Bumblefoot pain and drugs

bumblecool

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge Bumblefoot fan. I follow every step that guy makes. From what I've seen, I can tell you that he's in a shitload of pain and it's worse than most think.

Kudos to him for lasting so long but, if you ask me he shouldn't be on this tour at all. He's a legend for lasting this long.

I am not concerned with the shows (I do love this band though)

What I am concerned with is Ron's state of mind, I have been down that road with damn near the same injuries, it is a very dark place and I worry about him :(

I hope he finds that better days are to come for him and his pain

Ron is the main reason I follow GnR at all but, to be fair, I hope he quits...

I think he's doing it out of loyalty and because he would feel terrible about causing the tour to be cancelled but I'm really worried that he might fuck his neck up for good and then not be able to play at all.

As a fan, I'd rather have him leave GnR, take some time off his solo career too if he must than never hear him play again.

Really sad that he's in such pain :(

Ron is a true fn great guy! When I met the guy backstage in Houston and told him who I am, the guy gave me a big strong hug. I said Ron your back, he said its cool. I could tell he walks with pain. I wish Ron the best and hope his back feels back to normal soooon!

Here is what he wrote on twitter in August:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/c638da

About tomorrow's gig... :) Poc has been at my studio for the last 2 weeks while I produce her album. Making her music sound like *her* and what she feels is a true expression of her personality. Heavier, more guitars, more rock, more energy. The songs should have a hint of how the album will sound :)

This will be an interesting gig for me. My first one since the car accident. The accident was worse than I let on. I couldn't move my fingers or raise my arms in front of me, pain and uncertainty about the future was enough to look into suicide rather than 30 more years of constant pain. Couldn't speak fast or make simple decisions. I'm scared that I'll expose myself as less than who I was. Been training hard constantly for 2 months, physical therapy, doctors, tests - but this is my first time playing a show with a guitar strap pressing on my neck, and numbing my left arm. Will do my best, that's all I can do. Hope to see you there :)

that is not easy

I was just reading his messages on facebook also,I really hope things work out for him and he's able to last till the tour is done,I really do not know what he's referring to when he's talking about all the people etc.But if he cannot go on with the tour will that mean Axl will cancel or postpone it,? wishing Ron all the best ,

I hope he can drug it out until the end of the tour. They should just continue without him if he can't go on. DJ and Richard have more than enough chops to play the songs. This band really needs to complete a US TOUR without interruption.

Edited by ITW 2012

I hope he can drug it out until the end of the tour. They should just continue without him if he can't go on. DJ and Richard have more than enough chops to play the songs. This band really needs to complete a US TOUR without interruption.

Neither DJ(certainly not DJ) or Fortus can handle most of Bucket's parts.

They could just substitute CD songs they can't play for OLD GNR songs if that's case. Losing Shackler's and Chinese Democracy from the setlist would be no big loss anyway. And they can still do Sorry, TIL, Better and Maddy every night without Ron.

I do feel bad for Ron though! It'd be better for him to back out than risk permanently wrecking his back.

Edited by ITW 2012

I think fortus can handle it.

But let's see what happens with bumble first :(

bumblefoot Bumblefoot

Wow. Was gonna finally do it and the stuff I need is missing from my luggage. Guess I'll see y'all tomorrow......... #FuckYouGuardianAngel

18 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

bumblefoot Bumblefoot

Alone. Contemplating......

18 hours ago

Wait, wtf. This is serious.

I'm seriously concerned for Ron after reading that. That sounds BAD.

bumblefoot Bumblefoot

Wow. Was gonna finally do it and the stuff I need is missing from my luggage. Guess I'll see y'all tomorrow......... #FuckYouGuardianAngel

18 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

bumblefoot Bumblefoot

Alone. Contemplating......

18 hours ago

Wait, wtf. This is serious.

VERY SERIOUS.

Can someone change the name of this thread to something along the lines of "Bumblefoot seems to be legitimately suicidal" or something? So that people actually take notice of all of this? The more attention that is called to all of this, the better. It REALLY sounds like he needs help. Those tweets need to be taken seriously, you don't joke around like that.

Here is some audio of Ron taking painkillers before the Kansas City concert.

This video is unlisted for a reason. I don't want some site picking it up and spinning it into something. If I see this linked anywhere I'll delete it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gahJBpQsqsk

I really think Bumble wants to do something else (produce), but the GNR paycheck is to let go.

Actually, Ron didn't want to tour at all. He said he had to because they couldn't get someone else to do it.