Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Major League Baseball Thread 2K14

• Please log in to reply
3949 replies to this topic

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,327 posts
  • 09-March 08

Doesn't he have a huge contract as well?

he signed a 7 year/126 million dollar contract in 2006 i believe it was, so i think he is in the last year of the deal

And with it being the last year of the contract, it's probably the most expensive year. But whatever, it's not like money is an issue for the Yankees anyway. They make so much money off of tv rights it really doesn't matter what they pay their players.

Which is why team like Toronto, which is owned by its television broadcaster, is fucked in terms of money it can spend. Having little to no access to television revenue means you're going up against teams making $200-$300 million a year before they ever sell a single ticket. It's a shame that the MLB and most professional sports leagues can't be run like the NFL.

yeah it was a backloaded contract
the yankees are trying to lower their payroll dramatically, trying to get below 185 million.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• Supporters
  • 5,585 posts
  • 21-September 05
Quite a few people around my area are upset about Hamilton. The Rangers' GM is upset he didn't give them a chance to counter offer. I don't think they would have matched the Angela' offer though.

mqx0Dfq.gif

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,327 posts
  • 09-March 08

Quite a few people around my area are upset about Hamilton. The Rangers' GM is upset he didn't give them a chance to counter offer. I don't think they would have matched the Angela' offer though.

the rangers were smart not to give hamilton that deal IMO

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

ronaldo9

ronaldo9

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • 18-August 05

he signed a 7 year/126 million dollar contract in 2006 i believe it was, so i think he is in the last year of the deal

He has 2 years left, each being $21 million. Though, he does have a clause saying that he can opt out of his contract if he wants to, since it's after 2011... :lol:

Has anybody else seen this website? Just came across it while searching for more about Wells' contract. I'm sure you'll enjoy some of these numbers if the Yankees get him...: http://baseballplaye...36_Vernon_Wells

Edited by ronaldo9, 16 December 2012 - 04:12 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks coma2k for the sig

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,327 posts
  • 09-March 08

He has 2 years left, each being $21 million. Though, he does have a clause saying that he can opt out of his contract if he wants to, since it's after 2011... :lol:

Has anybody else seen this website? Just came across it while searching for more about Wells' contract. I'm sure you'll enjoy some of these numbers if the Yankees get him...: http://baseballplaye...36_Vernon_Wells

cool site, i would not want vernon wells ever.
that contract is crazy and no way in hell he opts out of that deal :lol:

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• Supporters
  • 5,585 posts
  • 21-September 05

I agree. Isn't he injured right now anyway? I've been to one major league game my entire life and it was Rangers/Angels summer 2011. I'd like to go again this summer if we can afford it.

mqx0Dfq.gif

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,327 posts
  • 09-March 08

I agree. Isn't he injured right now anyway? I've been to one major league game my entire life and it was Rangers/Angels summer 2011. I'd like to go again this summer if we can afford it.

he has injury problems, we know about his off the field problems. i like him as a player but i dont think he is the type of person to lead a team.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• Supporters
  • 5,585 posts
  • 21-September 05
A radio host here in Dallas said moving to LA, he won't even live through the five year contract. :lol:

mqx0Dfq.gif

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,327 posts
  • 09-March 08

A radio host here in Dallas said moving to LA, he won't even live through the five year contract. :lol:

i dont know about thaaaattttt :lol:

but he fell off the wagon in texas i could only imagine the temptation in LA. once a person is a drug addict they are forever one and they will fight with it for the rest of their lives, i just hope he doesnt give into temptation in LA

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• Supporters
  • 5,585 posts
  • 21-September 05
Did he? I didn't know about him falling off the wagon. I don't follow a lot of sports.

mqx0Dfq.gif

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,327 posts
  • 09-March 08

Did he? I didn't know about him falling off the wagon. I don't follow a lot of sports.

yeah he did in early 2009 he was drinking at a bar and trying to get some coke. again in 2012 he was drinking at a bar again.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,872 posts
  • 01-October 11

yeah he did in early 2009 he was drinking at a bar and trying to get some coke. again in 2012 he was drinking at a bar again.

He said the reason for this year's horrible midseason slump was that he quit chewing tobacco, was this ever confirmed or was it just an excuse? For all his problems he seems like a standup guy in terms of honesty, so I tend to think he was speaking the truth.

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,872 posts
  • 01-October 11

cool site, i would not want vernon wells ever.
that contract is crazy and no way in hell he opts out of that deal :lol:

Yeah that site has some interesting features, but I think I still prefer Cotts.

I'm certain if the Yankees acquire Wells they would force the Angels to take on a good chunk of his salary. He did have a rebound year in 2010, but he's been brutal ever since.

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,872 posts
  • 01-October 11
The infatuation with the Drew brothers continues as the Red Sox sign Stephen Drew, which means they realize Iglesias will never become a major league hitter.

Just what we need, another guy coming off a career-worst season.

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04
It appears the Mets are getting rid of R.A. Dickey and his catcher Josh Thole, both of whom I liked a lot, for a bunch of players I don't give a shit about. There's almost nobody left on the team I like. Exciting. Looking forward to another 76-86 season with no-name players except Santana, who will probably not play most of the season, and Wright.

Spoiler

Edited by DirtyDeeds, 17 December 2012 - 09:35 AM.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users