The Official - Frank Ferrer drummer thread

vaida

I've seen frank with the band twice now. First time in Hammerstein in 06 and this past thursday at the Izod Center. The first time i saw him i wasn't very impressed (i was also very drunk).

The other night i could not believe how fluid and powerful he was behind the drum set.

Outside of Brain he's my favorite GnR drummer.

I've seen frank with the band twice now. First time in Hammerstein in 06 and this past thursday at the Izod Center. The first time i saw him i wasn't very impressed (i was also very drunk).

The other night i could not believe how fluid and powerful he was behind the drum set.

Outside of Brain he's my favorite GnR drummer.

Frank didn't play any of the Hammerstein shows in 06, Brain was the drummer for all 4 shows. Frank did join the band in 06 but not til about half was through the Euro tour.

Frank is the fuckin' man! I can't picture the band without him anymore!

I feel exactly the same way.

Frank is a beast on the kit. He's good enough in the technical department to do the material ranging from the Illusions to Chinese, but he always manages to put is own spin on things or inject his own groove without straying too far from what was originally done. It's also nice to hear You Could Be Mine done justice again, as I was never a fan of Brain's version. Frank is the best fit for the band right now. His groove, sound, and overall power help make the live show what it is. His "Guns N' Roses" chants that he starts are always fun too.

Beast ? I was thinking more along the line of Bear :D

Edited by vaida