtalk....obnoxious-fans/

For a couple months he should be fine, but just remember he'll always put himself before the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users